HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Comedy and Wrestling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:53 am

I make those threads because I do flip my shit and I see I took it too far, I own up to it and apologize.n but half the reason why is because someone makes a smart ass comment or jab at me and that's what sets me off. If we are going to have civil discussion we can, but when you start throwing insults at me I will get pissed off.

____________________
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 19969
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:16 pm


____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:22 pm

It depends on what a person defines as comedy. Comedy also being wide rage. Slapstick, dark, ECT ECT

____________________
Back to top Go down
Sam I Am
Icon
avatar

Posts : 15971
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Darnoldville

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:24 am

Wrestling NEEDS comedy

When it's taken too seriously for too long it just gets boring.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 19969
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:16 am

NCAA armature wrestling did got record amount of people seeing their championship matches. No gimmicks needed.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:40 am

There is a big difference between armature wrestling and pro wrestling Moose Funny. Armature is a true sport. There is no staged finishes or anything, it is a legit bout. Pro Wrestling is Entertainment through and through. People watch Pro Wrestling to be entertained, either by the skills the wrestlers show off or watching the rock roast someone, or watch something like johnny gargano and tommaso ciampa, a friendship turned into a blood heated feud. Trying to compare Armature wrestling and Pro wrestling is Apples to Oranges, it is really silly.

____________________
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 19969
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:51 am

People don't need comedy to be entertained. And clearly things an evolve and devolve. That's true to nature and it's true to pro wrestling.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Giggity Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
avatar

Posts : 8986
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 26
Location : Arlington, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:57 am

Armature, tho.

Honestly, though, I don't think wrestling /needs/ comedy, but I like that it has it. In almost any type of media, whether it be film, television, etc., there's comic relief in the more serious stuff. That doesn't mean every match/storyline needs comic relief, but I enjoy when there's some comedy sprinkled through the shows.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg Online
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:58 am

Comedy is just many things to be entertained by in Pro wrestling. Pro wrestling is more kin to a variety show then it is with its mat base cousin. People can be entertained by Kenny and Okada trying to destroy the others neck, People can be entertained by Joey Ryan flipping people with his dick. That's what makes Pro Wrestling so awesome, because you can find something for everyone to be entertained by.

____________________
Back to top Go down
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:00 am

@Giggity Gopher wrote:
Armature, tho.

Honestly, though, I don't think wrestling /needs/ comedy, but I like that it has it. In almost any type of media, whether it be film, television, etc., there's comic relief in the more serious stuff. That doesn't mean every match/storyline needs comic relief, but I enjoy when there's some comedy sprinkled through the shows.

I agree with that, it doesn't need Comedy. If they have a target choice of viewer and they want a certain image. That has ever right to exist as much as a company like Chikara does.

____________________
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 19969
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:21 am

Joey Ryan makes pro wrestling a joke. He needed to do that to make a freak show for himself to draw money. He knows at this point he wasn't good enough to main event Final Battle or Bound For Glory.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:57 am

There is an old saying in wrestling. "Once you hit an Irish whip, you throw reality out the window" he isn't getting booked in roh but I see Ryan booked everywhere. I am sure he doesn't toss and turn at nights not being booked at final battle.

____________________
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 19969
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:12 pm

An Irish Whip is way different than Joey Ryan's penis bump. That's like trying to compare Star Wars to Debbie Does Dallas. While one isn't realistic it's held in high regard while the other one is pornography.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:18 pm

We'll take the penis bump out of this. Tho I will say if I can get paid to flip people with my dick, I'd be pretty happy.
But back to comedy and pro wrestling. I agree with Snoopz that wrestling doesn't need it but it is nice to know it is there. Pro wrestling is closer to theater than it is armature wrestling. It is a performance art that has many ways to get some enjoyment out of people. It's ok for a comedy to never wanna do comedy. That's their thing, they have an image of wanting to be serious. But if a company wants to look like a comic book come to life then they have ever right to be. The two companies are both still pro wrestling, but just different styles of it. One more serious than the other. And if a comedy like the WWE wants a mix of everything, then go ahead. Comedy belongs I. Wrestling. Getting offended by it imo is silly, because the idea of wrestling is silly to begin with. If you want to stick to the serious sports aspects of it go right ahead. I enjoy Njpw for doing that. But I also enjoy the comic book style of chikara and the sci-finess of lucha underground. If you don't like that stuff you have the right to, just don't be all snobby and look down upon it. It's just wrestling

____________________
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 19969
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Suzuki-Gun wrote:
We'll take the penis bump out of this. Tho I will say if I can get paid to flip people with my dick, I'd be pretty happy.
Yeah I'm sure Ryan's happy he could make money doing that because he couldn't do it with his promos or his in ring work.

