HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should commentary be optional or affect the match?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Commentary
Entertainment
Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap40%Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
Optional
Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap60%Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should commentary be optional or affect the match?   Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 2:54 pm

^ Agreed with that all the way. Like I said, my thing isn't that "I'm going to count it as relevant", my thing right now is that I don't want to HAVE to completely ignore the fact that I like reading it. For example, some people have really good commentary and it makes their match a lot more entertaining for me to read, isn't that what entertainment is anyway? So I don't like the idea that I PURPOSELY have to IGNORE the fact that someone wrote good commentary. For example, TJ's commentary this show was amazing, the fact that I had to completely 100% exclude it in my grading sucked. Not saying he would have WON cause of it, but it would have been neat to not have to ignore it in my grading.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should commentary be optional or affect the match?   Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:17 pm

Batman wrote:
So I don't like the idea that I PURPOSELY have to IGNORE the fact that someone wrote good commentary. For example, TJ's commentary this show was amazing, the fact that I had to completely 100% exclude it in my grading sucked. Not saying he would have WON cause of it, but it would have been neat to not have to ignore it in my grading.
Then why do you ignore it? If it is optional, then shouldn't you be mandated to include it if someone chooses to write it? It can add or subtract from a match if it is chosen to be written and thus it affects the grade, to have to forcefully choose to exclude it from grading in this scenario could be detrimental to a poster.

Honestly there are three options I see....1) Keep system as is, if someone chooses to write commentary it gets added into THEIR match view no matter if their opponent writes it out or not since it is optional after all. 2) Drop commentary mandates period. This will make it to where it is just the better match writer and no commentary can be counted. 3) Make commentary mandatory.

Of the three, either two or three are optimal as the first could work but become too convoluted in the long haul.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Should commentary be optional or affect the match?   Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:32 pm

You totally misunderstood. I meant I'm not allowed to include it in my grading. Like, I have to pretend I didn't enjoy reading it.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should commentary be optional or affect the match?   Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:43 pm

So let me get this right, if person A chooses to write commentary but person B chooses not to, than person A gets graded on everything BUT his commentary while person B gets graded on everything since he chose not to write commentary?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Should commentary be optional or affect the match?   Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 4:00 pm

Not exactly.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: Should commentary be optional or affect the match?   Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 4:44 pm

Most of my commentary is just random shit just to avoid not having commentary.  Every once in a while I have a cool little interaction, but overall commentary is usually one of the things I just find to be a chore.  It's been that way since before categories were taken away as well.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Should commentary be optional or affect the match?   Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Every time Razor is promoted he always tries complicating things. We're fine the way we are.
Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Should commentary be optional or affect the match?   Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 4:57 pm

omg I'm ten post away from 900 YO

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Should commentary be optional or affect the match?   Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 5:38 pm

^^ I was actually asked to change it by TJ and Myke, so I decided to have a poll to see what people felt, since I agreed with them. So Get The Fuck Out faggot. I aint bothered

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Should commentary be optional or affect the match?   Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 5:52 pm

Really? Cause they don't seem to be pushing for it as much as you are... Fag.

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Should commentary be optional or affect the match?   Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:16 pm

Because I'm the damn GM and I want ideas Mad as hell

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Should commentary be optional or affect the match?   Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Uh huh I aint bothered

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should commentary be optional or affect the match?   Should commentary be optional or affect the match? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Should commentary be optional or affect the match?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2