NFL Draft - What I've Heard

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:19 pm

Drächen Fx wrote:
Mahomes was chosen before Watson and was probably going to either Arizona or New Orleans before KC traded up. I think Houston was really the only team that coveted Watson. He had a 2nd round grade to many
Annnnnnnd another one...
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:15 am

The Browns could have shat the bed and drafted Trubisky, so props to them.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
Yes
Yes

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:17 am

I've heard the Saints, Browns, and Giants all had Mahomes as QB1 and were prepared to take him in the first. I don't know about the Cardinals, I never really thought they were going QB.

Back to top Go down
Eeyen
Yes
Yes

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:17 am

The Lions draft is sooooooooooo bad I'm still TJ on Sundays-ing

Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:21 pm

I want to see you rant about all the picks tbh
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
Yes
Yes

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:31 pm

I'll give my thoughts on every Lions pick after the draft Thirsty Mofos

Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:49 am

I liked Seattle's Day 2, they filled positions in need and depth in key positions. We finally have a pass rushing 3 technique in Malik McDowell, Pocic is a versatile guy who will help the Seahawks in the offensive line, Shaquill Griffin looks like he has a lot of potential, fits the mold of a Seattle corner, has great change of direction. Delano Hill, is a good box safety, good backup to Kam just incase he goes down. Nazair Jones is a good option as a run defender in the Interior D-Line rotation. I haven't seen much on Darboh, maybe Ian can tell me about him.

Day 3 was unclear. Besides the Tedric Thompson selection, which I LOVED, I don't know much about the other guys. So we now have Seattle type backup Safeties, just incase one of Kam or Earl were to go down. I love the fact that we took advantage of a great Safety draft.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
Yes
Yes

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:47 am

My take on the Lions picks:

1.21 - LB Jarrad Davis

He'll start at Will as a rookie and will be asked to transition into the Mike role as his career moves forward. He's Jerod lite-Mayo. I don't love the pick. I think taking a guy who only projects to be marginally above the caliber of linebacker that signs one-year-deals in free agency at bargain-bin prices is a bad way to draft, but for continuity and roster-building it's a fine pick.

He's touted for his leadership and his football intelligence but I don't think that's always on tape. Against Alabama, he takes missteps in his run fits and is often out of position.

Grade: C+

2.21 - CB Teez Tabor

People say he plays faster on tape. Bullshit. Every millisecond of his 40-yard dash is there on tape. That doesn't mean he can't play. The Lions want their field-corner to play off-man and Tabor did that very well at Florida. He's got great feet, great instincts, and his ten-yard split shows his ability to run in short-spaces as above average. When he doesn't have help over the top, Tabor recognizes he can't take as many chances as plays passively in coverage to make sure no one gets over the top. He doesn't have recovery speed but he's got powerful hands if he can get back to disrupt the ball.

I'm not sure the Lions can activate him as a rookie. His snaps at punt gunner in college were awful, and the learning curve at corner is steep. His likely role is as a reserve behind Nevin Lawson as the field corner in the nickel. I don't think he'll be activated unless someone gets hurt. Johnson Bademosi and Jamal Agnew will more likely be assets as activated players until the injury eventuality. I've seen people throw around Asante Samuel as a comparison but I think that's awfully rich. Samuel was much faster.

Grade: D+

3.21 - WR Kenny Golladay

He'll be the back-up to Marvin Jones at the WR-Z position. He does everything Jim Bob Cooter asks of his Z Receivers. People are talking about route-running and his limited route tree but Cooter only asks for about four or five routes from that position, all of which Golladay did well in college. I think Marvin Jones will probably be asked to learn WR-X so that Golden Tate can kick into the slot on three receiver formations.

In terms of upside, this kid has it in leaps and bounds. He's a good subtle hand-fighter to position smaller corners where he wants them on fly routes. His low-drop rate will endear him to the Lions. At 6'4 he has legitimate 4.5 flat speed and will win on the outside. I think he's going to be an early contributor.

4.18 - LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin

He's a starting caliber linebacker that has been hurt the last two years. If he can get healthy, which is a big if, he'll project to be a starter heading into 2018 at Will. As it stands now, he should be an asset on Special Teams and he can play Mike or Will as a reserve.

Grade: B-

4.21 - TE Michael Roberts

He's a long-term compliment to Eric Ebron. He's a massive man and a mediocre blocker, but he has the tools and desire to develop there. He'll wait behind Darren Fells as the go-to TE2 but he'll be used in subpackages, especially in the red zone. He's got great hands and can win balls in the air. He projects as a high-end TE2 for teams that run a lot of 12 personnel.

