HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

In the long run, who is going to replace Tanahashi?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
Yes
Yes

PostSubject: In the long run, who is going to replace Tanahashi?   Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:23 am

The four top heavyweights are set in stone for the time being (Okada, Naito, Omega, Tana) but Tanahashi has started regressing and will be moved out of the main event scene for good in a short while. As the premiere ultimate New Japan babyface, Tana will leave BIG shoes to fill.

The guy best equipped to take his spot would be Kota Ibushi, but Ibushi isn't far from his regression period either - and probably wouldn't accept a full-time position with New Japan even if it was Tana's old spot.

Kenny, if the rumored Bullet Club split goes as we think, could take the spot.

Is SANADA the guy being groomed for the spot? It sure seems that way to me. He's busting out the MUTA moonsault despite his heel alignment. He is very handsome like Tanahashi, which will help.

Outside of those two, I don't see anyone could take that #1 true babyface spot. What do you guys think?

Back to top Go down
Gobba-Gulak
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf

PostSubject: Re: In the long run, who is going to replace Tanahashi?   Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:54 am

hasn't Okada basically taken that spot as the true top babyface tho? Since his time being THE guy NJPW has generated tons of money.

There next break out will probably be Sanada, Kenny if BC and Elite split will probably be the main focus in NJPW's US Branch.

on a different note tho a person I wanna see be the next IWGP Heavyweight champion out of everyone is Suzuki. As cruel and evil as he is, a Heavyweight title reign out of Suzuki would be interesting. Yeah he's old but Suzuki is still a badass.

PostSubject: Re: In the long run, who is going to replace Tanahashi?   Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:38 pm

I don't see Sanada playing Tanahashi's part. He doesn't seem like he'd play a happy smiling babyface very well. If anyone moves there, it's Okada, and Sanada/Ibushi/even EVIL would take the #4 spot
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: In the long run, who is going to replace Tanahashi?   Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:04 pm

I think SANADA would be a great choice.

Yes
Yes

PostSubject: Re: In the long run, who is going to replace Tanahashi?   Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:05 am

I think SANADA would be great as a smiling babyface. Funny

Back to top Go down

In the long run, who is going to replace Tanahashi?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1