HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Dead
Bullet Club
Bullet Club

PostSubject: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:07 pm

PWInsider reports that both Bobby Roode and Eric Young have asked for their releases from TNA Wrestling and will be finishing up their runs at tonight’s tapings in Orlando. Working this weekend’s events were part of their agreements. Both men have been a part of the company since 2004.

TNA said in a statement to PWInsider: “Impact Wrestling has come to terms on the release of veteran wrestlers Bobby Roode and Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz). Bobby and Eric have been valuable members of The Impact Roster since 2004 and we wish them nothing but the best in their careers going forward.

Bobby had this to say earlier today, “To the guys and girls I got to work with for the past 12 years, Impact Wrestling, the office and everyone associated with me getting to live this dream, I say thank you. It is time for me to move on to the next chapter in my life. This has been amazing.”

Eric Young had this to say. “Thank you. Thank you to everyone who watched me for the past 12 years. Thank you to Impact Wrestling. I wish everyone here nothing but the best going forward.”

Executive Vice President of Creative and Television, John Gaburick added, “Bobby and Eric are true professionals. We salute them for the 12 years they gave TNA.

With a Superstar roster including EC3, James Storm, Drew Galloway, Jeff and Matt Hardy, “The Destroyer” Bobby Lashley, Gail Kim, The Wolves, Maria Kanellis-Bennett and “The Miracle” Mike Bennett we couldn’t be more excited about showcasing the finest wrestling in the world for the Impact fans.”

In the coming weeks be sure to see the final matches of both Bobby Roode and Eric Young on Impact Wrestling at 9PM EST on Pop TV.”
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:18 pm

I guess Young couldn't offer anymore pay cuts Thirsty Mofos

Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:57 am

@MooseNugget wrote:
I guess Young couldn't offer anymore pay cuts Thirsty Mofos

I bet he was already at the point where he was the one writing pay checks to pay TNA for his services.
Back to top Go down
Dead
Bullet Club
Bullet Club

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:06 pm

– This is just a rumor right now, so take it as such. But The Wrestling Observer reports that the belief “within the industry” is that Bobby Roode is headed to WWE after departing TNA over the weekend.

The site is specific to note that nothing is confirmed as of now. Dave Meltzer also confirmed on Wrestling Observer Radio that both men asked for and were granted their release, despite the fact that they were under still under TNA contract. He said that the “word going around” is that both men are headed to WWE but added there is no concrete word either way.

So yeah, have fun with that story, peeps. We’ll likely know more about their plans sooner rather than later if similar past situations are any indication; in the meantime, Young’s first post-TNA booking is set for the UPWA show in Wilmington, North Carolina on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:27 pm

Roode would probably be nothing more than an enhancement talent in NXT
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:10 am

It would be badass to see Team Canada pop up in WWE YO

KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:53 am

Oh man pig
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:03 am

pig

Bullet Club
Bullet Club

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:15 am

Well they didn't use James Storm as enhancement talent when he was doing NXT bookings, I think Roode would be a top guy on the show unless he was fast tracked to the main roster because let's be honest....a guy on the level of Bobby Roode DOESNT need NXT
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:18 am

Roode would be like 40 years old and has had no success outside of TNA. And Storm was only there for like 1 match.
Back to top Go down
#BREEZANGO
Team Rusev
Team Rusev

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:00 am

I see him going to NXT, as with the bigger NXT names rumoured to be getting pushed to the main roster Finn Balor, Samoa Joe, Enzo and Cass. An well Sami Zayn is gone.
NXT will need some talent to main event, so Young and Roode would be good to add a few arrivals for NXT. Even knowing Roode would probably best off going to main roster. But we will see.
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:23 pm

Recently departed TNA star Bobby Roode recently spoke with The Peterborough Times about his decision to leave TNA, and below are some interview highlights:

On why he left TNA:

“It felt like it was the right time. After almost 13 years in a wrestling company I felt like there was nothing really left for me to do there. I wanted to mutually part ways. I have nothing negative to say about TNA Wrestling. They treated me very, very well. It was just a matter of me being in a part of my life where I’m not sure TNA was the right fit for me anymore. The brand has been stale for the last little while and the growth wasn’t there as it was in the early years.”

On his contract status:

“”I’m a free agent so I can do anything I want as far as wrestling goes.”

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:36 pm

If Roode goes to WWE and they have him on NXT, Storm would likely go there after his contract and WWE would have Beer Money, probably with a diff name. :o
Back to top Go down
Zanon
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:20 am

@Batman wrote:
If Roode goes to WWE and they have him on NXT, Storm would likely go there after his contract and WWE would have Beer Money, probably with a diff name. :o

I think WWE would "buy" the rights to the names if they were going to do something with them. That or they'd just be singles competitors.
Robbie Doode and Jim Tornado, the worldwide famous tag team "Alcohol Tab, Ltd"!
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:05 am

Buying the Beer Money, Inc. name wouldn't be worth it to WWE. Besides they like changing people's names anyway.

Bullet Club
Bullet Club

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:21 pm

They havent changed any of the recent TNA refugees' names lately. Styles, Joe and Aries all still have their names.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:16 pm

Sometimes life is strange Thirsty Mofos

I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:38 pm

James Storm didn't change his name when he went to NXT for a bit either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA   

Back to top Go down

Bobby Roode and Eric Young Leaving TNA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1