HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed) Empty
PostSubject: It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed)   It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 9:17 am

Ian & Realt step down; Myke & Chilly return

In case you haven't heard by now in >> this topic<<, Ian has stepped down. And he brought me back to the team as Head Admin. The first thing I ended up doing as Head Admin was asking if Chilly would help me out and he said yes. Shortly after, Realt also decided to demote herself. More information can be found in that topic. Both Ian and Realt are welcome back to the admin team whenever they want, if they have any desire to come back.

I did add both Ian and Realt into the Hall of Fame. And if anybody doesn't like that: too bad. They've both contributed to the site majorly so as far as I'm aware, they deserve it.

State of the Fed

The fed is being shut down. Plain and simple. I thank Caleb for trying to get the fed rolling again, but it's obvious that people simply don't have time and/or any motivation to fed. Or fed in match-writing feds. Whichever. But we're not trying another promo-based fed. We're not going to have a fed anymore. Is it completely gone forever? Not necessarily. It MAY come back, but it's not coming back anytime soon until activity increases once more and people have a genuine interest in the fed.

And there better be no finger-pointing either. I don't want anybody blaming the GMs or specific people or anything. Remember, Caleb put out a topic asking who was still interested in fedding. And almost everybody on that list (with the exception of one or two people) was booked in King of Xtreme. And... only one person posted. So it's a combination of many things, and not one person or one group is solely at fault.

The fed will remain visible on the site until the New Year. Once we're wrestlefanatics.com, the fed will become invisible and only certain member groups will be able to see it. So if there's anything you want to grab from the fed while it's still visible, you have a month.

Moderators

We will be getting moderators. How many? For now, only two. And application topic will go up December 1st, and people will have 10 days to apply if anybody has interest. Moderators will be responsible for: keeping the forum free from spam, taking care of duplicate topics, and enforcing the rules, among other things.

The difference between a Moderator and an Admin is that Moderators firstly, will not have access to the Admin Control Panel. So that limits their powers already. They would, for example, not be able to delete an entire section. Or delete members. They'll have the power to edit topics, sticky topics, move topics, etc..

Moderators will also specialize in sections. Meaning, if we have a Moderator who specializes in the WWE section, they would be responsible for posting topics in the WWE section and trying to spark conversations. They would also help keep the WWE PPV topic up-to-date.

Advertising & Affiliating

Come the New Year, once we've made the full transition to WrestleFanatics, I'll be going crazy with advertising and affiliating. And of course, if anybody wants to help with that, let me know in a PM.

And one last thing guys, remember that our NEW URL is wrestlefanatics.com (You can use it right now. The redirect won't be around forever.)

wrestlefanatics.com
wrestlefanatics.com
wrestlefanatics.com
wrestlefanatics.com
wrestlefanatics.com
wrestlefanatics.com
wrestlefanatics.com
Back to top Go down
Mæstro
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Mæstro

PostSubject: Re: It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed)   It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:48 pm

omg, the. the. the fed!
Back to top Go down
Giggity Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Giggity Gopher

PostSubject: Re: It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed)   It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 3:04 pm

The only suggestion I have is instead of making the fed invisible, just create a single XWA History forum and shove it all in there, so people can always find their old shit without having to go through and save everything just in case they need it.

Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed)   It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed) EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 11:19 am

Snoopz Benoit wrote:
The only suggestion I have is instead of making the fed invisible, just create a single XWA History forum and shove it all in there, so people can always find their old shit without having to go through and save everything just in case they need it.

This will be discussed about in the admin room. Thank you for the suggestion.
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed)   It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 4:32 am

You guys went and let the fed die, I blame all of you. Mad as hell

I'm joking of course, I think the feds been going through a road towards being closed for quite some time, it's depressing, but to blame anyone, especially the current GMs would be silly. Was a fun time for period I was active.
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed)   It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 10:31 pm

Wow, I didn't really pay attention to the fed but it still seems odd not having it around. It's understandable however. I think a lot of it has to do with the core members of XWA just growing up and not having the time to do it.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed)   It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed) EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 8:10 am

@Rellim wrote:
Wow, I didn't really pay attention to the fed but it still seems odd not having it around. It's understandable however. I think a lot of it has to do with the core members of XWA just growing up and not having the time to do it.

That's exactly it. It was the same fedders for awhile, gaining a new one every so often, but eventually, it just became a matter of people losing motivation / having no time to fed. Shit happens.

Unless we get a massive amount of new, young people to fed, it ain't gonna happen lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed)   It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed) EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 8:01 pm

maybe make a top 10 efed matches of xwa history post
:RIP:

: )
Back to top Go down
Mæstro
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Mæstro

PostSubject: Re: It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed)   It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 3:43 am

Wait ^^
Aint gonna happen, so the fed... is dead?
FOREVER?
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed)   It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 8:45 am

Immortal wrote:
Wait ^^
Aint gonna happen, so the fed... is dead?
FOREVER?

"It MAY come back, but it's not coming back anytime soon until activity increases once more and people have a genuine interest in the fed."
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed)   It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 2:49 pm

Fedding is lame anyway Thirsty Mofos

It's a New Day; yes it is! (4 Announcements; Including State of the Fed)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: Forum Headquarters :: Forum Announcements-