HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will The New 'Friday The 13th' Be Found Footage? It's Not Certain... Yet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Will The New 'Friday The 13th' Be Found Footage? It's Not Certain... Yet Empty
PostSubject: Will The New 'Friday The 13th' Be Found Footage? It's Not Certain... Yet   Will The New 'Friday The 13th' Be Found Footage? It's Not Certain... Yet EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:51 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3257208/will-the-new-friday-the-13th-be-found-footage-its-not-certain-yet/

Back in June we reported that Platinum Dunes, the production company behind the 2009 remake, is partnering with Paramount for a followup to their version Friday The 13th.

While Sean S. Cunningham reported last month that the follow-up would not be a direct sequel to the remake (an installment I personally really like), there’s a lot of talk today on the web about the potential for this installment to be found footage. We’ve been hearing rumblings about this here at BD for a while, from multiple sources at different times. And while it’s true that the idea is being considered… nothing is written in stone. It’s all talk right now. And since it’s all talk… perhaps the conversation will change?

Hey, I understand the impulse – it’s a good way to make a movie that will have a great return on investment. Low budget, brand name, do the math. Personally, as a fan, I don’t feel this is the right way to go. Friday The 13th 2009 still made money with a $91 Million worldwide gross and subsequent Blu-ray/DVD sales on a (reported) $19 Million budget (though I hear it could have been closer to 30).

Personally, I feel like traditional photography is the only way to go on these things. Half the reason I go to an F13 is for that nostalgic kick of seeing teens killed in an idyllic, peaceful setting. That all goes away with POV. My two cents would be to suggest making the thing at a safe budget of $10-$15 million and really knocking it out of the park by giving the fans what they want. And I’m not sure the fans want this.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Will The New 'Friday The 13th' Be Found Footage? It's Not Certain... Yet   Will The New 'Friday The 13th' Be Found Footage? It's Not Certain... Yet EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Not sure about this but I'm ready for the next Friday the 13th regardless of what they do. For some reason most people dislike these kind of horror series now but those are still my shit (as far as horror movies go). Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, etc... keep them coming. walk

PostSubject: Re: Will The New 'Friday The 13th' Be Found Footage? It's Not Certain... Yet   Will The New 'Friday The 13th' Be Found Footage? It's Not Certain... Yet EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:42 am

I'd watch it. I love Found Footage movies. So this would be an interesting take.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will The New 'Friday The 13th' Be Found Footage? It's Not Certain... Yet   Will The New 'Friday The 13th' Be Found Footage? It's Not Certain... Yet Empty

Back to top Go down

Will The New 'Friday The 13th' Be Found Footage? It's Not Certain... Yet

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1