HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* Empty
PostSubject: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 7:59 pm

SPECIAL EDITION!

This is a special edition for the Newsletter. Want to know why? BECAUSE I SAID SO. I did not one... not two... BUT THREE INTERVIEWS FOR IT. I hope you all enjoy!

Oh yeah, and I'll also be stepping down as admin and GM. I'll also be on the site less. I might continue doing the Newsletter, and I'll still be around for PPV Slam! So don't worry, that's not going anywhere.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* B9bq1SD

October 2015 Edition

Contents:
XWAFA - Forum Announcements
XWAWT - What's Trending?
XWABC - Birthday Celebrations
XWAEF - E-Fed News & Updates
XWAFC - Wrestling Fantasy Corner
XWAFF - Fantasy Football
XWAIM 1 - Interview of the Month #1
XWAIM 2 - Interview of the Month #2
XWAIM 3 - Interview of the Month #3

(To go to a certain section, hold down CTRL and hit 'F' then type in the code next to the section.)

October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* 929shtn
XWAFA
Writer: Myke
Editor: N/A

October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* 2vNS7wP

We are officially getting a new name! We'll be moving to the domain of wrestlefanatics.com on January 1st! With the move, our names on social media are also going to be changing. For further announcements or any potential updates, be sure to check the "Announcements" section. And in case you're wondering, you can start using wrestlefanatics.com NOW because it will redirect to XWA-Universe in the meantime.

October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EkgSpQ4
XWAWT

The five most active posting users of September 2015 were:

1) Burder (Over 425 posts)
2) Chilly (Over 375 posts)
3) realt (Over 325 posts)
4) Drächen Fx (Over 300 posts)
5) Eeyen (Over 275 posts)

The five most active topics of September 2015 were (Topics started in September only):

1) What profession gets paid the most for the least amount of work? (45)
2) Johnny Ace engaged to Mother Bella (40)
3) White People, sad story, 1lyk (38)
4) PPV Slam!: Night of Champions 2015 (37)
5) Some high school teacher just called me a totalitarian because I disagree with him (33)

Additionally:

• Dead is still admin. Somehow. For some reason.
  • To get rid of the World News section or not? That is the question.
  • No really, Dead is an admin and he's the definition of useless.

October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* Btv0K7C
XWABC

September's birthdays!:
The useless admin turned 30.
Chilly turned 28.
Meth & TJ turned 21.
iLike & Caleb turned 20.
Glassjaw turned 17.

And to anybody that I missed: I do apologize, and of course, happy belated birthday!

October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* T8w6HIA
XWAEF
Writer: Razor
Editor: Myke

Razor was unfortunately unable to hand anything in for the fed.

October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* TYqrgW8
XWAFC
Writers: Myke & Chilly

H2H Monthly Blog and Headlines

Clash of the Leaders - A Two Way Tie at the Top!
|| Since the last newsletter, the Kanto Mews (Snoopz) are still sitting pretty at the top of the Conference, however they are now joined by their rival team, the Bionis Monados (TJ) who have gone on a rather incredible winning streak. Ever since Week 6, the Monados have won every single game in their wake - that's an impressive SIX straight games. The previous record was set, ironically, by the Mews with 5 straight wins with the Monados matching it in game 10, but with their 68 - 30 win over the Metal Lands Anti-Precursors (Riley), they take the record and will be recorded in the Hall of Fame rankings once the streak actually comes to a close!

What's even more intriguing, however, is the Mews and Monados are scheduled to face one another in game 12! So a lot of bragging rights are on the line. Not only is top spot up for the taking, but it is also classified as a rivals match. Can the Monados keep their streak alive or will the Mews become the conqueror?||

The Final Trade Window Looms (of the Regular Season)
|| On October 2nd, the final trade window (of the Regular Season) of the season shall take place and it'll be interesting to see what activity takes place. Many teams have only a couple of trades left, or are left with four (whilst the Mews have zero), however that is a handful of teams in the running for the Playoff spots that have yet to even make a single trade. The teams sitting in position 3 to 5, the Acheron Xenomorphs (Storey), Gotham City Justice League (Razor) and Smurfville Bliggas (Burdur) have all yet to make a single trade in the competition yet find themselves fighting for the Playoff places. The question is, will they take a plunge into the final trade window of the Regular Season to try and make a push for the H2H Conference Title, or will they attempt to sit pretty on their teams that have done them well so far, and use all their trades in the Playoffs if they qualify? It's a tough choice to make, but a good situation to be in all the same. ||

Changes for Season 2
|| Season 2 is scheduled to kick off in 2016, with the first game taking place in the PPV Battle at WrestleMania 32. However, after the current Regular Season is drawing to it's latter stages, it was time to re-evaluate so aspects of H2H and changes have been announced.

Anyone wishing to take part in Season 2, should check this thread out! It contains important aspects to how the competition is run and feedback is always welcome. ||

H2H Conference Standings

October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* GsbSmzf

Official Match Scores from the Last 3 Game Weeks in August

|| Game Week 9 ||
October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* 3RYy5C9

|| Game Week 10 ||
October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* Qnj9RtT

|| Game Week 11 ||
October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* V4gk0BI

October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* FMuj1ew

PPV Slam! for Night of Champions had a great continuation from where SummerSlam left off. 16 people showed for it and now the #1 spot is between Ian and Greg, both holding 1900 points. Ian scored strong for SummerSlam with 1100 points, and 800 points for Night of Champions. Greg on the other hand had 900 for SummerSlam, and took the lead for Night of Champions with 1000 points. Greg managed to predict roughly 83.33% of Night of Champions correctly!

The average score for Night of Champions was 650, held by four people. This means that the average prediction success rate for the PPV was roughly 54.16%.

Meanwhile, the person who scored the least was #SAWFT with only 400 points. He was only able to predict 33.33% of the PPV correctly.

Even so, in XPS (which is a side competition for PPV Slam! that incorporates stipulations which causes points to be added differently), #SAWFT managed to score 1450 over his opponents Storey & Tony, who scored 1400 & 750 respectfully. And it's all because the matches that he scored points on happened to be worth quadruple, so he managed to make out with more points than Storey & Tony, who ended up scoring 650 & 450 respectfully in PPV Slam! This just goes to show you that even if you do poorly in PPV Slam!, you can still dominate in XPS.

For Hell in a Cell 2015 XPS, Ian and Greg, the two holding the #1 spot, will face off in a Casket Match, where the first three matches are going to be worth triple, for the XPS World Championship. For other matches go here:

http://xwauniverse.forumotion.com/t28804-xps-hell-in-a-cell-2015-matches

October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* B1gBxnW
XWAFF
Writers: Burder

Week 3 Power Rankings
Spoiler:

And link to:

Week 2 Rankings

Week 1 Rankings

Things to come in November edition:

Trades of the month (if there are any), Waiver Wire pickups of the year, summary of what has occurred in October, and breakdown of the playoff picture.

October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* VCpJwdm
XWAIM 1
Interviewer: Myke
Interviewee: Storey

MYKE: Hello there, Storey. Thank you for joining me for this interview. Going to start off with easy, personal questions. How old are you and where do you live?

STOREY: Hi Myke. I am 23 (24 in a few weeks) and I currently live in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

MYKE: Be honest, Storey. Northern Ireland vs. Ireland: how much of a difference is there?

STOREY: So basically, they are separate countries. As separate as Scotland is to England, for example. Northern Ireland is part of the UK, whereas Ireland is the Republic of Ireland. Both countries are on the isle of Ireland. Northern Ireland is under UK rule whereas Ireland has its own president.

It gets worse the further you delve in. There was a lot of trouble some decades ago, and there still is today. There's quite a big Protestant-Catholic divide (you may see reports in the news about trouble here sometimes). On a personal level, I don't have an issue with it; I don't have anything against Protestants or Catholics, I believe it is a very loud, very vocal minority from both sides that continue the issues. One of the problems is that our politics are run by those influenced by religion, so it's hard to escape it all!