This was a guy who worked in both Ring of Honor and Impact Wrestling and went nowhere after that. Who else can you say that about that's good? People gave him a chance when he was in TNA and he floundered. I'm not saying it's 100% his fault but like a lot of people who were used badly in TNA he could have went somewhere else and actually shown people what he was made of. There wasn't much there so he decided to make himself a freak show. While that's great for him I think it's terrible for wrestling. And I don't blame him at all. It's really the fault of these outlaw promoters that decide they want the pop for the penis bump.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 19969
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:00 pm

This is to your other point. I'm not offended by comedy in wrestling. I'm not like Cornette who's made all his money from pro wrestling. I have to much going on in my real life to get made at pro wrestling. The last time I got mad was when I spent money on an Impact PPV and was given a BS finish.

All I'm doing is giving my opinion and backing them up with facts. This is a pro wrestling discussion board so that's what I'm going to do.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:08 pm

Facts of what a armature wrestling event numbers? Apples and oranges dude.

Not mad yet you seem to get really salty when Joey Ryan's name is brought up

____________________
Back to top Go down
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:09 pm

Outlaw promoters the hell does that mean? Funny

____________________
Back to top Go down
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:13 pm

Joey not getting book by bigger promoters o think is because he isn't easy to work with. Dude is good in the ring but a bit of a hot head.

____________________
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 19969
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:26 pm

Suzuki-Gun wrote:
Facts of what a armature wrestling event numbers? Apples and oranges dude.

Not mad yet you seem to get really salty when Joey Ryan's name is brought up
NCAA Championship did nearly 20,000 people in in Cleveland.

https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/snyder-wins-ncaa-championship-front-record-breaking-crowd-253771

As much as I love Ring of Honor they have yet to do an event with a quarter that crowd. Their record number for this upcoming WrestleMania weekend is 3,500.

And I'm not mad about Joey Ryan. It's like when you talk about bad movies and someone always brings up Plan 9 From Outer Space or The Room. They're examples everyone would know about. Joey Ryan's penis thing wasn't only a big deal on this forum but legitimately went viral. Why should I use a different example?

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 19969
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Suzuki-Gun wrote:
Outlaw promoters the hell does that mean? Funny
I'm using to describe promoters who do promote wrestling but don't know what their doing or do the equivalent of mud shows today.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 19969
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Suzuki-Gun wrote:
Joey not getting book by bigger promoters o think is because he isn't easy to work with. Dude is good in the ring but a bit of a hot head.
So are Austin Aries and Davey Richards but they don't have the same problem as getting onto national television products.

And I'll say before I thought Joey Ryan had a cool gimmick but never inspired me to want to see anything he did with his promos and was just okay in the ring. There were worse people who were in TNA the same time as him that got a better push then him for some reason. Maybe he was just his own worse enemy. But if that's true that's his own fault. He's not good enough to be a pain in a butt. The fact is he doesn't draw money so why put up with something like that if it's true?

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Please why in the name of God what does ncca wrestling have to do with pro wrestling. Totally different beasts

____________________
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 19969
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:38 pm

Suzuki-Gun wrote:
Please why in the name of God what does ncca wrestling have to do with pro wrestling. Totally different beasts
You gotta be trolling me here.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:40 pm

You keep bringing up the numbers of ncaa drew compared to pro wrestling. Saying look at the numbers they drew, they didn't need gimmick. Yeah no shit Sherlock, that is a actual sport.

____________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Comedy and Wrestling   

Back to top Go down
 

Comedy and Wrestling

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Billy Connolly:modern comics "killing stand-up comedy
» Request Wrestling Banner
» DemocRAT DC Comedy.....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: The Squared Circle :: Pro Wrestling Universe + Wrestling Media-