Grade: B+

5.21 - CB Jamal Agnew

I was flabbergasted with this pick. He projects to win the return duties for the Lions, and if he does he almost certainly relegates Teez Tabor to inactive status should he fail to win a starting position. Agnew has all the tools that Teryl Austin looks for in a field-corner and is probably more likely to be an asset on defense in the future, but I think that says more about Tabor than it does about Agnew.

6.21 - DL Jeremiah Ledbetter

He'll compete as an anchor end with Anthony Zettel and for the fifth defensive tackle position currently occupied by Jordan Hill where the Lions are looking for a one-down pass rusher at 3-Technique. Ledbetter's best snaps in college were as a 3-Technique but I wouldn't be surprised if he gave Anthony Zettel a run for his money at end. If both make the roster it would give the Lions the most roster versatility.

6.31 - QB Brad Kaaya

He's better than Jake Rudock on day 1. I think he has starter traits, but at the very least he has high-end back-up traits. He's more equipped to take meaningful snaps for the Lions should Matthew Stafford go down. Unfortunately, I think this means the Lions will have to roster three Quarterbacks.

7.32 - DL Pat O'Connor

He'll compete with Ledbetter, Hill, and Zettel for two roster spots. I think he'll likely end up on the practice squad for the Lions. He didn't get great coaching at Eastern Michigan but he produced like a guy who deserves a look.

---

UDFA - Tion Green | RB | Cincinnati

He's a one-down short-yardage guy. I think he's better than Dwayne Washington, but most people are. He's a practice-squad type guy. If he can turn into a special teams asset, he'll have a shot to be rostered at some point.

UDFA - Michael Rector | WR | Stanford

Probably a practice squad type. He's a vertical threat and a special teams guy.

UDFA - Noel Thomas | WR | UCONN

Some thought he was draftable. He's got a really decent chance to make the Lions roster even if they sign Anquan Boldin before the season begins. If Boldin doesn't sign, TJ Jones, Keyshawn Martin, Jered Abbrederis, and Jace Billingsley are the guys he'll compete with for two or three roster spots.

UDFA - Dontez Ford | WR | Pittsburgh

Mostly a special teams guy at Pittsburgh. He's just a camp body.

UDFA - Robert Tonyan Jr | ATH | Indiana State

He's something between a WR and a TE right now. If Anquan Boldin doesn't re-sign and Jim Bob Cooter wants to continue using the H-Back position like he did last year, Tonyan's shot to make the roster shoots up. He was a Quarterback in college, but he's 6'5, 220, and turning heads in training. I think he could start the year on the practice squad but someone will want to roster him before too long to protect their investment.

UDFA - Brandon Barnes | TE | Alabama State

He has huge upside but doesn't offer much as a talent right now. The Lions roster four tight ends, and three spots are spoken for with Ebron, Fells, and Roberts. They have Khari Lee and Cole Wick competing for the forth spot, but Barnes has the best frame and projects to be the best blocker of the three. I think they'll try to stash Barnes on the practice squad.

UDFA - Storm Norton | OT | Toledo

I think he's a very good bet to make the Lions roster. Corey Robinson is the OT4 for the Lions right now but he spent most of last season hurt and ineffective. Norton is a monster at 6'8 and has elite measured athleticism for his size. With Cornelius Lucas ahead of him as the Swing Tackle, OT4 can be used for a developmental spot. Norton could be groomed to take over for Ricky Wagner in a few years.

UDFA - Leo Koloamatangi | OL | Hawaii

PFF says he's one of the best pass protectors in the country, but the Lions don't have a roster spot unless they trade Laken Tomlinson. He needs to develop functional strength before someone would want him to take active snaps.

UDFA - Jeremiah Valoaga | DE | UNLV

Has tools to develop but he's so far behind he's very unlikely to ever turn into a productive pro.

UDFA - Alex Barnett | DE | San Diego State

Can compete as a 1-down pass rusher with Armonty Bryant, but is unlikely to be a significant challenger.

UDFA - Maurice Swain Jr | DT | Auburn

I don't know anything about him. He's a camp body.

UDFA - Nick James | DT | Mississippi State

UDFA - Josh Thornton | DB | Southern Utah

UDFA - Des Lawrence | DB | North Carolina

He'll have a shot if he can play Free Safety, but he'll need to do well on special teams in the preseason.

Back to top Go down
Eeyen
Yes
Yes

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:51 am

Darboh is a WR-X. He's a good route runner and blocker. You can roster him for a long time. He's probably the kind of guy you want as a WR-3 so you can kick your starting X into the slot.

Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Man, the UDFA's the Jags signed might be better than all the guys that they drafted in day 3 Bruh......
Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Mon May 01, 2017 12:35 am

Sounds like Darboh can be pretty helpful then, we got Doug and Tyler who are very good in the slot.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Mon May 01, 2017 2:47 pm

Eeyen wrote:
I've heard the Saints, Browns, and Giants all had Mahomes as QB1 and were prepared to take him in the first. I don't know about the Cardinals, I never really thought they were going QB.
Adam Schefter is reporting that the Cardinals were taking QB had "the draft fallen the right way" -- so Mahomes.
Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Mon May 01, 2017 5:05 pm

If he turns out bad, a lot of teams would have dodged a bullet.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
Yes
Yes

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Tue May 02, 2017 6:38 pm

Drächen Fx wrote:
Eeyen wrote:
Adam Schefter is reporting that the Cardinals were taking QB had "the draft fallen the right way" -- so Mahomes.

Adam Schefter is still trying to convince people the Browns wanted Trubisky so IDK if that's something we can take as a fact.

Back to top Go down
Dead
Bullet Club
Bullet Club

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Tue May 02, 2017 7:04 pm

The Browns wanted Garoppolo in the worst way and the Pats told them no, so who knows what they really wanted.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Tue May 02, 2017 7:17 pm

Eeyen wrote:
Drächen Fx wrote:
Eeyen wrote:

Adam Schefter is still trying to convince people the Browns wanted Trubisky so IDK if that's something we can take as a fact.
I trust his sources more than the people who were trying to convince everyone that the Jags wanted Watson at 4.

And, I mean, it's totally logical to believe that the Cardinals wanted to grab a QB that they liked in this draft to sit behind Palmer for at least a year instead of playing right away. This is likely Palmers last year and it's also likely they won't be picking this high again next year unless they plan on trading up to grab a guy they reallllllllllly like, which I doubt they'll get because there are probably gonna be 5-6 teams in front of them next year who are drafting a QB.
Back to top Go down
McClown Town
Icon

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Tue May 02, 2017 10:55 pm

The Jets being one of them CJ

Yes
Yes

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Wed May 03, 2017 12:00 am

Drächen Fx wrote:
Eeyen wrote:
Drächen Fx wrote:
Eeyen wrote:

I trust his sources more than the people who were trying to convince everyone that the Jags wanted Watson at 4.

And, I mean, it's totally logical to believe that the Cardinals wanted to grab a QB that they liked in this draft to sit behind Palmer for at least a year instead of playing right away. This is likely Palmers last year and it's also likely they won't be picking this high again next year unless they plan on trading up to grab a guy they reallllllllllly like, which I doubt they'll get because there are probably gonna be 5-6 teams in front of them next year who are drafting a QB.

All of what I posted didn't come from one person. Funny

I know beat writers for the Browns that get actually paid to cover the team that told me Trubisky was not their top QB. Now, might the owner have wanted him? Sure. But I don't think the "team" did.

and I don't agree about that at all. It's a win now team that didn't make the playoffs. If they're wasting first round picks on guys that aren't going to play, why did Carson and Larry come back? If they picked a QB Larry should have retired on the spot because they wouldn't have been trying to win.

Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Wed May 03, 2017 12:17 am

Eeyen wrote:
I know beat writers for the Browns that get actually paid to cover the team that told me Trubisky was not their top QB. Now, might the owner have wanted him? Sure. But I don't think the "team" did.
Like Dead said, no one one knows what this team is trying to do. hoyer

And several beat writers affiliated with that team said that Trubisky would be the #1 pick several days before the draft. Funny

Eeyen wrote:
and I don't agree about that at all. It's a win now team that didn't make the playoffs. If they're wasting first round picks on guys that aren't going to play, why did Carson and Larry come back? If they picked a QB Larry should have retired on the spot because they wouldn't have been trying to win.
Then why were "win now" teams like New Orleans & New York interested then? Why did KC trade up to take him if he's not going to play? Are they not trying to win?
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
Yes
Yes

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Wed May 03, 2017 6:21 am

New Orleans isn't a "win now" team. Drew Brees didn't threaten to retire and get talked into coming back for one more year like Palmer and Fitzgerald.

Bob McAdoo publicly blamed the season's failures on Eli Manning. It's pretty obvious why they were in the market.

And no, the Chiefs were not "trying to win." You don't win now by using your first round pick on people who aren't going to play.

Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Wed May 03, 2017 10:25 am

Ian clown
Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Wed May 03, 2017 5:29 pm

On a side note, Burdur thinks Trubisky is good so poor Bears. CJ
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
Yes
Yes

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Thu May 04, 2017 3:51 am

Draft shows all the evidence I need. The two teams with the QBs threatening to retire didn't pick a QB in first three rounds. Ignoring that is just silly.

Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft - What I've Heard   Thu May 04, 2017 11:58 am

Yeah, because the Packers didn't choose to pick Aaron Rodgers when he fell to them because Favre was threatening to retire. clown

You're silly clown

Back to top Go down

NFL Draft - What I've Heard

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next