Bit heavy for a newsletter but that's the gist!

MYKE: Gotcha. I was curious. Although I think you told me that before. Or I looked it up. Well, it helps those who don't know about that. So thanks! What do you do for living?

STOREY: I have just completed my degree at university. I did a Masters degree in Computer Games Development. I achieved a first class, which is the highest classification. Technically I believe I can sign my name as "Mark Storey MEng" which would mean Master of Engineering, but I think you'd have to be pretty pretentious to do that!

So for a living, I would be a Computer Games Developer!

MYKE: Very nice. Any games or apps or anything that anybody would know about?

STOREY: Well for a year I worked for a company in Dublin called "Bluebear Technologies". You could search their name on the Apple App Store or Google Play/Amazon Stores and come across a number of their apps/games. They're mainly kids games where you nurse a character back to health. There are others like drawing apps and creating a birthday party too. Aside from that there isn't anything I made that has been released but if you wanted you could easily check out my website at www.markstorey.co.uk and see projects that I've done for university!

MYKE: Very nice. I know I'll check out the site and I hope others do as well. What do your favorite hobbies include?

STOREY: Probably similar to most people on this site: I enjoy gaming and am also a big fan of movies and TV. I enjoy heading out for drinks with friends too.

MYKE: Alright, alright. Fair enough. Most hobbies seemed to be shared. If you weren't living where you do now, where would you want to move to?

STOREY: Hmm, that's a tough one. I'm planning on moving away shortly. Aside from my one year in Dublin, I've always lived in Belfast. But now that I've finished my degree, I've started looking for a permanent game developer job. This is going to most likely lead me to England or Scotland. I don't want to move too far away right now, so somewhere in the UK is the plan. Hopefully it will be around London/South of England. My girlfriend has just moved to the South of England and the game industry is much more prevalent in the UK. Realistically, wherever I get a job will be my next stop!

MYKE: Wow. You thought this through. Good for you! I hope it all works out! Now to find out something that I have been wondering myself: how often do people make fun of your last name with bad jokes relating to a story?

STOREY: Haha! I wasn't expecting that. I think most people have got it out of their system, I guess? Mainly now if I meet someone and they ask my name I tend to say "Mark, but Storey is probably easier to remember because it's a little different." They tend not to believe that my name is Storey, like a book, but with an "ey" at the end, until I show them my ID. Jokes/names I've heard range from bedtime to Toy, even Balamory (a children's show in the early 2000s). I feel like, at this point, I've probably heard them all!

MYKE: I ask unexpected questions sometimes. I try to keep everyone on their toes. That wraps up the personal segment, now let's get into wrestling. Who is your current favorite wrestler? And why?

STOREY: I have to say it was Cesaro recently. He is pretty incredible. Even at live events, you can see he is one of the only ones that really takes in the way the crowds are reacting and makes it part of the match. Since WWE are always hot and cold with him and you can go without seeing him sometimes. The New Day are pretty fantastic, too. I'm really enjoying their segments. Another one worth noting is Sasha Banks, she consistently impresses me too.

MYKE: Solid choices, in my opinion. Who is your all-time favorite wrestler? And why?

STOREY: Man, I have such a hard time picking favourites of anything, but I'll try haha. All-time favourite... I assume I'm bounded by nostalgia, which would probably mean Stone Cold and The Rock would be the forerunners. Probably not surprising. I think anyone around my age would be hard pressed to pick anyone else, to be honest though, we were spoiled for choice as kids, in my opinion. It's too hard to pick a favourite but the usual suspects are up there!

MYKE: Cool, cool. This next question is kind of long, so take your time if you need to think about it. If you had the option of choosing to be involved with a wrestling company, whether that's being a wrestler, a manager, a commentator, a writer, etc.. etc.. (the list goes on and on) what company would you choose and why? What would you also do for said company?

STOREY: The logical option would be to be on the video games team solely for WWE 2K, seeing as that's what I can actually do. In terms of fantasy but still grounded in reality, it'd be a writer/creative for WWE (though I guess any company would be cool). If you could have any company at all it would definitely be WWE. If I were muscular and had amazing cardio, of course the answer would be wrestler. Since I'm not: creative or the games programmer would be a logical, yet still cool, choice.

MYKE: If you were a writer for WWE, would you change Randy's name to Mark Storey? Don't lie.

STOREY: I wouldn't haha. I should note that Randy was my favourite for quite a long time, from Evolution right through until after Legacy.

MYKE: Anybody that's in the fed would probably know that, haha. Have you attended any live-events? If yes, what were they?

STOREY: My first live event from an actual company was WWA, World Wrestling AllStars. It had Road Dogg, Lenny and Lodi and even Bret Hart as their Commissioner, they were doing a tour as I was surprised with tickets. Shortly after, WWE started having shows in the Odyssey Arena here in Belfast. Since opening I have been to 2 shows every year (except the previous 1), all house shows. I have also been to a house show in Nottingham after winning a competition with 2K. I have also been in the iMPACT! Zone. I was on holiday back in 2005 with my family and we happened to go to Universal Studios on a Tuesday, turned out TNA were doing a number of tapings that day, so there are a few episodes where yours truly would be at the entrance ramp railings/barricade. I believe this is when Jeff Hardy, Rhino, AJ, Daniels, Raven, Abyss and Chris Sabin where all active. Fun fact, my mum had come down to ringside at one point beside us and accidentally caught Andy Douglas' bandana. He was a part of The Naturals with Chase Stevens. At the time I was still looking to make my eFed character mean something at the time, The Naturals were on my mind since the catch and I thought it would be good to have the singular. It was only until I searched for wrestlers with the nickname 'The Natural' much later that I realized it was actually quite a wide used nickname!

MYKE: Oh wow. Good for you! Able to attend events and whatnot. I'm completely jealous. One last wrestling question to wrap it up. What is your favorite storyline happening in WWE right now?

STOREY: Hmm that's a good one. The Divas Revolution is something that gets thrown around, but it's not the storyline that's my favourite but more so the actual revolution that brought it on. I believe it really came from the incredible matches the women put on in NXT. The idea of Bayley and Sasha main eventing as well as the stipulation being an IronWoman match is incredible. So that might be my favourite thing. It's also hard not to get hyped by Brock Lesnar or anything out of Paul Heyman's mouth, so that too.

MYKE: Paul Heyman needs his own WWE show, to be honest. I'd watch the shit out of it. Moving onto the e-fed questions now: Who was your first e-fed character?

STOREY: Well my first character was Mark Storey! I unoriginally my went with my own name. I believe I have a copy of my original (or the earliest version I can find) profile. Storey was essentially Randy Orton mixed with Shelton Benjamin and The Undertaker. His finisher was the Last Ride from the Top Rope and I believe to was called the Xtreme Punishment. Pretty horrendous.

MYKE: Who was your favorite e-fed character that you made at any point in time? It can also be a specific gimmick with one.

STOREY: I have tended to create characters and never debut them. I've had small test runs with a few. I have a "character library" but I always tend to go back to Storey. I think you always tend to gravitate towards the character you've put the most time behind. The original 2WWF heel turn with FKY may have been my favourite incarnation of Storey. I have fond memories or before in RIW and after in 2WWF and XWA, but the original Descendants of Idols allowed me to really hit a stride and incorporate everything I had learnt into one.

MYKE: I can relate, as I always go back to Shade. What is your favorite type of match to write?

STOREY: I have a love-hate relationship with multi-man matches. On one hand I love the ability to continue writing, on the other hand it sometimes just gets too much. I am partial to stipulations. With the right characters, I love a Falls Count Anywhere. I've said on multiple occasions that I always enjoyed Storey vs. Leon Astin. I also really enjoyed the Classic 2WWF Rules which was a singles match but with no disqualification outside but ring count still on. I always thought it was an interesting twist. Aside from that I just enjoy a variety so matches and weeks don't blur into one.

MYKE: Look at me getting a shoutout to one of your favorite matches. HOO-RAH. It was a good match though. So thanks! Which e-fed character, out of ANY e-fed you have been part of, would you be scared to meet if they were real?

