HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abdel's Wrestling Year-End Awards!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MyAgeIsn'tOnTheClock
Jobber
MyAgeIsn'tOnTheClock

Abdel's Wrestling Year-End Awards! Empty
PostSubject: Abdel's Wrestling Year-End Awards!   Abdel's Wrestling Year-End Awards! EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 8:08 am

Top 10 Matches of the Year: (won't be counting cinematic matches)

10. Edge vs. Randy Orton - WWE Backlash 2020
Felt like this would've been higher on the list if it wasn't built as "The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever". Still was a great match, really well structured, even though I wasn't a fan of the different finishers throughout but the match flowed perfectly and made for a really enjoyable watch.

9. Roman Reigns (c) vs. Kevin Owens - WWE Universal Championship - TLC Match - TLC 2020.
Loved everything about this. The build, to start off, was fantastic (like everything else Roman has done since his return). Amazing story being told throughout, with Owens destroying Jey Uso's leg early on to stop him from interfering only for Jey come back later and help Roman win. Some incredible spots in this match as well, everything about it was great.

8. Jon Moxley (c) vs. MJF - AEW World Championship Match - AEW All Out 2
Really underrated match. One of my favorite feuds this year, with MJF's whole presidential campaign shtick. They nailed the build of old school wrestler vs. dirty brawler, and used it to tell a brilliant story in the match, with MJF getting busted open pretty early on but showing his toughness to keep going and take Mox to his limits. Awesome finish too with MJF trying to use the ring only for Mox to counter it with the banned Paradigm Shift. Was the best match on AEW's poorest show to date, which is why I think it isn't talked about as much, but I really loved this match.

7. Finn Balor (c) vs. Kyle O'Reilly - NXT Championship Match - NXT TakeOver 31
Phenomenal match between two incredible wrestlers. Just a brutal fight from the start, resulting in a broken jaw for Finn and bruised ribs for Kyle. Great watch.

6. Sami Zayn vs. Jeff Hardy (c) vs. AJ Styles - WWE Intercontinental Championship - Triple Threat Ladder Match - WWE Clash Of Champions 2020
One of the most fun matches I've ever seen. Sami Zayn is a genius. Cuffing a ladder to Jeff's ear popped me. Really enjoyable watch.

5. Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kota Ibushi - IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match - Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1
First NJPW match I've ever seen and it's what really got me into NJPW. A lot of unnecessary head bumps, but an amazing match.

4. Walter (c) vs. Ilja Dragunov - WWE NXT UK Championship Match - NXT UK #116
One of the most brutal matches I've ever seen. Just two men slapping the shit out of each other, and it happened on a random episode of NXT UK. Incredible match.

3. EVIL (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi - IWGP Heavyweight & Intercontinental Championships - NJPW Sengoku Lord in Nagoya 2020
Dramatic, overbooked over-the-top performance and I absolutely loved it. Amazing build to the match and a brilliant story told throughout. Hiromu's nearfall was one of the moments of the year.

2. 2020 Royal Rumble Match
The match that made me fall in love with wrestling again. Everything about this match was amazing. Brock Lesnar's performance. Drew eliminating Brock. Edge's return. Drew winning. Loved every second of that match.

1. Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (c) vs. The Young Bucks - AEW World Tag Team Championships Match - AEW Revolution 2020
Nothing much to say about this match. Must-watch if you're a wrestling fan, no matter what Moose tells you.

There are obviously some matches I've missed and some great matches (mostly from NJPW) that I haven't seen.

Male Wrestler of the Year: Jon Moxley

Female Wrestler of the Year: Io Shirai

Non-Wrestler of the Year: Taz

Event of the Year: AEW Revolution
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Abdel's Wrestling Year-End Awards! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abdel's Wrestling Year-End Awards!   Abdel's Wrestling Year-End Awards! EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 2:17 pm

MyAgeIsn'tOnTheClock wrote:
1. Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (c) vs. The Young Bucks - AEW World Tag Team Championships Match - AEW Revolution 2020
Nothing much to say about this match. Must-watch if you're a wrestling fan, no matter what Moose tells you.
clown

Abdel's Wrestling Year-End Awards!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1