HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

What type of Geass would you have?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

What type of Geass would you have? Empty
PostSubject: What type of Geass would you have?   What type of Geass would you have? EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 6:41 pm

Quote :
The Geass manifests differently in each individual, possibly related to their inner desires and personality. The power of Geass increases with use, and should the user lack the willpower, they may be consumed by it, which was the case with Mao. C.C. calls Geass the Power of Kings, and though she is unable to use the power herself, she is immune to the power being used on her. In the final episode of the second season, Lelouch states that the Geass is a form of wish (referring to himself and C.C.). However, people who have Geass are not immune to the Geass effects of others. The Geass is represented by a glowing, bird-shaped symbol.

Every Geass, while powerful, has its own unique set of restrictions, limitations, or idiosyncrasies. These factors allow a Geass to be defeated, or its power limited, by someone who is aware of its characteristics. All Geass abilities that have thus far appeared within the canon of the television series have been related to the mind, influencing such things as will, thought, memory and perception. Geass abilities in the alternate universe manga Nightmare of Nunnally have no such limitations. All Geass, regardless of user, appear in only one eye in the initial stages. Eventually, assuming the user lives long enough, the Geass will eventually begin to grow until it shows on both eyes, seemingly as a result of repeated use, or pushing the Geass to exceed its own limits. However, overuse and/or mental instability can lead to an affliction known as "runaway Geass" that causes the user to become unable to control their Geass, making it become permanently active.

The only case of a person that manifested a "perfect" Geass is Charles zi Britannia, who shows the ability to activate his Geass at will, yet possesses Geass in both eyes. Once the Geass evolves to two eyes, it is strong to take the Code of a code bearer thereby rendering the former code bearer mortal again, making them an Immortal who is immune to all Geass. It should be noted that the death of the former code bearer is NOT a requisite for the Code transfer. This is evidenced by the fact that V.V. was still alive quite a while after Charles already got his Code. Charles did not kill V.V., he merely succumbed to his injuries from battles with Lelouch and Cornelia. It should also be noted that C.C. was also giving people Geass with the hopes they would render her mortal once their Geass reached maximum strength, so she could commit suicide like the nun did before her.

According to an English edition of Newtype, the power of Geass has something to do with the very existence of humankind, and it may be used to destroy, control, or transform just about anything. This is because the "gods" of the Geass universe are actually a collection of subconscious and will that are always in conflict, and one with a powerful Geass could influence it, as Lelouch does in the series, and Charles seemingly does, and with a proper system, can also influence reality, which is the concept behind the Sword Of Akasha. "Geass" may be an intentional corruption of the word geas or geis, a term for a type of magical contract in Irish mythology.

There appears to be something that connects Geass users and the ones they form contracts with, allowing them to sense certain changes in the other. C.C. was able to sense exactly when Lelouch's Geass went runaway, while Orpheus and Marrybell were both able to sense when V.V. died through a pain they felt in their Geass.

The power of Geass is not absolutely successful as there certain beings who can resists the effects of Geass, mainly due to victim's grudge against the Geass user. For example, Lelouch and Nunnally were able to negate Emperor Charles' Geass due to their acceptance of reality over false memories. Again, Euphemia and Nunnally both attempted to resist Lelouch's orders due to the fact that it was against their personalities follow his orders, though it was rendered useless and the orders were executed nonetheless. Also Lelouch was seen resisting Charles' Geass due to the conflict given his Julius Kingsley's persona against his own after his capture at the Battle of the Tokyo Settlement. Another set of cases is the code of immortality - beings who can bestow Geass, however the principle behind it is unknown. Notable examples are C.C., V.V., and Emperor Charles.
http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/Geass

TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: What type of Geass would you have?   What type of Geass would you have? EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 1:25 am

I'd like mine to be like Marianne's but without the dying part. Taking possession of people's bodies would be a great Geass power for me.

Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: What type of Geass would you have?   What type of Geass would you have? EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 2:49 am

I think I want to have Lelouch's powers and become a drifter. Order food at a specific place and order them to let me have it for free, rinse and repeat. I literally will be the reason several different restaurant chains will fire their employees and I'll become the next Kira.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: What type of Geass would you have?   What type of Geass would you have? EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 3:00 am

@Kitty wrote:
I think I want to have Lelouch's powers and become a drifter. Order food at a specific place and order them to let me have it for free, rinse and repeat. I literally will be the reason several different restaurant chains will fire their employees and I'll become the next Kira.
This is the worst use of Geass ever!

Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: What type of Geass would you have?   What type of Geass would you have? EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 3:08 am

@MooseNugget wrote:
@Kitty wrote:
This is the worst use of Geass ever!
Hey Kira was way worse!

TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
AKBOB

PostSubject: Re: What type of Geass would you have?   What type of Geass would you have? EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 10:39 pm

I want to be invisible

Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: What type of Geass would you have?   What type of Geass would you have? EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 1:02 am

@AKBOB wrote:
I want to be invisible
All the time or temporarily?

TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
AKBOB

PostSubject: Re: What type of Geass would you have?   What type of Geass would you have? EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 1:03 am

@Kitty wrote:
@AKBOB wrote:
I want to be invisible
All the time or temporarily?
Maybe all the time?

What type of Geass would you have?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: Popular Demand :: Entertainment World :: Anime Asylum-