STOREY: Haha great question. There were a lot of manic characters over the years. Unfortunately most tend to evolve or most on to arrogant/egotistical superstar so it'd be hard to say. I would imagine Insane Klown would be pretty bad to meet, he once stapled a rubber chicken to Storey's head and blew up a car, in the same match. In a developmental. Saying that, characters like T.K. have had their backs sliced into an X. There are plenty of characters that aren't necessarily 'scary' but you sure as hell wouldn't want to cross them haha

MYKE: True, true. The final question for the e-fed section is this: when are you going to cash in and dethrone Razor? Come on, we're all waiting.

STOREY: That's a shame! I was expecting more eFed questions. Haha, who's to know when I'll cash in? I need to up my game first I think, I'm not at the level I'd like to be at right now. Hopefully this company doesn't close like the last time I had a guaranteed championship match.

MYKE: It's closing tomorrow, to be honest. Just kidding. Sorry there isn't more e-fed questions. I give the most questions to the final category: XWA as a whole. How long have you been part of XWA? How did you come across XWA?

STOREY: Oh man, I have no idea how long I've been a member. I have joined and left and joined and left again. The site has had its problems which I think most would agree on, arguments and just general lack of time drove me away. I tended to stick to one eFed which was 2WWF at the time. I'm pretty sure it was Justin who linked me many times.

MYKE: Have you ever been banned on XWA?

STOREY: You know, I think I have. I'm not sure who was head admin at the time, perhaps some of the core XWA members would know, but I believe there were maybe two different times where 2WWF members joined in a group, tried to get along but then arguments ensued. Finding myself on the 2WWF side I was more than likely banned for a while!

MYKE: Alright, more-experienced XWA people, tell me who banned my Storey. I want their head. Gonna try to make this more positive though. So: what do you like most about XWA?

STOREY: I think it's got a lot more mature, people are getting older I guess and there are a lot less arguments which is awesome. It's a nice, chilled place to be now. I really enjoy the eFed, I think the PPV Slam and H2H Conference, etc are amazing. The daily news posts are great and I'm loving the new initiatives like this newsletter. It's a shame that activity has died down a little, but once people join up or return I think they'll spend even longer here than before.

MYKE: I agree. And once we get our name change and start advertising and affiliating more, things should get more active. Now to see where your allegiance lies within XWA... Who is your XWA best-friend?

STOREY: Aw man! I think the majority of my friendships lie with people who moved here from 2WWF, that's not a reflection on the XWA members but more so that I was much more active on 2WWF than here due to university and work dominating my time as a member here. In terms of friends on here it'd be Justin and yourself. You two are the ones I would speak to the most on Facebook chat from the site. I interact with others on status' etc, like Rob and Minkaro and occasionally I keep in touch with Jeff (Ace Acid for those that would know his eFed character more).

There are a number of people I like on here but unfortunately don't know enough about. Like Chilly, Abdel, etc.

MYKE: COME ON READERS. BEFRIEND STOREY. He's a really chill guy! This one may not apply to you, but I'm going to ask anyway. Keep it in terms of XWA. Who do you miss the most that no longer comes onto the site?

STOREY: I'd say Ruro, he's not around as often anymore.

MYKE: What is your favorite aspect of XWA? Try to choose just one! Could be a game, the fed, the members... Hell, it could be the banner if you love it.

STOREY: I think I'd have to say the fed; it is the reason I came here. The games are awesome though and I think they will make people want to join and others want to stay!

MYKE: Who do you miss the most from 2WWF and wish they would come here?

STOREY: I'd say Jeff. There were loads of great guys over there too, but I'd say I do miss having Jeff around.

MYKE: I miss Jeff too. Such a great guy. Do you wish you were an admin or do you feel like that'd be too much work?

STOREY: I don't wish I were admin, nor even running the fed. It definitely is too much work and I just don't have the free time any more. I've been admin on other sites, I've run my own site and I've been GM on multiple sites. I don't take on those responsibilities unless I know I can do a good job and put in the time.

MYKE: If you could meet anyone from XWA, who would you want it to be?

STOREY: Definitely Justin or yourself! Or Moose, he seems really great too, I forgot to mention him earlier on.

MYKE: Since Moose is so rich, he should hold a convention for XWA to get together, haha. And the final question for this interview: where do you see XWA in five years?

STOREY: Hopefully thriving! We've got a nice community, cool games, news is posted daily and a good eFed, one of the last match-based. I would really like to see it do well, especially since us oldies will probably be away by then!

MYKE: I hope so too. Thank you for joining me, Mark. It was a pleasure.

STOREY: Thanks Myke!

Last edited by Myke on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 8:00 pm

XWAIM 2
Interviewee: Justin

MYKE: Hello Justin, and welcome to the October Newsletter interview. We're going to start off with something easy. How old are you and where do you live?

JUSTIN: I'm 23 currently, living in Arlington, Texas. Yes, the place they based King of the Hill off of. Boom.

MYKE: Does that mean you love propane?

JUSTIN: I love propane and propane accessories.

MYKE: Oh god haha. What do you do for a living?

JUSTIN: Absolutely nothing. I'm on Disability for some mental problems I've got. Nothing in the serial killer form, I'm just very anxious around people who I don't really know and with situations that I don't know what to expect from. It used to be way worse than it is now, but I went to therapy for a bit. Before therapy, it was to the point where I couldn't order my own food at restaurants or talk to clerks at stores. It was really bad. Now, I'm still not quite well enough to work, but I'm still a good bit better than I used to be. Unfortunately, I got switched to Medicare earlier this year (or late 2014, I can't remember) and my therapist doesn't take that, so I haven't been going to therapy since then.

MYKE: Hopefully you don't mind me asking this then, and if you do, you don't have to answer it. If it wasn't for your disability, what do you think you'd be doing for a living?

JUSTIN: I'm not sure, really. Probably some minimum wage job. There's a 7/11 down the street from my house. Maybe working there.

MYKE: You'd have to deal with Slurpee rushes. It wouldn't be worth it, really. What do your favorite hobbies include?

JUSTIN: Well, there's the obvious one: eFedding. Been doing that for about 11 and three-quarters years. Outside of that, playing video games and listening to music are things I vastly enjoy doing. Typical stuff there, I suppose. I used to write more than just eFedding. Songs, poems, short stories, etc. I kinda hope to get back into that at some point.

MYKE: Would you ever write a novel?

JUSTIN: I'd like to, but I don't know if I have the patience to write something that long. I mean, if I could take it slowly and write a little bit every day or even week, then I could get it done, but I have a pretty short attention span with most things so I'd probably get bored before I finish and never end up getting back to it. I would love to be able to write a full novel, though.

MYKE: I hope you do one day. Your writing is incredible. Now a question that I know I'm wondering, and maybe some others too: why "Snoopz"?

JUSTIN: Ahhhh, yes. The ole' nickname question. Basically, I got it when I was in my pre-teen years. In school, we were all in the In School Suspension room (not because we were in trouble, but something was going on in the class we were supposed to be in) and this dude named Pablo said that I look like Snoopy from the Peanuts. Apparently my nose was fairly big back then, compared to my face. I kinda just went with it and it became a thing quickly. A few months later, I was signing all my tests and stuff with just "Snoopy" instead of my name and the teachers didn't have a problem with it. Some of them even called me Snoop.

MYKE: Very interesting. Also that your teachers allowed it haha. And the final personal question, which is a somewhat weird one. Do you prefer having facial hair or are you like me and just get too lazy to shave?

JUSTIN: A bit of both. Now that I'm on the chubbier side of things, I prefer having facial hair over not having any because it hides my double chin and all that such. I mean, I'm still obviously fat, but y'know. There's also the fact that I'm too lazy, though. I shave it every few months, when I can be assed. I don't really mind the homeless look, so yeah. Plus, I don't really know how to stylize my facial hair or anything.

