Last Movie You Saw?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:59 pm

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

I have to stay home to make sure my Mom's okay and I haven't even been walking my dog that much. I didn't feel like playing video games or marathoning a TV show. I decided to watch a movie and pick out 2001.

2001 is fantastic. Something I learned since the last time I seen this film is HAL cheats in his Chess game against Frank. He lies and tells Frank he's going to check mate him in a way he couldn't but Frank didn't question him and gave up. A lot of people think that was Frank failing a test and that's when HAL decided to kill everyone.

I really enjoy watching this and I try to watch it at least once a year. I could tell my mom wasn't enjoying as much but she did appreciate the more cinematic moments like when David had to eject himself into the emergency escape hatch without a helmet on. That still looks crazy and I forgot how they did that.

Like I said fantastic film. Not for everyone. This isn't Star Wars. It's not a sci-fi adventure film. It's very regal. 10/10.

Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:48 pm

I finally caught Infinity Gauntlet on a plane (2/3rds of it on the way over, started again at the 1/2-way point to refresh my into-it-ness on the way back).

Whoa. Fantastic.

Poor sweet rabbit.
Back to top Go down
JKHadley
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:06 pm

I'm watching The Rift: The Dark Side of The Moon on Netflix
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:30 pm

BlackKkklansmen very good film
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:35 pm

A Matter of Life and Death (1946)

If you look up my top 100 movie list you'll see this movie ranks very high. This movie gets me emotional. It's the story of how David Niven survives jumping out his bomber at 1,000 feet without his parachute. He receives brain damage and has to go through an operation. He sees visions of a Frenchman trying to take him to Heaven.

This is my favorite drama film. I'm very happy Criterion made a Blu-Ray of this film. 10/10.

Inherit the Wind (1960)

Kitty wanted to watch another movie with a trial so I picked this one. This is a story of a real monkey trial with some fictionalizations. It's crazy reading what actually took place in real like like Bryan (Brady in the film) taking the stand to be questioned.

This movie is filled with great actors, drama and humor. 9/10.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:20 am

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

The Guardians of the Galaxy movies are really fun. After re-watching this I don't know how they're going to do a third movie without Batista. I certainly think the rest of the crew can hold their own but his Drax's story was never finished imo.

The effects look great. I never felt anything looked fake. Just look a Rocket. I don't know if they used practical effects at all or if he's all CG. He really looks fantastic.

The music was good. I wasn't a fan of things like playing Cherry Bomb while The Guardians were discussing their plan.

Obviously they left things open for a part two but they did fully complete a story for this film. It feels stupid to give props for that but there wasn't a big "We're coming for you next Thanos!" after things were said in done like we seen in the new Independence Day or the new Predator films. No Marvel Studios teases us with what's to come instead.

It's a great film. 9/10.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:38 am

Revenge of The Nerds

As someone who is spending his gap years in his home town, I truly believe that this is the college experience. This movie is a blast, and I love all the characters and activities that they've done. It's honestly awe inspiring to the point where I can smell the cheese that it's producing.
9/10 needs more nerds

Chernobyl Diaries

It's always weird watching a movie whenever a character has the same name as you. I, for one, normally think what I'd do in their situation. and to be completely fair, I would've fucked up worse than these group of tourists. The movie itself is predictable, but it still shocked me to the point where I didn't want to look. If you're ever going out camping in a location that you're not familiar with, please, be prepared and don't do what these idiots did.
8/10 needs more elephant feet

Carnival of Souls

Never before have I thought what the afterlife is like until I've seen this movie. It gives me more of a perspective on what others thought about what happens after death, and I've never interpreted it like how this movie portrayed it as.
4/10 needs more carnival screen time
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:11 am

Revenge of the Nerds (1984)

This is a fun over the top film. I remember one of my teachers said this was his favorite film and we talked a lot about movies back in the day.

The movie is certainly a hoot and maybe it was something special when it first came out but this story has been redone so many times. I really enjoy how over the top it was. The movie was so ridiculous. I'd have a difficult time picking what my favorite scene was. Maybe it was the music piece they did at the Homecoming.

But the plot wasn't all that great. Honestly if this movie wasn't so ridiculous the movie would just piss you off at how much these guys let themselves be pushed around. But then again they're just young adults. Whatever fun movie. Not great but you'll laugh. 6/10.

Chernobyl Diaries (2012)

I'll give this movie credit for having a really interesting setting that the filmmakers could have done way more with. I think a lot more suspense could have been added if the people argued over going into more radiated areas and staying in the place at all but whenever it should come up they're being chased or something so it's never their biggest worry. They're always forced in the moment to go in the wrong direction but never seem to try to go the right way when they have the chance. It's weird to have a giaga counter go off only once in a great while.

The movie is dumb fun. It does little different than most modern horror films. If you skip this you're not missing anything. This could have been paced better but they went with relying on jump scares. I better stop worrying what could have been. 5/10.

Carnival of Souls (1962)

I'm bumping up the grade of this movie since I last seen it. I really enjoy this. It's almost like an episode of The Twilight Zone. This movie likes to play with what's real and what isn't real. What if you survived an accident that you were supposed to die in? You can always run away from death or you can play with it but the fact is no matter what it will catch up to you.

It's really too bad that every movie that this movie inspired ended up getting more famous than this film. Night of The Living Dead is scarier and more political. Eraserhead is far more weird. But after seeing those films and re-watching this you'll see how this film influenced them. And this movie along with The Haunting moved horror from monster movies to being more cerebral.

But just because this movie inspired filmmakers doesn't make this a great movie. The movie and story hold up on their own. The movie isn't perfect. Some dubbing and sound is noticeably bad. The sound isn't the best. And if you're paying attention I think you know what the twist ending will be. But at a little over an hour it doesn't overstay it's welcome. 8/10.

HOFer
HOFer

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:06 pm

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

First time watching this movie for some reason, as Jim Carrey has always been one of my favorite actors. It’s impressive that somebody known as a comedy God can nail a serious role like this. All around it’s a fantastic movie. An enjoyable plot, great acting, and gives you a lot to think about as the movie goes on. Certainly will watch again.

9/10
Back to top Go down
Giggity Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:10 pm

I watched Eternal Sunshine, I believe, somewhere in the early 2010s. I actually hadn't heard of it before. Great film.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg Online
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:14 pm

@Giggity Gopher wrote:
I watched Eternal Sunshine, I believe, somewhere in the early 2010s. I actually hadn't heard of it before. Great film.
I heard from my roommates, who both love the movie, that it’s one of those films that you catch something else each time you watch it.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:44 pm

The Favourite, Beyond Skyline, & Friday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Saw?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25