HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valve Announces Steam Controller

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Valve Announces Steam Controller Empty
PostSubject: Valve Announces Steam Controller   Valve Announces Steam Controller EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:24 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/27/valve-announces-steam-controller

Valve has announced Steam Controller, "a different kind of gamepad."

The controller features two circular trackpads. As explained by Valve, "Driven by the player’s thumbs, each one has a high-resolution trackpad as its base. It is also clickable, allowing the entire surface to act as a button. The trackpads allow far higher fidelity input than has previously been possible with traditional handheld controllers. Steam gamers, who are used to the input associated with PCs, will appreciate that the Steam Controller’s resolution approaches that of a desktop mouse."

The idea is to make "whole genres of games that were previously only playable with a keyboard and mouse" easier to play on a TV. "In addition, games like first-person shooters that are designed around precise aiming within a large visual field now benefit from the trackpads’ high resolution and absolute position control."

The Steam Controller also features "a new generation of super-precise haptic feedback, employing dual linear resonant actuators. These small, strong, weighted electro-magnets are attached to each of the dual trackpads. They are capable of delivering a wide range of force and vibration, allowing precise control over frequency, amplitude, and direction of movement."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valve Announces Steam Controller   Valve Announces Steam Controller EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Nice. I'll tell my brudda this and he'll probably already know.
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: Valve Announces Steam Controller   Valve Announces Steam Controller EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:32 pm

Not really surprised to see that a controller is their newest thing.  What I'm curious about is how well it plays as it's design is certainly different.  Probably won't buy it till I've had a chance to at least mess around with it some how.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Valve Announces Steam Controller   Valve Announces Steam Controller EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 7:02 pm

I think that's a good thing. PC gaming seems great, but using a keyboard and a mouse to play high tech games sounds strange. That's coming from someone that loves using a keyboard and mouse. Funny

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valve Announces Steam Controller   Valve Announces Steam Controller EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:30 pm

My biggest knock against PC gaming has always been not wanting to play with a keyboard and mouse. Despite this, I'll probably stick with my PS3 and Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valve Announces Steam Controller   Valve Announces Steam Controller Empty

Back to top Go down

Valve Announces Steam Controller

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1