MYKE: Yeah screw stylizing. Unless it's like Sheamus'.

JUSTIN: If anything, I'll just Bray Wyatt it.

MYKE: And now we can transition into wrestling questions! Easy one firsts: Who is your current favorite wrestler? And why?

JUSTIN: Ahhhh, shit. This is a tough one. A few wrestlers come to mind when I think of my current favorite. I'd say a few that just miss the cut are Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Neville and Sasha Banks. As for my favorite, I'd have to go with Seth Rollins. He's the perfect mix of wrestling talent, mic skills, selling ability, everything. I said, when he first won the World Heavyweight Championship, that it was the first time in a long time where I felt the best overall wrestler in WWE was actually the main champion and I still agree with that.

MYKE: If that was a tough question how about your all-time favorite wrestler? And same thing: why?

JUSTIN: This one is surprisingly less difficult for me. There's been that one wrestler for me who I just love above any other for a while now. I didn't really appreciate his work so much when he was around, but I liked to re-watch stuff a lot and I just loved it. My all-time favorite is *NAME CENSORED*. (Yes, Benoit). His technical ability was unmatched, he was in some of my all-time favorite matches and even his mic skills were fairly underrated. Despite the circumstances surrounding his death, he was and will always be a legend in wrestling for me.

MYKE: Yeah, Benoit was amazing. And it really pisses me off when people, including WWE, decide that because of what went down, he just didn't exist.

JUSTIN: I can understand it. If WWE were to acknowledge him more, the media would be all over it. It's just a shame that it has to come down to that. I, personally, believe that the guy who did what he did wasn't the same Benoit everyone knew and loved. I mean, before it happened, no one had a bad thing to say about Chris. It's just the years of wrestling, diving headbutts, unprotected chair shots, etc. led to a man who had the brain of an 80 year old with Alzheimer's. It's truly one of the biggest tragedies in wrestling.

MYKE: It really is. Let's lighten up the subject a bit though. And this next question is kind of long, so if you need to think about it, take your time. If you had the option of choosing to be involved with a wrestling company, whether that's being a wrestler, a manager, a commentator, a writer, etc.. etc.. (the list goes on and on) what company would you choose and why? What would you also do?

JUSTIN: I'd probably choose WWE for the simple fact that it's WWE. People may shit on the product so much these days, but it's still the biggest wrestling company in the world. As for what I'd do, as much as I'd love to be a wrestler, I don't ever see myself being able to do that. Even if I got into better shape, I don't think I could handle being in front of those huge crowds. I'd love to do something behind the scenes, though. Being part of the creative team would likely be my best bet, seeing as I've got a lot of experience with writing wrestling storylines thanks to eFedding.

MYKE: Well let's see how that'd go really quickly. If you could write a storyline, we don't need massive details, using the superstars WWE currently has available, who would be in it and what would the general premise of the storyline be? Feel free to change gimmicks or alignments.

JUSTIN: Hmm, let's see. One feud I'd like to see, personally, is Bray Wyatt going against Cesaro, so I'd book them against each other. The premise of the feud would likely be about Cesaro being wasted talent and Bray wanting to save him from the shackles he's been put in. Of course, Cesaro doesn't want anything to do with Bray and so Wyatt begins the beat downs and attacks in a "You dare defy me?" type of way. I'd like it to be a somewhat lengthy feud, possibly span three Pay Per Views with a win a piece, before Cesaro takes the tiebreaker.

MYKE: Now we'll see WWE do something like that, indicating that they've bugged one of our computers. Seriously though, I would like to see that feud.

JUSTIN: Yeah, it gives two great wrestlers a chance to shine in a main feud and could produce some great matches as well.

MYKE: Indeed. Have you attended any live-events? If yes, what were they?

JUSTIN: I've attended a single live event in my life. It was a RAW house show back in Pennsylvania. I don't remember the exact time but it was during the Beth Phoenix/Santino Marella couple storyline and that's all I remember about the show, them doing some stuff. I actually am planning on going to a few shows next year with Moose, however. Two Ring of Honor shows, one being a television taping and the other being Supercard of Honor, as well as WrestleMania 32 and possibly the following RAW.

MYKE: I hope you have fun with those. Should be fun, especially with Moose throwing money around like the world is his stripper-stage. One last question in terms of wrestling. Since you're a big Sasha Banks fan: do you think Sasha Banks will be relevant on the main roster, or do you think she should go back to NXT?

JUSTIN: I don't know. I want her to succeed on the main roster, but I feel like WWE is just going to drop the ball with her. She's winning the majority of her matches (which have been mainly against Paige), but there are some shows where she either only has a small appearance at ringside or doesn't even appear at all, while the former Team PCB members are getting most of the spotlight, along with Nikki. I don't get it. People were even chanting "We Want Sasha" during RAW not too long ago. Of course, if they get her, they'll just want someone else because a bunch of WWE fans are fuckholes, but still. Push her, WWE.

MYKE: That seems perfectly reasonable in my book. Unfortunately, I don't run WWE. So will they listen? Probably not. Here's to hoping. Onto the fed questions! Who was your first e-fed character?

JUSTIN: Thomas Barnez. Of course, his name was actually The Giant back then because lol originality. Although, in my defense, I didn't actually know Big Show used to wrestle as The Giant before then. Still, it was a generic name. I eventually found out about Big Show using that name in WCW and decided to give him an actual name.

MYKE: Who was your favorite e-fed character? (Meaning that you created)

JUSTIN: I'm not sure, exactly. I don't have too many characters that are truly unique or anything, I just use them in a way that is. For instance, Danny Diamond is basically your stereotypical arrogant ladies man. Thomas Barnez, the typical big guy who wrecks shit. Dominik, every Mexican stereotype out there. Etc. In terms of the character I enjoy using the most, I'd probably say Danny has been my favorite for a while now, although I've even grown tired of using him, hence me using Logan Wilson now. Danny's my most accomplished character, by far, and a lot of people tend to call him their favorite of my characters. Mirage, while technically not originally my character, is also a very fun one to use, but he's hard to work with because he's the type that always needs to one up himself, which is hard to do at this point with all of the stuff he's done.

MYKE: Good, well-thought answer. And it makes sense too. What is your favorite type of match to write?

JUSTIN: It used to be the typical, good ole' basic hardcore type matches. No disqualifications, falls count anywhere (but you're not expecting to go backstage and the such like in a Falls Count Anywhere match), all that good stuff. But after doing so many of them, I've begun to run dry on ideas for cool, innovative hardcore spots and those types of matches have been less and less fun for me to write. Now, I think just a basic singles match is my favorite. I prefer matches with high stakes, though. Main events, title matches, tournament finals. Stuff with a lot of close kickouts and the like. I still have good amounts of fun with those.

MYKE: Which e-fed character, out of ANY e-fed you have been part of, would you be scared to meet if they were real?

JUSTIN: So basically, who's the most terrifying eFed character I've seen? Well, my own Thomas Barnez would be up there due to his sheer size. Aside from Barnez, Ace Acid (and Mirage, for that matter) may not be big, but their mindsets and the shit they've done would make them absolutely horrifying if they were real.

MYKE: Yes, that's what I meant. If they were real and their gimmicks were real and you met them if you would essentially crap your pants or not. Not necessarily "Oh wow you're really tall" but "OH MY GOD PLEASE DON'T MURDER ME"

JUSTIN: Yup, the three of them would all fit that. Barnez, because of his size and sadistic ass attitude and Mirage/Acid for their straight up evilness. I would say Roach Cooper, since he's done some fucked up shit, but he's almost as small as Dominik Diveraz. I'm bigger than him, even.

MYKE: Speaking of Dominik Diveraz, here's a question I'm wondering and am probably not the only one: why "DD" for your characters? Coincidence? Obsession with DDs? What is it?

JUSTIN: Completely random. I like the double letter initials because they're catchy and whatnot, but the fact that I have two characters with DD is just a coincidence. I've also got JJ in Jarad Johnson.

