HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rangers chairman wants to ring in the old

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Rangers chairman wants to ring in the old Empty
PostSubject: Rangers chairman wants to ring in the old   Rangers chairman wants to ring in the old EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 9:48 am

Dave King has revealed he plans to bring the Rangers oldco out of liquidation in a bid to end taunts about the Ibrox outfit being a new side.

Newco chairman King insists it is possible to lift the company which formerly owned the club out of cold storage - so long as he can strike a deal with creditors left £50million out of pocket.

If he succeeds, it would end a three-year nightmare sparked by former owner Craig Whyte's disastrous reign.

King told several national newspapers: "We have a vision going forward where I would like to see us taking Oldco out of liquidation and putting assets back into Oldco - putting Rangers back into the old company. We can't do it while all this stuff is being sorted out.

"It would be a good thing to do. It would be back to the traditional Rangers. I think the supporters would like it. It is not economically important but it is something I would like to do. It would provide a sense of closure.

"You can never rewind what has happened but in 100 years' time you might look back and say there was a blip of four or five years in Rangers' history when this all happened and it was resolved to the norm again.

"It is practically feasible and legally feasible. We just have to get in the position where the liquidators have done everything they can. The club can then be rehabilitated."

Rival fans have subjected the Light Blues faithful to a torrent of jibes since their team was forced to start again in the bottom tier of Scottish football in the summer of 2012.

Now King - himself a creditor of oldco who is owed £1.4million - hopes to hush those chants by rescuing the oldco.

He added: "It's an emotional thing as well with the supporters. They hear all this, 'You're not Rangers any more'. And, 'You are a new club.'

"We just want to put all that behind us and say we had this unwanted period and now we are back to where we were. I think it would be a good thing."
Back to top Go down

Rangers chairman wants to ring in the old

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1