HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings Empty
PostSubject: Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings   Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:56 pm

Match 1
Ace Andrews vs Riley Williamson

Result: Riley Williamson wins via no show. Ace Andrews is fired as he hasn't shown for any of his matches. Congrats Riley, and if you'd like any feedback, just let me know and I'll get back to you asap.

Match 2
Xtreme Icon vs James Best
Grader: Razor

James Best: I liked the reference to Best not winning the MDC. Good characterization right off the bat with Best taking the step back instead of actually competing. Also I enjoyed the arm-lock into a headlock cause of Best out-wrestling the brawler. I had to re-read that second bit cause your writing for that was purely descriptive haha. "This was no fairytale" - good line, especially after the Alice in Wonderland reference. Also good segue with the MMA thing since both characters do have that background. Jesus, Caine. As I read more and more of this match, I can say I am very impressed. I feel like you're finally trying again. I always saw a lot of praise for you and I always wanted to see it and I can see it in this match. With writing like this, you should be much higher on the card. However, you do need to be more consistent with your showing. That, and maybe actually writing what the move was cause your description is really good so I had to re-read some stuff haha. Aside from that, I can honestly say this match was pretty near perfect. You had a great, technical start. You lead into spots like the pop-up powerbomb to the apron, you had the MMA reference for both men, and I never found myself getting bored while reading your match. Please, do more like this. If you can do something like this for a match in the second slot of the card, you're capable of doing even better things higher on the card. Great counter-finisher ending to top off this very good match. Your writing seemed a sliiiight bit rushed at the end compared to the rest of it, but overall, excellent job, Caine. I am proud of you. Keep it up.

Icon: Best rolling out of the ring was heel 101, nice. Following up on that, the whole 'face chases heel and opportunistic heel attacks face as face enters ring behind them' is excellent. I love it. Your writing is getting much better and I love how great you're portraying Best as a bad guy. That said, you could still use a liiiittle more work when it comes to your actual writing. You're doing a great job of finally improving though. Some parts of the match in the middle had me re-reading it several times. After reading the rest of it, it was a great match, and a very good effort. You could have used a few more spots, but your match was actually very good and I am impressed with you for it. Keep improving and there's definitely a spot for you at the top. I am glad to see that you are finally improving.

Result: Although both of you had a very good effort, I am giving this to James Best. Icon, you put on a surprisingly excellent effort and I am very proud of you. Please continue to improve and you will definitely be good. Your characterization, general mat-stuff was very well done, classic face vs heel antics, but Best did the same just a little better. Also, you could have used a few more spots, like Best did. Overall, I thank you both for great submissions, and I wish you both luck.

Match 3
Lionheart Title Match
Shade vs Greg Samuel
Grader: Abdelrahman

Shade: Well... What a match. One of the funniest things I've read all week. Yet even though it was funny, you still had great action, and your match was still good in general. I loved how fast-paced the match was, from start to finish. Seemed realistic and reasonable for a street fight. The whole thing with the sign just tore me up (all puns intended). The women's locker room part was pretty good, with Shade running away angrily because there was no women. The whole thing with Dante seemed a bit.. pointless, to be frank. I'm glad you didn't have him actually hitting anybody, though, wouldn't have made any sense. The finishing spot was incredible, really symbolized what a street fight was all about. Even though you said you didn't take this seriously (and it lacked a bit in description) I still find it was a pretty good match. Well done.

Greg: Unlike Shade you started out with slow-paced action, with Greg locking in the Gory Special from the start of the match. I can't help but wonder why didn't you use Samael? Could've been a great help to your action. Your characterization of Shade wasn't really on point, to be honest. You didn't have a lot of hardcore stuff going for you, and I feel if you utilized the stipulation more to have both characters use different tools and weapons, your action could've been better. Your selling was pretty good, and your description was decent as well, but your match just didn't flow well for some reason, and I can see you rushed it a lot at the end. The ending spot was pretty cool, though. Not your best effort, and you probably know that.