MYKE: Darn. I thought I was onto something. Oh well. Thanks for clarifying! Now for the general XWA questions. How long have you been part of XWA? How did you come across XWA?

JUSTIN: I joined on, I believe it was June 22nd, 2010, so I've been there for over 5 years, including a few times I've left for one reason or another. I came across the site when Rob, on 2WWF, was asking if anyone had a link to XWA. It wasn't this one he was asking about, as none of us even knew about this place. It was some XWA that a former 2WWFer was on, this guy named Klutz. Lyxon went searching for XWA and found this one. He linked us to it (yes, we allowed people to link to sites. Bah Gawd!), thinking it was the one Rob wanted. I checked it out, despite it not being the place Rob was looking for, since it was a match-writing place.

MYKE: Have you ever been banned on XWA? If yes, for what?

JUSTIN: Yup. I think a few times, but most were because of randomness and I got unbanned shortly after. But there was one time, in 2011, the infamous Digg kills XWA moment. Digg came back after being absent for a while, I believe, and then he proceeded to unban all of the members that had been banned. A lot of people were upset about this, myself included, and I criticized him for that and other things I felt he was doing wrong while also telling him I was leaving to bring back 2WWF. This was when I was running Desire on XWA and everyone involved was loving it. Most of the Desire guys came over to 2WWF. Anyway, Digg banned me because I criticized him and because I said I was leaving anyway, so why not ban me? Also, I don't think I was banned during this other time, but Digg did once change my password, without informing me, because he wanted to read through my personal messages on the site. I ended up finding out because I couldn't log in, the password reset thing wasn't sending me an email and someone eventually suggested I try a specific password. It worked. Turns out Digg has done that before and that's the password he always used.

MYKE: This Digg seems like an awfully nice fella. Shame I never met him. What do you like most about XWA?

JUSTIN: The eFed, probably. Head 2 Head and PPV Slam are also really cool, but you don't really do much for them. They're kinda just something cool to participate in and you can win money, so fuck yeah. The eFed, while not in the shape it once was, is still my main reason for going onto the site. Although, I will admit, there's some stuff that puts me off even going on the site at all. But I need somewhere to do match-writing eFedding and there's not a whole lot of options. Funny

MYKE: We can always revive 2WWF for the 2382th time!

JUSTIN: If I honestly thought it would work and wouldn't just lead to a show or two before closing down, I'd legitimately consider doing that or just opening a new fed in general. But, there's no way I'd be able to get enough members for it if XWA doesn't even have that much in the fed. Besides, at this point, with how dead match-writing fedding is, we need all the match-writers out there in as less feds as possible.

MYKE: Very true. Who is your XWA best-friend?

JUSTIN: Hmm. There's three ways I can really answer this. Who is my best friend currently on XWA, who is my best friend I met on XWA or who is my best friend currently on XWA that I met on XWA. The first one would be Rob. I'd say he's my best friend on XWA currently right now. We Skype every now and again, talk in general almost daily, he's an awesome dude. Best friend I met from XWA is Rufus. Me and him are like brothers now, even though I fucking hate him half the time. Funny And then the best friend currently on XWA that I met on XWA would be ... Hmm. Tough one here. I'm trying to think of who I talk to and get along with the most. Probably be someone from our secret XWA Skype chat that's not-so-secret. Maybe Razor. He's good peoples. Honorable mentions, for all three options, would be Moose, you, Fuse, TJ, Ian and maybe Chilly/Mick/Kani/Those SIW/TNL folk who I don't talk to often but seem cool.

MYKE: Who do you miss the most that no longer comes onto the site? (Leave this for XWA-only, Not someone who was on 2WWF but never came to XWA)

JUSTIN: Well, there'd be Rufus, but I talk to him all the time any fucking way. Let's see. There was this guy, his name may have been Jack or Jake. I forgot. But he was cool. Maybe Kerri as well. A lot of the old girls were ehh, but she was pretty cool. I'm in an angle fed with her now, but we don't really ever talk to each other so yeah. I can't think of too many XWA members who I miss, honestly. There's a hell of a lot I don't miss or am glad that they're gone, but not so much vice versa.

MYKE: That's how I feel about my high school class, to be honest.

JUSTIN: Ha. Yeah, I get that.

MYKE: What is your favorite aspect of XWA?

JUSTIN: You already asked me what I like the most about XWA. Isn't this the same? Funny

MYKE: To be honest, I ask both to make sure the person is paying attention. You're the only one who hasn't failed. Chilly and Burdur both did. Good job.

Now that you've caught on, I need to change that question for future interviews.

JUSTIN: Fuck yeah, I am a bringer of change!

MYKE: Who do you miss the most from 2WWF and wish they would come here? Eddie counts because he randomly appeared and disappeared, sadly.

JUSTIN: Definitely Eddie, then. I don't know where he went off to this time, but I hope he's alright. Aside from him, there's Jeff (Ace Acid; who I have on FaceBook, but never really talk to), Australian Mike (Same situation), Shaun (Mikey Heartbreak; again, same situation), uhhhh. There's probably a whole heap I'm forgetting, but that's because I haven't talked to said heap in a long time. Oh, Ajith. I don't know where he's gone too.

MYKE: OH AJITH! I miss him. He was good company. I don't want this to turn into complete nostalgia though because the non-2WWF's would go "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GARBAGE?" So... How many forum usernames do you think you've had?

JUSTIN: About as many eFed characters as I've had. So, y'know, somewhere in the thousands.

MYKE: Ha. If you had the ability to road-trip with three XWA members, who would they be? They have to be from XWA.

JUSTIN: From XWA, but do they have to currently be there?

MYKE: They don't have to currently be

JUSTIN: Let's see. I would say Rufus and two others, but Rufus would probably just argue with the other two forever. Funny Alright, uhm ... Razor, TJ and maybe Ian as the final one. That sounds like it'd be a fun time.

MYKE: I feel like only three of you would come back. Hashtag XWA Survivor.

JUSTIN: If that's the case, Razor would be the one not coming back. He's too Mexican not to be the one getting killed off.

Oh, sorry, "Hispanic".

Damn Mexican has a problem with being called Mexican.

MYKE: Now I just think of all those Hispanic Batman vines. And I'm getting off subject. Last question! Where do you see XWA in five years?

JUSTIN: If it's going at the rate it's currently going, closed. Not to be pessimistic or anything, but that's just how I see it going. It's lived a lengthy run for a match-writing eFed. Now that it's branching out and focusing on stuff other than match writing, it may do better and may last longer, but you also gotta take into account stuff such as Dead still being an admin after all of the shit he's done, members leaving (you know in five years, the site will have a hell of a lot less of the current members, but will we be able to make that up with more new members? Not with how our advertising is going right now) and the such. I want XWA to succeed, both the eFed and the site, but it doesn't really look good when we're looking that far ahead. Hopefully this site will be able to prove me wrong, though.

MYKE: I appreciate your honesty. It helps the admin team... those that actually do things... try to come up with ways to keep members and gain new members.

JUSTIN: Yeah. I've always been very honest and vocal with how I feel XWA is doing since I joined the site. Some people hate me for it, others like it, but eh. I just want what's best for the site in the long run. Hopefully it's still going strong in five years, but you gotta be a realist.

MYKE: Thank you for your time Justin. Anything else you'd like to say?

JUSTIN: Fuck the free world and I'm a goofy goober.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 8:00 pm

XWAIM 3
Interviewee: Razor

MYKE: It's the one and only Razor! Thank you for joining me for this interview. Here's a nice easy question to get things rolling: How old are you and where do you live?

RAZOR: It's my honor to be here, yadda yadda yadda, small-talk and all that. No really, thanks for interviewing me! I am 20 years old, here's hoping it's near the end, and I live in Southern California right between two cities, Fontana and Ontario. Specific enough? Someone please stalk me.

MYKE: Fun fact everyone: I once tracked down Razor's exact address. So if anyone wants it, let me know! Because that's totally not creepy. So let's change the subject. What do you do for living?

