HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conor McGregor Retires

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Conor McGregor Retires Empty
PostSubject: Conor McGregor Retires   Conor McGregor Retires EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 12:25 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor Retires   Conor McGregor Retires EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 12:37 am

Someone tell Triple H to sign this guy up Box in the jaw
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor Retires   Conor McGregor Retires EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 12:39 am

I'm listening to Wrestling Observer's break news audio on this.

Dave and Bryan are saying this is over money for Conor's UFC 200 fight.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor Retires   Conor McGregor Retires EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 12:52 am

LOL What a bitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor Retires   Conor McGregor Retires EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 11:57 am

I think this is all bullshit tbh
If he was going to retire he'd have more respect than to tell his fans through such a shitty tweet
He's a champion he will fight another day
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor Retires   Conor McGregor Retires EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 12:31 pm

Damn this is cause Nate Diaz beat his ass. Mexicans really do take people's jobs. Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor Retires   Conor McGregor Retires EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 1:24 pm

THEY TOOK HIS JOB Big Show Swag
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor Retires   Conor McGregor Retires EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 2:09 pm

He trying to get more money from UFC. And he should.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor Retires   Conor McGregor Retires EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 4:27 pm

http://www.f4wonline.com/ufc-news/white-mcgregor-its-not-money-issue%C2%A0-thats-false-211391

The Featherweight Title might get vacated soon nervous
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor Retires   Conor McGregor Retires EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:04 pm

All of this because they couldn't move the promo work 2 weeks face palm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor Retires   Conor McGregor Retires EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 1:15 pm

Conor McGregor says he has "not retired" and is still available for UFC 200 if the organisers will allow him a reduced promotion schedule.

He released a statement on his Facebook page, saying: "I am still ready to go for UFC 200."

The 27-year-old tweeted on Tuesday that he had retired and the following day UFC boss Dana White said the Dubliner had been pulled from the card for refusing to fulfil media duties for the 9 July Las Vegas event.

He was due to fight Nate Diaz, who submitted the Crumlin man in two rounds in his last fight.

"I will offer, like I already did, to fly to New York for the big press conference that was scheduled, and then I will go back into training. With no distractions," said McGregor.

"For the record also - For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations - I AM NOT RETIRED."

The full statement reads:

I am just trying to do my job and fight here.

I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote.

I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting.

There comes a time when you need to stop handing out flyers and get back to the damn shop.

50 world tours, 200 press conferences, 1 million interviews, 2 million photo shoots, and at the end of it all I'm left looking down the barrel of a lens, staring defeat in the face, thinking of nothing but my incorrect fight preparation. And the many distractions that led to this.

Nothing else was going through my mind.

It is time to go back and live the life that got me this life.

Sitting in a car on the way to some dump in Conneticut or somewhere, to speak to Tim and Suzie on the nobody gives a f**k morning show did not get me this life.

Talking to some lady that deep down doesn't give a f**k about what I'm doing, but just wants some sound bites so she can maybe get her little tight *** a nice raise, and I'm cool with that too, I've been giving you all raises. But I need to focus on me now.

I'm coming for my revenge here.

I flew an entire team to Portugal and to Iceland to make my adjustments in preparation and fix my errors I made with the weight and the cardio prep.

With the right adjustments and the right focus, I will finish what I started in that last fight.

I will not do this if I am back on the road handing out flyers again.

I will always play the game and play it better than anybody, but just for this one, where I am coming off a loss, I asked for some leeway where I can just train and focus. I did not shut down all media requests. I simply wanted a slight adjustment.

But it was denied.

There had been 10 million dollars allocated for the promotion of this event is what they told me.
So as a gesture of good will, I went and not only saved that 10 million dollars in promotion money, I then went and tripled it for them.

And all with one tweet.

I have decided to retire young.
Thanks for the cheese.
Catch ya's later.

— ConorMcGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 19, 2016

Keep that 10 mill to promote the other bums that need it. My shows are good.

I must isolate myself now.

I am facing a taller, longer and heavier man. I need to prepare correctly this time.

I can not dance for you this time.

It is time for the other monkeys to dance. I've danced us all the way here.

Nate's little mush head looks good up on that stage these days. Stuff him in front of the camera for it.

He came in with no sh*t to do that last one. I'd already done press conferences, interviews and shot the ads before RDA pulled out.

Maybe I'll hit Cabo this time and skull some shots pre-fight with no obligation.

I'm doing what I need for me now.

It is time to be selfish with my training again. It is the only way.

I feel the $400million I have generated for the company in my last three events, all inside 8 months, is enough to get me this slight leeway.

I am still ready to go for UFC 200.

I will offer, like I already did, to fly to New York for the big press conference that was scheduled, and then I will go back into training. With no distractions.

If this is not enough or they feel I have not deserved to sit this promotion run out this one time, well then I don't know what to say.

For the record also -
For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations -
I AM NOT RETIRED.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor Retires   Conor McGregor Retires EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 1:16 pm

See I told ya he wasn't retired
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor Retires   Conor McGregor Retires EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Yeah he was holding out for more money from UFC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor Retires   Conor McGregor Retires Empty

Back to top Go down

Conor McGregor Retires

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1