Result: I think it's obvious I preferred Shade's match. I feel like he utilized the stipulation better, as the street fight is all about action and he much, much better action. Even though I feel as Greg did well in terms of description, he didn't seem like he put much effort into the match, as it was apparent he rushed it towards the end. I'm very glad you both showed, however, and congratulations for your win Myke.

Match 4
XWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Razor Xtreme (c) vs. E.G. Deal
Grader: Pygmy aka Decep

Deal: Your description is good. Admittedly, it could be a bit better. It isn't bad at all, but it still has potential to improve. I guess what I'm saying is to be more consistent with it. There are some parts where it's really good e.g. "Deal collapses like a set of bricks, as he falls down next to the ropes, his hand covering his skull." So don't look at it as bad. Characterization is alright, you show some of it at the start but I don't really see any add ons so far, especially in Deal's case. Your selling could use a tad bit more depth, as well. See, this : "as Deal stands against the ladder completely out of it, his mouth open and his eyes almost rolling to the back of his head" was great. Not long after your next sell was pretty alright : "The power of this perfectly-executed maneuver forces Deal to sit down". You have your crowd reactions down, though. Something I admire since I always forget about adding those in. Those really help with the investment of the reader. You could've wrote in Deal having a breather after the Ladder Powerbomb spot just to make it a tad realistic. Try and keep the damage given by spots in check throughout the match. You don't have to reference them every event after said spot, but having them in for a short while after it will help with a match's drama. "That weapon shit." lol. You have great action and a great mind for spots, though. The storytelling is great by the end, though. The slugfest and Deal's chair shots + rants. The endgame Maddox Shenanigans. Nice Chekhov's Gun use with the stacked tables. A great match from you, Abdel.

Razor: Your pace is a bit faster compared to the other posts of yours I've read, it's understandable due to personal shit; and it isn't really too big of a problem. Description's still good, albeit a bit less better than your usual, but still really good and consistent. Your selling isn't as consistent, though. The storytelling is pretty entertaining with both men having a tendency to boast about. The lack of nicknames kind of takes me out of it just a tad. Fucking ending was obnoxious in kayfabe, but I've expected that from Razor. The action was great, characterization of Deal could've been better though. You still established him as one dominant motherfucker throughout the match. Great match as well.

Result: Shit. Really close matches, guys. Razor had better consistency and description. Abdel had better action and selling. The deciding factor for me would be storytelling/characterization, which Razor edged out in. So I'm giving this match to Razor Xtreme. Holy shit, though. Really, really close. I actually had to think the verdict through a bit of times before deciding on who won. Really close match, and I hope this isn't the last time Abdel faces Razor. Great posts, guys.

Match 5 - Main Event
Million Dollar Chamber
Mark Storey vs Ryan Quill vs Azrael vs Chris Dolmeth vs John Blade vs Dante Cross
Grader: Razor

Ok, so. Meth and Broski. Both of you posted a tiny amount. If no one else had showed, I would have graded those in comparison anyway. But since it's obviously going to come down to Dante or Storey, for the sake of saving time, I'll grade their matches. If either of you would like feedback for your posts, I will give it to you individually. I thank you both for posting whatever you did have anyway instead of just completely no showing, but since it's obvious by Storey and Dante's posts that they aren't going to be beaten by a half-post or a very tiny post, I won't be grading your matches. Once again, if you'd like feedback on what you did post, just let me know. Now, on to the gradings.