RAZOR: Oh yeah I remember that. Don't give that out, I'd hate it if someone signed me up for gay porn again. Dammit mom.

I currently work at Jack in the Box - a fast food restaurant that your state probably doesn't have. I am hoping to work at Barnes and Noble, though. I would kill for that. Also, I'm planning on going back to school soon.

MYKE: School, eh? For what?

RAZOR: I was aiming for Computer Science. But considering I change my mind a lot, and very quickly, that could always change to something like Criminal Justice.

MYKE: Just like me. Literally. We're practically twins!

RAZOR: I knew it. I thought I killed you in the womb. But I never told anyone.

MYKE: And now everyone knows. Good going. Let's get back on track before people start trying to tie us together to being actual twins. What do your favorite hobbies include?

RAZOR: Right. I would hate for you to show me some love.

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows I love reading comic books. That's easily one of my favorite things to do. I like playing video games though I almost never have time to. Something else I do almost 24/7 is listen to music. I am listening to it as I type this, actually. I think the only time I'm not listening to music is when I'm asleep or at work. And even at work sometimes. But I'm not sure if that counts as a hobby.

MYKE: How do you feel about people who don't listen to music? I think they're demons. Or deaf, but that's biased.

RAZOR: I think that's a very fair assumption. I just don't see how people can not listen to music. It's soothing. No matter what the mood or occasion. If you're happy/upbeat/motivated/etc. there's music for it that will make you feel it even more. If you're upset, there's music for that. There's music for when you're driving around during the day, and there's music for when you're driving home from work at 3 AM

MYKE: That was more inspirational than I thought it would be, haha. Now it's time for a really... really... difficult question. (Probably not). We all know who you favorite superhero is... how about supervillain?

RAZOR: Oh that one's easy! Deathstroke the Terminator! It's actually pretty tight-knit between him and The Joker, but Slade is such a badass. Character-wise, he's the Batman of villains. He has a pretty sad life but yet he's a bad mo'fo. He's smart, he plans out his moves, and something that a lot of people seem to not know is that he DOES have powers. Similar to Spider-Man outside of web-slinging and climbing walls. He has enhanced senses, he can dodge machine gun bullets from like 10 guys at once and then get close enough to behead them in like 30 seconds. Sorry, I don't mean to ramble, Slade's just really awesome. I wish he got more attention but unfortunately, he's overshadowed by his parody in Deadpool.

MYKE: Who would win a fight then? Deadpool or Deathstroke?

RAZOR: Deathstroke, easy. They even have a comic where a guy with the same powers as Deadpool named Possum gets curbstomped really bad by Slade. Deadpool's cool too, but he's too goofy. Deathstroke takes his fights seriously, and he would end it pretty quick. I realize Deadpool is immortal, but there are more ways for Slade to win over just killing his opponents.

MYKE: Thanks for educating us all on that. Remember guys, Razor is the go-to-guy for any comic hero/villain needs.

RAZOR: And don't you forget it! Also, don't forget that if you get me started on comics, I'll never shut up.

MYKE: I have one last personal question for you before we move onto the wrestling portion. If you weren't going by your fed name, or going by "Batman" who would you be?

RAZOR: Well my original name was Sub-Zero based off the MK character, so I tend to use names of characters I like or something quirky. As far as a name that I'd stick with, I can't really think of one that comes to mind. I hate my IRL name so I wouldn't use that. Maybe "Count" as that was my original internet name on Topix before Sub-Zero.

MYKE: "Count"?

RAZOR: It was based off Count Olaf from Lemiony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" - which I had just finished reading. I tend to really like the villains in everything and generally associate myself on that side.

MYKE: Ahhh. That makes sense. Alright. Time for the wrestling questions! Who is your current favorite wrestler? And why?

RAZOR: Well, Seth Rollins is doing a lot of awesome stuff right now and he's been my favorite since The Shield split, but I am also very fond of his former Shield brethren Dean Ambrose. The character is just really awesome.

That said, someone that is really going up high on my list recently is Kevin Owens. The dude is ridiculously talented. It wouldn't be farfetched to say he's my favorite. Plus, it helps that his attitude is kinda how I am IRL lol. So it's a toss up between those three, but if I had to choose, Seth.

MYKE: I feel like I know the answer to this next question. But I'm still going to ask. Who is your all-time favorite wrestler? And why?

RAZOR: This is also a toss up. Most people think it's Undertaker because of how much of a fanboy I am for him, but honestly, Punk is a hard tie with him. I love CM Punk. I love everything about CM Punk. Taker is awesome from a wrestling POV (and he seems like a badass in real life too) and he kinda resembles Batman as a character (dark, respected, loves using intimidation, etc.) so overall, he is really awesome. That said, CM Punk is an amazing human being. Yes, he's an asshole. Yes, he has a loud mouth. That's all true. But he's also very passionate about what he believes and he isn't afraid to say it. Punk is possibly the only 'celebrity' I'd ever consider a role model. I kinda look up to Punk, and I always have. Back in 8th grade when I first started watching and Punk was a face on SD! doing the whole "Straight Edge" thing (as a face, not the SES), I looked up to him and it was one of my motivations for not doing drugs or any of that. Of course, times change and now I smoke cigarettes and occasionally drink, but now I see him as a role model in how to handle things. To speak out. To not take things or be fake just to get what you want, but actually say it and fight for it and demand it. Say what you mean, don't take shit from anybody regardless of who they are, and say it like it is. That's CM Punk. Plus, he's a punker, which I am as well, and he's just awesome overall. For that reason, I could say CM Punk is my favorite wrestler. If I were a wrestler, I'd want to be CM Punk.

MYKE: Your answers are really well-thought out. And I was completely expecting you to say Undertaker. But I love what you had to say about Punk. Very nice answer. This next one is kind of long. If you need time to think about your answer, go ahead. If you had the option of choosing to be involved with a wrestling company, whether that's being a wrestler, a manager, a commentator, a writer, etc.. etc.. (the list goes on and on) what company would you choose and why? What would you also do?

RAZOR: I would definitely choose WWE. WWE is not only my favorite company, but the biggest as well. I don't think I'd enjoy being tied down to one arena like most indies.
That said, I would definitely want to be a wrestler. Being a wrestler is such a 'dream job.' But I don't like doing things I know I wont be good at. Considering I'm a pretty heavy smoker and I stopped doing anything athletic like years ago, I don't think I'd be able to do it. But I would love to do something in wrestling. I feel like I could totally have the mic skills for it.

MYKE: Have you attended any live-events? If yes, what were they?

RAZOR: Yes, I have only been to one and it was last month. My first ever WWE show and it was great. the thing is, they were having two shows. One right down the street from me, the other one in Texas. The Texas one had a really stacked show with a ton of stars (All three members of the Shield, Paige, Orton, etc.) whereas we got Jericho, Owens, and a bunch of mid carders. This was because Cena was supposed to be at our show, but this show was 4 days after he broke his nose on RAW, so he wasn't able to go. Luckily, the show was very stacked in terms of mid-card talent. Sure, we didn't have those "big names" aside from Y2J and maybe even Owens, but we did have New Day vs. PTP, Sasha Banks and Naomi vs. The Bellas, Cesaro vs. Barrett, a squash match between Rusev and R-Truth, and several other big mid carders. So it was great overall. Plus, being around so many other wrestling fans I didn't know existed in my area, being able to partake in the chants. I mean, seeing those chants on TV every week is one thing, but getting to be there and actually be a part of it... holy crap it was awesome. I even started a "Run Owens Run" chant cause he kept running from Y2J (as they were gonna have a steel cage match). Overall, great show.

MYKE: Haha. Certainly sounds like it was fun. Good for you. And the final wrestling question: if you could book the Main Survivor Series Match at the Survivor Series PPV which, I believe takes place after Hell in a Cell, who would be involved in it? You can also include NXT superstars.

RAZOR: I like that you mentioned that last part. Because though it may be a little early, I would love to see an NXT vs. WWE SS match.

