NFL Draft - What I've Heard

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 12:51 pm

Oh, and those teams probably passed on taking a QB in the first 3 rounds because this draft was considered a "bad QB class." It's the same reason why teams who have bad OLines passed on taking OLineman because it was a "bad OLine class" also. clown
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Drächen Fx wrote:
Yeah, because the Packers didn't choose to pick Aaron Rodgers when he fell to them because Favre was threatening to retire. clown

You're silly clown
Silly Ian, QB's are for experts. clown

Leave the QB talk to the people who know what they're talking about. Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Bad Hombre wrote:
On a side note, Burdur thinks Trubisky is good so poor Bears. CJ
Like this right here. Einstein
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 11:02 am

All My Children wrote:
Drächen Fx wrote:
Yeah, because the Packers didn't choose to pick Aaron Rodgers when he fell to them because Favre was threatening to retire. clown

You're silly clown
Silly Ian, QB's are for experts. clown

Leave the QB talk to the people who know what they're talking about. Thirsty Mofos
clown
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 5:20 pm

Brett Favre in 2003 on retirement rumors "I can't even remember how the whole retirement thing started, but whoever started it needs to be shot." (The last public comment he made about retirement until after Rodgers was drafted)

In 2005, after they had already drafted Rodgers (and went 4-12 that year, by the way, because teams trying to win don't pick QBs in the first round when they already have one.) "At 0-3, I think most people would say 'Oh, he's gone after this year, or they won't even want him back.'...I don't even think about when that time might come."

Brett Favre didn't publicly say anything about retirement other than "NO!!!" until two years after Rodgers was picked.

I agree with Burdur. Let people who know what they're talking about handle the discussion. You two can get out.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 5:56 pm

"Favre said repeatedly after the 2005 season ended that he wasn't sure if he would come back to play a 16th season, saying he wasn't sure if he wanted to be part of what he saw as a possible long-term rebuilding effort.

He also claimed he wasn't sure if the team wanted him and his hefty salary to be a part of that effort. He hinted that the team's moves in free agency would play a role in his decision to come back. Favre also questioned his own motivation to continue playing."

The guy even had a fake retirement press conference. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 6:08 pm

See, the thing you're all forgetting is

Tom Brady is the best quarterback. (happy)

Wait, what's this discussion about, again?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 6:11 pm

Drächen Fx wrote:
"Favre said repeatedly after the 2005 season ended that he wasn't sure if he would come back to play a 16th season, saying he wasn't sure if he wanted to be part of what he saw as a possible long-term rebuilding effort.

He also claimed he wasn't sure if the team wanted him and his hefty salary to be a part of that effort. He hinted that the team's moves in free agency would play a role in his decision to come back. Favre also questioned his own motivation to continue playing."

The guy even had a fake retirement press conference. Rolling Eyes

The 2005 season, the year after they drafted Aaron Rodgers and went 4-12? Gee, I wonder why he thought the team wouldn't want him. Bruh......
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 6:13 pm

Eeyen wrote:
Brett Favre in 2003 on retirement rumors "I can't even remember how the whole retirement thing started, but whoever started it needs to be shot." (The last public comment he made about retirement until after Rodgers was drafted)

In 2005, after they had already drafted Rodgers (and went 4-12 that year, by the way, because teams trying to win don't pick QBs in the first round when they already have one.) "At 0-3, I think most people would say 'Oh, he's gone after this year, or they won't even want him back.'...I don't even think about when that time might come."

Brett Favre didn't publicly say anything about retirement other than "NO!!!" until two years after Rodgers was picked.

I agree with Burdur. Let people who know what they're talking about handle the discussion. You two can get out.
You're taking Favre's word like this isn't the same dude who "retired" and then played for the Jets like two days later clown
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 6:33 pm

ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:40 pm

You're taking Skip Bayless type media making up news stories for ratings as evidence and it's your only evidence. You've resorted to citing stuff from four years after the fact. Fact is, there is no legitimate reason to believe Favre ever considered retirement before 2005 was over, a year after they took Rodgers.

Just take your L.

I wish I had a time machine to cite evidence from 2020 why the Cardinals didn't pick a QB in 2017 and despite it not making any sense having the confidence to suggest it did anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 8:20 pm

Making up? clown

I've cited multiple people and websites, you are the one posting Twitter rumors on here. Unless you've gotten information personally from someone close to that organization, you don't have any evidence (and neither do I), man. It's all speculation. Funny

Gonna start calling you fake news Ian clown
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 8:42 pm

You didn't cite anything from before Aaron Rodgers was drafted and now you're trying to change the argument to avoid taking the L. Take it. You've earned 12, just like the Packers after picking a first round QB when they had one on the team that wasn't even considering retirement.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyTue May 09, 2017 6:21 pm

"Just take your L" - Ian 2017

I love it. Oh the DRAMA
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 EmptyTue May 09, 2017 6:32 pm

Eeyen wrote:
ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   NFL Draft - What I've Heard - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

NFL Draft - What I've Heard

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4