Dante: Your writing is still just as good as it's always been. Which is expected from a writer. Your story telling right off the bat was good. I know Blade isn't very good, but having him getting eliminated in the first like 30 seconds sounds kinda... meh. Although I do like how it was used to create the heat between Dante and Storey. You change from present tense to past tense a lot, but nothing wrong with it, just pointing it out. I like the pin not being counted cause his foot is under the rope. I just like little things like that cause it makes the match seem more legitimate. You're still as good as you've always been and I can tell you tried really hard in this match. So far the only complaint I can come up with is that you definitely vary when it comes to your description. Some parts of the match are really well-written, some of them seem just thrown in there. Dolmeth and Dante working together to take out Storey. A match made in heaven. Aaaand it's gone. I was going to complain that you don't have many spots, but you have an ok amount so far. In a match of this stipulation, you wanna use it more. Do more with it. I am having a hard time picturing the second rope flapjack from Quill to Azrael. Azrael came off as kinda weak before his elimination. Reading further on, no complaints. I like that Storey and Dante are the last two. Kinda fitting seeing as you two are the only ones that actually showed. I know you wrote "lungblower attack" but I would like to have seen a description for the Misdirected Misfortune cause I am having a hard time picturing it done the way you used it. The ending seemed rushed but it also seemed very well done. I would have liked to have seen a little more description there, too. All in all, it was a great match but it did have its' flaws. You're very good and I'm tired of people not acknowledging that. If you were more consistent, you'd do great.

Storey: Nice intro with every competitor of the match getting some presentation. I legit lol'd at reading "Big Match John" - as I forgot that's Blade's actual nickname. You, like Dante - eliminated Blade really early on. Since both of you did it, I assume it's better off that way then. I love your description. The shattered dreams sequence was excellent, as I was wondering what you meant and then you came out with it. Azrael predicting Dolmeth would be next was really awesome. I'm assuming the Young Bucks are in this match cause of the back-to-back Superkicks? You made Azrael look very strong in this match, good going. I liked the double-pin to eliminate him. Awesome spot with Azrael throwing Dolmeth through the glass into Quill. Interesting with Storey getting hurt and potentially ruining his MAS finisher. I love the classic "Fresh guy beats everyone up" feel with Dante. More Azrael, nice. Hopefully that sets up Quill vs Azrael. Awwww I was really hoping to see Dante vs Storey as the last two men since he did the same in his match and you two were the only ones that showed, but cant ding you for that haha. The ending seems rushed and not rushed at the same time. I can understand an ending where the opponent is being distracted and loses, but it seemed a little rushed too. Either way, it wasn't bad. I do like that you had Storey win without using his MAS finisher since you stayed true to the beginning when he hurt his arm. Overall this was an excellent match and I can now see why you get the praise you do. You - without a doubt at all - belong in the main event.

Result: Believe it or not, despite the gradings sounding like it's otherwise, this was a very hard verdict to make. I re-read my notes and thought about it, but it seems pretty evident that Storey won here. Dante put in an excellent effort and if a few of the errors were fixed, he could have taken this. Both of you should be proud, and I can see both of you in the main event.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad

Last edited by Batman on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings   Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 7:57 pm

Gradings have been posted.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings   Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 7:58 pm

I apologize for the tardiness, at this point, most of you know why this was. It won't happen again.

On a more positive note; You should all be very proud of yourselves. We only had one match end with a no show victory. This is an excellent improvement, good job to all of you.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Storey
Show Opener
Storey

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings   Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Thanks for the feedback Razor. I agree that my ending seemed rushed, I wanted to make it seem shocking and also a debate between whether it was a fluke or Storey's intelligence and by design. I too hope for an Azrael/Quill continuation, I enjoyed writing the story between them Big Grin! I'm glad you enjoyed the post and well done everyone for the turn-out!
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings   Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 9:29 pm

You did a great job man. I am terrified to have to face you now. Funny Storey v Razor v ??? (KoX winner) XM main event? suspicious

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings   Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 12:24 am

Storey wrote my char better than I did

Last time someone did that was Ruro, when I was still starting.

Lmao props to Storey
Back to top Go down
Storey
Show Opener
Storey

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings   Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 10:02 am

Pygmy wrote:
Storey wrote my char better than I did

Last time someone did that was Ruro, when I was still starting.

Lmao props to Storey

Thanks for the compliment! Big Grin!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings   Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings Empty

Back to top Go down

Revolutionary Wars 2015 Gradings

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1