Finn Balor, Tyler Breeze, Tye Dillinger (Or Hideo Itami if he's cleared by then), Apollo Crews, and Baron Corbin vs. Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Randy Orton, Cesaro, and Ryback. Or anything of that nature, as long as we get an NXT vs. WWE storyline sometime. (Not a Nexus v2 though).

MYKE: That would be beautiful. And you included Apollo Crews. So good choices. Now onto e-fed related questions. Who was your first e-fed character?

RAZOR: I'm just gonna say it. The Dominator. Oh my god. He was LITERALLY Satan. Not even joking. Pic base was the monster from Legend or whatever that show's called. The giant red thing with wings and horns. I don't know how I got away with that. I ended up bringing Razor by explaining that The Dominator was just a robotic suit and Razor was controlling it inside. He took off the suit, and he debuted. What a debut. Later on, years later, Razor was out for a while so I brought back The Dominator but instead he was pic based off V from V for Vendetta and he was still Razor in disguise.

MYKE: I uh. I don't know how to respond to The Dominator. How old were you?

RAZOR: Roughly 12-13.

MYKE: Okay. That makes it better. Who was your favorite e-fed character? Or gimmick of one?

RAZOR: Oh I've had many. Without jerking myself off since I liked a lot of Razor's gimmicks, DC Hennig comes to mind, for one. David Michaels was awesome, I don't care if it didn't seem "super original!" it was a good gimmick. Mirage and Shade are cool cause I like 'crazy' gimmicks. Caleb Spires of course, but I would like him more if he were more of a flat-out baby face since he is the "face of XWA" (essentially our Rock/Cena/Hogan), but honestly, most characters are good and bring something new. And then there's John Blade.

MYKE: Thanks for that haha. I accidentally left out "of your characters". Want to answer that too?

RAZOR: Sure! Well I've had a lot, but the only ones I'm particularly proud of are Smoke, Razor, and Maddox Paine. Smoke and Maddox have had one gimmick each (aside from Maddox turning face), and I loved both of them. Smoke is something I'm very proud of, especially since a lot of great fedders have given me props for that character. Razor has had a ton of gimmicks. My favorite ones were his crazy Joker-type gimmick right before he left, and the one I have right now with him being a douchey outspoken 'pipebomb' type. (I guess Punk is a good pic base for him.) - it also helps that he's backing it up by becoming the longest reigning WHC soon.

MYKE: We'll see about that. I mean, yeah! Good answer! What is your favorite type of match to write?

RAZOR: Dick. Funny

Uhh, I love singles matches. But after a while they get boring. Out of stipulation matches, I love regular No-DQ matches and Ladder matches. So many spots you can think up for either without going completely overboard, which is a pet peeve of mine. I don't like going super overboard with my stip matches. I like to keep things simple and win via good writing and not a big buttload of stips lol.

MYKE: I must be the only one who loves stipulations everywhere. Oh well. Which e-fed character, out of ANY e-fed you have been part of, would you be scared to meet if they were real?

RAZOR: Oh don't get me wrong, I love a good stipulation every here and there. But on average, I prefer simpler matches. It helps me be able to be creative with my spots as I have a better idea of what it is. I'll take a no DQ, singles, Last man standing, steel cage match over a barbed wire sea of thumbtacks electrified barbed wire tables match anyday.
Oh pshh, easily Mirage or Shade. After reading of some of the shit they've done, I'm surprised they haven't been arrested. Or executed. I like my pets, thank you very much.

MYKE: Oh Shade is completely harmless. Totally. Honest. Why "Razor" and not something like "Shaver" or "Headclipper" or "Iridocyclitis"?

RAZOR: I considered "Iridocyclitis" but I realized it doesn't roll off the tongue as well. Also, the origins of Razor aren't very creative. I wanted an Edge-type character so I thought of a name similar to Edge and Razor was the first thing that came to mind. Originally, his name was just going to be Razor and that was going to be all, but I was doing my homework at the time while making him and my pen had "Xtream" (yes spelled that way IIRC) on it and I thought "HEYYY!!! I SHOULD BE COOL AS FUCK AND CALL HIM RAZOR XTREME!" and that is the origin of his name. Not the fucking scooter.

MYKE: Very interesting. Now I know. I hope this is news to others as well. But probably not. I'm always left outta the loop. That concludes the e-fed questions. Now for the final set: XWA as a whole. How long have you been part of XWA? How did you come across XWA?

RAZOR: I have been with XWA since November 7, 2008. Only like 5 months after it opened. How did I find it? Ooh! Storytime! So I was an annoying kid going around the internet in 2006 (I was 11), but I just frequented Mortal Kombat forums and DBZ and etc. So then my sister got really into Hannah Montana and would always be playing her music and I hated it (I was more of a metalhead. Ozzy, AC/DC and the mainstream stuff like that), so I googled "Hannah Montana Sucks" and the first thing that came up was a Topix thread. I started going on Topix a lot under the name of "Count" and I was there for a good while before changing to "Sub-Zero." Eventually I got bored and left, even though I had a few e-friends on there that I miss. So then I got into WWE later and eventually visited Topix and I was going around there and found Topix WWE, so I thought it'd be cool to jump in. It sucked a lot of cock. However there were a lot of cool people on there. Mick, Ian, Digg (please don't kill me), JHalc, Mega, Saintpat etc. and Digg had a bunch of links to XWA that he'd always spam. Me and Mega hated each other (as did me and anyone else pretty much) so when I joined, he tried getting me to leave. Some guy that joined named Onyx made us stop fighting, we became friends, and the rest is history.

MYKE: So it's all because of your hatred for Hannah Montana that you're here.

RAZOR: Exactly. Thank you Hannah.

MYKE: Have you ever been banned on XWA? If yes, for what?

RAZOR: Several times jokingly, only once for real but it was only for like a day. I remember that, actually. Digg had been away for a few days (this was in like early 2011 when I left.) there was a big fight between me and 2WWF (I'm sure you remember that) and I felt like everyone turned on me so I started going off on everyone. Now, at this time, I wasn't an admin... officially. Digg gave me admin powers without telling anyone cause he wanted me to have power but not be on the team since I didn't wanna be an official admin. But we didn't tell anyone, so no one else knew that. I started going on a tirade and the only admins online were JHalc and Ruro, so I took away their power without them knowing cause they suggested I got banned for some of my arguments IIRC. I demoted a lot of people and said "wait for Digg to decide on this" - I forgot what ended up happening, but I was unbanned like maybe a few hours after I was finally banned and I decided to just quit.

MYKE: So... don't piss off Razor. Is the moral of the story

RAZOR: Haha. Meh, I've learned to use control above all. My last big argument is something I'd rather not bring up, but since then, I've learned to just ignore things. In a way, it's counter-productive cause I don't get to speak my mind on a lot of things and I find the need to ignore a lot of threads instead of commenting, but I figure it's better than me going on a full-tirade mode again. Although maybe it's time to start caring again? suspicious I assume everyone's gonna start quitting though. That's what usually happens.

MYKE: We don't want that to happen. And let's change the atmosphere of this conversation to something happier. What do you like most about XWA?

RAZOR: Easy, the members. There are a very very very small few that I don't really tend to talk to much or get along with, but for the most part, the members here are excellent. Everyone - no matter how bad they may be - brings something new to the table. It'd be boring if we were all the same people. I think it's great to have a forum as diverse as ours with a ton of different people while still keeping it a tight-knit community. You don't see that at many other places. When you go on a place like Reddit, you don't get to see the same people very often, you don't build friendships and relationships like you do on here. We're all a big dysfunctional family. I like it. I know that after a long day of work or life beating me down, I can always come on the forum to the same familiar faces where we can talk about dumb stuff and everyone brings their own opinions to the discussion and at the end of the day, despite any petty fights, we're all friends.

MYKE: That's incredible gay. I mean touching. Since you mentioned friendship: who is your XWA best-friend?

