HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by. Empty
PostSubject: So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by.   So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by. EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Kimmel recently has been bashing gamers and people who watch sites like YouTube Gaming and Twitch. This is just another sad example of people in television refusing how new media is effecting the industry. Kimmel saying what he has said proves that his show is for the 40+ audience and should be treated as such, with ads for diarrhea pills and colon cleanses. It's sad to me that someone like Kimmel feels the need to bash people who want to watch personalities play video games. I don't judge someone who wants to watch reality television, even though it's not what I would want to watch. Nor would I judge someone who wants to watch Jimmy Kimmel's show, even though he's not my top priority in the entertainment landscape. So for someone to look at something and write it off so quickly on proves the ignorance and unwillingness to adapt and change, an unwillingness that will kill his career.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by.   So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by. EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:39 pm

Jimmy Kimmel sucks regardless. He's ignorant to the popularity of the gaming field but I actually found his view on it to be pretty funny. And he's rarely ever funny.

Conan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com

PostSubject: Re: So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by.   So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by. EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 5:26 pm

Conan is the shit.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by.   So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by. EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 5:30 pm

People are seriously overreacting to this. He didn't get what was fun about it so he made some jokes on a show where he constantly makes jokes about things. He even did a follow up where he talked to Markiplier and Jonna Mae and they educated him a bit on it. Not everyone (especially people his age) understand what's fun about watching people play games. That's no reason to jump all over him and treat him like he's fucking Satan now. There were thousands of people saying they hope he gets cancer and the such. It's fucking ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg

PostSubject: Re: So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by.   So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by. EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 5:34 pm

Leif Cassidy wrote:
People are seriously overreacting to this. He didn't get what was fun about it so he made some jokes on a show where he constantly makes jokes about things. He even did a follow up where he talked to Markiplier and Jonna Mae and they educated him a bit on it. Not everyone (especially people his age) understand what's fun about watching people play games. That's no reason to jump all over him and treat him like he's fucking Satan now. There were thousands of people saying they hope he gets cancer and the such. It's fucking ridiculous.
I agree that some people took it way too far but I don't think anything I said was unreasonable. My main point in all of this is that just because you don't see the entertainment in something, you don't have to take the piss out of it. That's alienating to a portion of your audience that wants to enjoy your product and the product you are shitting on.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by.   So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by. EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:41 am

Kimmel understands that it's old people who still watches TV. That's probably they're feelings on video games and Lets Plays as well.

I don't get watching LPs all the time. I do like watching a few sometimes. In fact several of these lead me to buying several games. But I can't imagine someone wanting to watch an LP of Tetris but someone does I guess.

It's honestly a waste of time but it's not better than how we used to waste time in the past. Is sitting around watching Jimmy Kimmel supposed to be better than playing a video game for an hour?

I work fucking 12/13 hours out of the day. If someone is really worried about how I spend my time off from work they can go fuck themselves.

I don't watch Kimmel's show of course. I'm not really in the demographic Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by.   So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by. EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:47 am

Most of what I watch on YT is LPs and other Gaming videos. So fuck this guy (happy).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by.   So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by. EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 11:18 am

Jimmy Kimmel stopped being relevant years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by.   So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by. EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:36 pm

I saw the stuff he did with two youtubers, he was an ass the whole time...but Kimmel was never funny imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by.   So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by. EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Leif Cassidy wrote:

People are overreacting to this but everyone on here literally attacked Dana White for calling wrestling fake. I dont understand that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by.   So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by. Empty

Back to top Go down

So the entertainment world has passed Jimmy Kimmel by.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1