HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in
Share
 

 Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
Icon
Eeyen

Posts : 13976
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 26

Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania   Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 3:32 am

Dean Ambrose, a main event wrestler for WWE since debuting with The Shield in 2012, has given his notice to WWE that he will be finishing up when his current contract expires at the end of April, according to three PWTorch sources. He broke the news to management this weekend, including directly in a meeting with Vince McMahon, after being offered a new contract and a raise weeks ago.

He is expected to finish up shortly after WrestleMania, although it’s possible WWE would write him out of storylines sooner. This could explain why he was rather unceremoniously eliminated from the Royal Rumble on Sunday night and did a clean job to Seth Rollins on TV on Raw last night.

Sources tell PWTorch that Ambrose has been long frustrated with the creative direction of his character and reached a breaking point recently. He’s indicated to WWE management this weekend he’s not interested in negotiating further and made it clear this isn’t about trying to get more money. One of his colleagues on the roster, when asked tonight about Dean’s demeanor lately and if there were any signs of discontent, said “he’s pretty much impossible to read.” He added, though, that Dean “hates hokey sh–” and, since so much of his character has been portrayed as hokey in the last few years, he’s not surprised that would have built up frustration leading to a breaking point.

Top management in WWE and a small circle of friends of Dean knew about his decision this weekend, but it wasn’t well known at the Rumble or Raw among most of his colleagues.

____________________
Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania 8ac976ca6f8befeaa023cc0b0a1abb84
WHERE AM I
Back to top Go down
Giggity Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Giggity Gopher

Posts : 9335
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 27
Location : Arlington, Texas

Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania   Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 8:36 am

Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Tenor

Pictured: Cody Rhodes

____________________
Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Forum-Signature-Blue
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg Online
Guest
Guest



Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania   Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 9:11 am

Nah I don't think he'll go to AEW unless they have oVe because I see him joining the group.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Posts : 22306
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 28
Location : Kotzebue, AK

Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania   Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 9:21 am

He'll probably do better after leaving. WWE creative always screwed up his gimmick.

____________________
Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Sig
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Giggity Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Giggity Gopher

Posts : 9335
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 27
Location : Arlington, Texas

Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania   Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 9:43 am

Void wrote:
Nah I don't think he'll go to AEW unless they have oVe because I see him joining the group.
I highly doubt he would choose to go to Impact Wrestling just to be a part of a stable. A few years ago, maybe. Definitely not now.

____________________
Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Forum-Signature-Blue
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg Online
Guest
Guest



Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania   Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 2:13 pm

@Giggity Gopher wrote:
Void wrote:
Nah I don't think he'll go to AEW unless they have oVe because I see him joining the group.
I highly doubt he would choose to go to Impact Wrestling just to be a part of a stable. A few years ago, maybe. Definitely not now.

oVe works all other indy shows not just impact. Wherever his best buddy Sami goes, thats where I see Jon Moxley going. Impact, Blackcraft, PWG, CZW, Rockstar Pro, and AEW if they get a deal there.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
Icon
Eeyen

Posts : 13976
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 26

Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania   Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 6:21 pm

I think Impact is the most likely destination if he wants to continue wrestling right away. He has close friends there. Their schedule is light and they're probably the closest to his ideal version of wrestling. Plus, they have a lot of money available considering they had the cash for Jericho and Omega.

That said, I expect him to take a break. I think he's probably going through some PTSD related to his surgery from last year. I don't think he's in a great place mentally right now.

After that, I could see anywhere. I know he loves wrestling in Japan and "the respect" the fans give the performers there. I think he's going to want to do tours in Japan in some form or fashion. Pretty much anywhere he signs would give him the opportunity to do that.

AEW would be the best destination if Renee wants to join him. He would also have complete creative freedom.

Impact would be the best destination if he wants comfort and familiarity with the roster. He's also going to have a good bit of creative freedom there.

NJPW would be a strong option if he wants a few dates for a lot of money. Jericho was making $100,000 per match. I think Ambrose is worth at least that much.

ROH could potentially be a fit. He's the kind of guy Sinclair would pony up for, but they're not a storyline based company and Ambrose is looking for more creative license with his character. He would have freedom in Ring of Honor, but he wouldn't be given a platform to showcase his character for the most part.

I would set the odds as:

75% Impact and All Elite Wrestling combination
20% NJPW
2.5% Impact
1.5% AEW
1% ROH


____________________
Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania 8ac976ca6f8befeaa023cc0b0a1abb84
WHERE AM I
Back to top Go down
Giggity Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Giggity Gopher

Posts : 9335
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 27
Location : Arlington, Texas

Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania   Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 6:25 pm

@Eeyen wrote:
I think Impact is the most likely destination if he wants to continue wrestling right away. He has close friends there. Their schedule is light and they're probably the closest to his ideal version of wrestling. Plus, they have a lot of money available considering they had the cash for Jericho and Omega.

That said, I expect him to take a break. I think he's probably going through some PTSD related to his surgery from last year. I don't think he's in a great place mentally right now.

After that, I could see anywhere. I know he loves wrestling in Japan and "the respect" the fans give the performers there. I think he's going to want to do tours in Japan in some form or fashion. Pretty much anywhere he signs would give him the opportunity to do that.

AEW would be the best destination if Renee wants to join him. He would also have complete creative freedom.

Impact would be the best destination if he wants comfort and familiarity with the roster. He's also going to have a good bit of creative freedom there.

NJPW would be a strong option if he wants a few dates for a lot of money. Jericho was making $100,000 per match. I think Ambrose is worth at least that much.

ROH could potentially be a fit. He's the kind of guy Sinclair would pony up for, but they're not a storyline based company and Ambrose is looking for more creative license with his character. He would have freedom in Ring of Honor, but he wouldn't be given a platform to showcase his character for the most part.

I would set the odds as:

75% Impact and All Elite Wrestling combination
20% NJPW
2.5% Impact
1.5% AEW
1% ROH

When did Jericho wrestle in Impact?

____________________
Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Forum-Signature-Blue
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg Online
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Posts : 22306
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 28
Location : Kotzebue, AK

Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania   Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 7:49 pm

@Giggity Gopher wrote:
When did Jericho wrestle in Impact?
He was about to sign with them before AEW became a thing.

____________________
Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania Sig
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
 

Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: The Squared Circle :: World Wrestling Entertainment-