RAZOR: It's really hard to choose, since I don't have one specific person, but more of a group of best friends. It's the guys on Skype. Ian, Myke, Snoopz, TJ, Fuse, Moose, Abdel, etc. But if I HAD HAD HAD to pick just one, Ian. He knows more about me than just about anyone else on the forum. I love that guy, even if he hates my stinkin' guts. but for the most part, I like everybody, I just have a few favorites.

MYKE: Ian, our lord and saviour, to be honest. Who do you miss the most that no longer comes onto the site?

RAZOR: Mega. Which is funny cause I was part of the reason he left in the first place, so we didn't exactly leave on good terms. He was very uptight about a lot of things but he knew what he was doing. I'd like to see him back, just to catch up with him again,
If not him, then definitely Undertaken. One of my original best friends on the site. I miss that kid. The worst part is, we don't even know what happened to him. This was before we all had connections to each other outside the site, and considering he never showed any signs of wanting to leave the site and he was always in love with the site, I find it surprising he just up and disappeared. It's like, one day he's on the site, dedicating his time and effort, he's on there posting constantly, he was an admin and a top fedder... then all of a sudden he disappeared. I genuinely wonder what happened to him. The Youtube account he had is also full of weird spam that I don't think is him. For all I know, he could've died, and that thought makes me really sad so I try to just pretend he decided to quit randomly and changed his life around.

MYKE: That is really weird. I should use my creeping hacking skills to find out. But I also don't want to pry. What do you think makes XWA different from other wrestling forums?

RAZOR: I would honestly love for you to pry. I REALLY want to know what became of him, it bugs me a lot to not know that.

Like I said, the community. Not just for the uniqueness of the members, but also because we don't have 100000 daily active members that all post every day so you don't really get to know anyone. Plus, we are all very dedicated. We would've died a long time ago if we didn't have the type of dedicated members that we do.

MYKE: Since you're Head GM, do you want the fed at the top of the forum?

RAZOR: I want it on the top of the damn URL. That's the only way to generate attention!

MYKE: Indeed. Do you enjoy being an admin?

RAZOR: I do. Although sometimes I feel like I don't do enough because I don't know WHAT to do. Sometimes I also don't know how to respond to certain things without causing a fight so I ignore it. I wish I could do more than I do now, but honestly - and I'm not saying this to jerk myself off - I do think I belong on the team and I can't see myself not being an admin.

MYKE: Do you ever think you would want to be Head Admin?

RAZOR: Oh absolutely not. The only way I'd ever consider that is if I were to have the maturity level I have now and the dedication level I had in 09. I was an immature douche in 09, but I was a dedicated immature douche. Now, I'm a lot more mature and can handle things better, but I don't have much dedication. Or time.

MYKE: It sucks growing up.

RAZOR: Ohhhh yeah. I hate it lol.

MYKE: And the final question. And be honest, even if it's negative. Where do you see XWA in five years?

RAZOR: Honestly. The same way it is right now, or maybe a little better. People don't seem to get that XWA has been this way for a very long time. People always think the site is going to die for one reason or another. That it's "for sure gonna die this time." and then a few months later it gets much much better for a period, then it crashes again and everyone "Oh it's dead for sure now." - no. As long as we're around, the site isn't dead. Even if we have like 5 people going on there, eventually we'll have 10. and 20, and 30, and 40. Then 5 again, and then 10 and 20 and 30. That always happens. It always has happened and always will happen. I don't see the site shutting down anytime soon.

MYKE: Good. I like that answer. That concludes the interview. Anything else you'd like to add?

RAZOR: Yeah. This was insanely fun. I haven't been interviewed on here since Saintpat's interview, which had to have been years ago. Thanks for this, I enjoyed it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Giggity Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Giggity Gopher

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Dem interviews, tho. Shoutouts in Storey and Razor's. Cool

Good work again, Myke. Shame you'll be stepping down, but at least PPV Slam will be continuing.

Damn Sam
Icon
Damn Sam

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 1:09 am

"Easy, the members. There are a very very very small few that I don't really tend to talk to much or get along with, but for the most part, the members here are excellent. Everyone - no matter how bad they may be - brings something new to the table. It'd be boring if we were all the same people. I think it's great to have a forum as diverse as ours with a ton of different people while still keeping it a tight-knit community. You don't see that at many other places. When you go on a place like Reddit, you don't get to see the same people very often, you don't build friendships and relationships like you do on here. We're all a big dysfunctional family. I like it. I know that after a long day of work or life beating me down, I can always come on the forum to the same familiar faces where we can talk about dumb stuff and everyone brings their own opinions to the discussion and at the end of the day, despite any petty fights, we're all friends."

Awwwwwwww <3

Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:14 am

THEM DEAD DISSES, THO.

Great job as usual, props for the triple interview.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 2:08 pm

65 views and 3 replies.

Thank

Bruh......
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 2:20 pm

I enjoyed it, as per usual. How you could be bothered doing three interviews, is beyond me lol clap

The Dead bit wasn't necessary imo, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Big Boss wrote:
The Dead bit wasn't necessary imo, but whatever.

Having him as an admin isn't necessary imo (and the many opinions of others), but whatever.

Wacko Jacko Happy Dance xparis lololololol s-pat

Confirmed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 10:45 am

Great interview Storey
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 10:55 am

realt wrote:
Great interview Storey

So the other two weren't great or did you just decide to not read them because of your disdain towards them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 10:59 am

@Myke wrote:
realt wrote:
Great interview Storey

So the other two weren't great or did you just decide to not read them because of your disdain towards them?

More or less yes
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 11:48 pm

I enjoyed all three interviews greatly, and the PPV Slam recount was nice and professional looking. Smile

In particular, I learned a lot from the ones with Mark and Razor, and a couple of things from the one with Justin.

(Btw, right back at you, Snoopz. <3 )

I did start to read the stuff about H2H, and it did seem very professionally done (especially Chilly's leaderboard graphic), but I'm not a fan of football and found myself skipping it. No offense. ^^;
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 11:50 pm

@Rob wrote:
I enjoyed all three interviews greatly, and the PPV Slam recount was nice and professional looking. Smile

In particular, I learned a lot from the ones with Mark and Razor, and a couple of things from the one with Justin.

I did start to read the stuff about H2H, and it did seem very professionally done (especially Chilly's leaderboard graphic), but I'm not a fan of football and found myself skipping it. No offense. ^^;

Chilly's H2H isn't football... lol. It's wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 11:51 pm

@Myke wrote:
@Rob wrote:

Chilly's H2H isn't football... lol. It's wrestling.
I was just en route to edit my own post and poke fun at that. Justin just told me. I made mistaken assumptions Funny
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 3:25 am

Good job I ain't a fan of American Handball either then Funny

But thanks for the compliments. Remember to skip Burdur's bit next time, as he does the Fantasy Handball and ,well, it's Burdur Cool
Back to top Go down
Darth Dante
Show Opener
Darth Dante

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:13 pm

I guess I didn't turn 22 in August.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:20 pm

That should actually should say September.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks, Chilly.

I just copy and paste it and forgot to change that.

Dante - You were mentioned in this one: http://xwauniverse.forumotion.com/t28355-september-2015-newsletter

But I guess you didn't read the birthdays in that one because you were too distraught over Razor not getting to do the e-fed section. Like this time, you're just distraught because you thought I forgot you. I didn't.
Back to top Go down
Damn Sam
Icon
Damn Sam

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 6:49 pm

Big Boss wrote:

But thanks for the compliments. Remember to skip Burdur's bit next time, as he does the Fantasy Handball and ,well, it's Burdur Cool
I'm more offended by you calling it handball than that last part. Bruh......

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 3:13 am

Bit late, but three awesome interviews. It was a great read and I enjoyed them.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*   October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION* EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 4:37 am

Burder wrote:
Big Boss wrote:

I'm more offended by you calling it handball than that last part. Bruh......

Good Bruh......
Back to top Go down

October 2015 Newsletter *SPECIAL EDITION*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: Forum Headquarters :: Forum Announcements :: Newsletters-