HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap Empty
PostSubject: Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap   Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:51 am

The Rolling Stones rocker branded heavy metal bands Metallica and Black Sabbath ''jokes'' and quipped that rap music only appeals to ''tone-deaf people''.

Speaking to the New York Daily News, he said: ''Millions are in love with Metallica and Black Sabbath. I just thought they were great jokes.

''And rap - so many words, so little said. What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there.

''All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they're happy. There's an enormous market for people who can't tell one note from another.''

Keith also hit out at Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger, expanding on comments he made in his autobiography 'Life' where he called him a ''snob''.

He said: ''I'll reinforce that. His daughter, Georgia Mae, was sitting around in my room and she said, 'oh, you know what dad's like. He's such a snob.' He can come off that way even to me and the rest of the band. He comes on the plane and doesn't say, 'Hey mate.'

''He's preoccupied with something really boring. He's a control freak. He likes to know everything that's going on. He lost himself a bit in the details.

''But he's a hell of a frontman and I still love him dearly. Your friends don't have to be perfect.''
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap   Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:56 am

Isn't he like 90? I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap   Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Well he can go fuck himself Smile

Rolling Stones suck I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap   Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:27 pm

They're barely even Rock tbh. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap   Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 3:06 pm

The Rolling Stones are awesome, and way better than Metallica, but how dare he take a shot at anything Ozzy-related. Mad as hell this makes me sad, I dont want a feud between them/their fanbases. Sad

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap   Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 3:18 pm

The Rolling Stones havent been relevant in decades. Do people even still know they exist?
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap   Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap   Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:37 pm

Metallica is good too, being put under the Rolling Stones isn't a bad thing. I aint bothered

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap   Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:53 am

Yeah Metallica never made any music as great as The Rolling Stones made. And I think Metallica is great.

I can get thinking Rap is crap if you don't listen to a lot of the right stuff. I like Eminem but a lot of his old filler songs are unbearable to me.

Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap   Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 4:08 am

People can like who they wish and not like who they wish, that's cool. But you can't publicly come out and say that kinda' bullshit he just did. Sabbath literally revolutionised the genre when they burst onto the scene and, although Metallica isn't to everyone's taste, they've have had some tremendous hits.

I wouldn't even put Rolling Stones in the same category as them, honestly, as I always felt they were more like pop music. The dude clearly is a mark for himself; wonder if he knows Bret Hart? I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap   Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 5:39 am

Nothing against the Rolling Stones but I am a much bigger Black Sabbath fan. They helped invent a genre of music. It's pretty ridiculous to label Metallica and Black Sabbath as jokes, with the amount of success they have had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap   Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap Empty

Back to top Go down

Keith Richards slams Metallica, Black Sabbath and rap

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1