HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy Empty
PostSubject: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Why doesn't he ever get to Brock or Goldberg people?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 12:19 am

They want him to be the top guy, but they want to make sure he isn't too big. At this point I think WWE doesn't want any of the full time talent to really be top tier guys, or at least Vince because he is scared that will become too big and leave for hollywood or something; IE Rock and Now Cena. So they have these part timers be the top tier guys.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 12:29 am

Dude has been in the main-event in like 3 straight WrestleMania's and has beaten some of the biggest stars in wrestling and will probably do so next year, so idk what Bull is talking about. I mean, how much vindication do you need to see? Indifferent

And it's good for wrestling when guys transition to do bigger things, so I don't see why going to Hollywood is an issue
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 12:44 am

WWE should try doing with Reigns what NJPW did w/ Naito
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 1:18 am

He'd get booed out of the building like Cena. Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com

PostSubject: Re: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 1:24 am

Drächen Fx wrote:
Dude has been in the main-event in like 3 straight WrestleMania's and has beaten some of the biggest stars in wrestling and will probably do so next year, so idk what Bull is talking about. I mean, how much vindication do you need to see? Indifferent

And it's good for wrestling when guys transition to do bigger things, so I don't see why going to Hollywood is an issue

I mean compare him to Cena, Rock, Austin and other past top tier guys. Reigns is the top of the full time roster yes, but at the same time he doesn't like he is being presented as they were. He's being present better than most of today's roster yes but to me they really aren't going out of their way to make him feel like a bigger deal. Maybe it'a just the lazy writing and it isn't doing him any favors. Also the fact a lot of wrestling fans have so much hate for him (a lot of it blind hate but whatever). But I feel is they want to make sure no one is bigger than the brand.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 1:47 am

Jeff Jarrett wrote:

Maybe it'a just the lazy writing and it isn't doing him any favors. .
This is what's holding WWE back. I'd think that they'd like to have their next Cena, Rock, or Austin but just can't because of terrible booking. A lot of people were complaining about Lavar Ball being on the show a couple weeks ago but he was probably a bigger draw than any full-time performer on the roster LMAO

Last edited by Drächen Fx on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 1:48 am

I don't quite understand the question.

Do you mean, like, why doesn't he beat Brock or Goldberg-style people, as in guys who are made to look unstoppable? Or why doesn't he do what they do (being made to look unstoppable)? Or some other thing?

If it's the former, he may be doing that at SummerSlam this year. There was also Undertaker, who's been pretty much unstoppable for years, bar the matches with Lesnar. I think WWE also likes giving him wins that big at WrestleMania, like the one with Taker and his match with Triple H.

If it's the latter, it's because WWE wants him to be the next Cena. The huge babyface (although, attempting murder because he lost isn't very babyface) that gets beaten down, but comes out on top. He has to look vulnerable at times, otherwise there's no odds for him to overcome.

I feel sorry for the guy, though. He's really good, but WWE's continuing to ruin him and force fans to hate him more and more by, ironically, keeping him a face. I have no doubt he would make an amazing heel. Some of the things he's done or said, and the way he's done or said them, have been very heelish and, if he was actually meant to be a heel, would've been great, like the attack on Braun at Great Balls of Fire. I remember a promo a bit back with a few people, including Roman and AJ Styles. Roman was such a condescending prick in that, acting like AJ wasn't worth being in his ring. That's sorta like what they were doing with Baron Corbin, except Roman's actually really good at it and doesn't sound like a generic WWE video game CAW voice. He could be one of the best piece of shit heels they've seen in a long time. Like, a pretentious fuck who thinks he's above everyone else because he's got wrestling in his family and he's Vince's golden boy, constantly shitting on internet darlings and the like, but also, a massive egomaniacal sore loser who pulls some horrible shit (again, like attempting to murder Braun) when he thinks people look at him as weak for any reason.

I feel like he could really pull that off well, but instead, he's continuing to do dickish/downright horrible things, but be portrayed as the biggest hero in WWE. It makes no sense. He's had so many opportunities to legitimately turn heel (especially following Great Balls of Fire and after retiring Taker), but they just won't do it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg

PostSubject: Re: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 1:57 am

in his defense of almost murdering Braun. Hasn't Braun been trying to do that to him for months?

also

Austin did some really nasty shit but still a face (People say he is a tweener, but really he is a face who doesn't give a fuck)

Shane tried to kill Kane as a face
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 2:00 am

Giggity Gopher wrote:
(although, attempting murder because he lost isn't very babyface)
Yes it is... this is how all the babyfaces got over during the Attitude Era Einstein
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com

PostSubject: Re: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 2:01 am

but I do agree that Roman as a heel would be way better and in the long run could make him a better babyface
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 2:03 am

Braun's beaten the shit out of him, but I don't think anything he's done has been quite attempted murder before, like this clearly was. Plus, the way it went down felt like Roman was just really pissed that he lost.

Shane did attempt to kill Kane as a face, but Kane also actually tried to murder him, too. Not to mention fucking his mom up. And Shane wasn't meant to be portrayed like the ultimate babyface hero to the kids, like Roman is.

As for Stone Cold, there's been some shit he's done that I don't agree with for a face, but that was also in a different era of wrestling. Like, if a face man in WWE nowadays were to hit a face woman with his finisher for no reason at all, people probably wouldn't cheer that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg

PostSubject: Re: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 2:11 am

what I love to see is Reigns and the Usos being a heel stable. Blood line or whatever they wanna call themselves. Roman in a suit and sunglasses, hair in a ponytail with the WWE Title over his shoulder would be badass. Maybe months down the line, like after the Usos lose the tag team titles and fail to regain them, Roman kicks them out of the family...not just the stable but the family. Follow by having Tama Tonga and Tanga Roa jumping out of the crowd to beat the shit out of the Usos, replacing them in the stable.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 2:41 am

Giggity Gopher wrote:
If it's the latter, it's because WWE wants him to be the next Cena. The huge babyface (although, attempting murder because he lost isn't very babyface) that gets beaten down, but comes out on top. He has to look vulnerable at times, otherwise there's no odds for him to overcome.
This was what I was talking about though I'm glad we're having a broader discussion.

When I think of who had the most hype with casual fans the past year it's been Brock and Goldberg. I don't think he should be taking out top guys in 3 minutes but there was a time when Magnum TA would have 30 second matches every week. Just like what WCW did with Goldberg over a decade later. People like guys that win and guys that dominate.

And they do just like guys that win. Didn't Roman lose at the pay per view? I don't understand the logic of having him lose. It seemed like they tried to protect him post match but I don't think that did him any favors.

I think Bull hit the nail on the head though. Vince doesn't want someone getting too big. He'd rather have WWE as a brand get over than wrestlers themselves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy   If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy Empty

Back to top Go down

If Roman Reigns is supposed to be the next top guy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1