HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it ever the crowd's fault

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Is it ever the crowd's fault Empty
PostSubject: Is it ever the crowd's fault   Is it ever the crowd's fault EmptyWed Sep 19, 2018 1:17 pm

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1042257700225265665?s=19

I know this has been brought up before. And my thoughts have changed since I've gone to see wrestling live. I'm fine with cheering and booing whoever you want. My problem is distracting from the wrestling itself. And I guess you can say chants can do that but I think they're a big part of wrestling today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever the crowd's fault   Is it ever the crowd's fault EmptyWed Sep 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Yeah, depends on the situation. I don't boo or cheer myself (although I haven't been to a wrestling show in forever), but I find that okay. And of course it does add to the matches, a three star match can be turned into a four star one with a really hot crowd. Usually I hate it when crowds fuck around (beach ball, stupid chants, so on). Unless it's something that they made clear to the promotion that they don't want it (i.e. Lesnar/Reigns).

Shit like CM Punk chants during an entirely unrelated segment is stupid as fuck though. I hate the argument "Well I paid for a ticket so I get to do whatever I want." Wrestling at it's core is a performance, and you can ruin the entertainment for others with your bullshit. You wouldn't act like that during a play or other type of performance. Wrestling obviously has a higher tolerance for such things, but there's a line.
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever the crowd's fault   Is it ever the crowd's fault EmptyWed Sep 19, 2018 4:09 pm

Also, I do agree with Cody that a promotion does need to be attentive to what crowd wants. But sometimes people are just assholes.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever the crowd's fault   Is it ever the crowd's fault EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:04 pm

TBH I'll take an obnoxious crowd over a dead silent one. A dead silent crowd legit RUINS shows.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever the crowd's fault   Is it ever the crowd's fault EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 12:53 am

I feel both ruin a show. I used to think a crowd can't ruin a show/match, but shit like the Ziggler/Rollins Iron Man match has proved me wrong. I feel like it's easier to watch and enjoy stuff on 205 Live, which has a dead crowd most of the time, than it is to watch something like that, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever the crowd's fault   Is it ever the crowd's fault EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 12:58 am

I think that a match could be amazing but if the crowd is dead, it ruins it.

But I agree an obnoxious crowd can ruin a match. I learned that from Seth vs Finn for the Universal title at SS.

Excellent fuckin match, terrible crowd ruined it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever the crowd's fault   Is it ever the crowd's fault Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it ever the crowd's fault

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1