HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder Empty
PostSubject: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 9:14 am

On September 1, 2015, 32 years after the incident, Jimmy Snuka was arrested and charged with third-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter for Nancy Argentino's death in 1983
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:11 am

omg...
30+ years later and now he's a Hall of Famer as well.
I'm curious to what WWE will do now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:59 am

It's about damn time.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 1:08 pm

Well Snuka is about to Superfly out of existence.

I wonder what this will mean for Tamina?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 1:39 pm

Either Tamina loses her name (Is she still called "Tamina Snuka" or just "Tamina"?) or they just re-package her character I guess. I don't see WWE firing Tamina because of that...
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 2:22 pm

I think she's referred to as Tamina Snuka, but I could be wrong...but I don't think it's one of those things were her last name is really emphasised any more, like it was when she debuted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 2:56 pm

I remember her debut. They almost made it sound like "You're here because of your father! Now wrestle!". Even though she's never been relevant in any way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 3:25 pm

I can't recall them referring to her as Snuka much at all since she came back as AJ's Diesel. If they ever do reference her heritage, it's probably just when she's about to do a Superfly Splash (which is itself pretty rare, as she's mostly there now to take the pins for Team BAD). All they'd really need to do is drop any references to Snuka (if they still do that at all), and make sure she doesn't do that splash any more. Should be fine, something like a powerbomb or even a JBL-ish clothesline would work better for her gimmick anyway.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 3:37 pm

Honestly, she always looked awkward doing that splash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Yeah That
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 3:57 pm

I never really liked her. She can't wrestle and she's not very attractive. She looks kinda manly, I'm surprised Chilly doesn't think she's hot. suspicious
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 4:33 pm

^ I like manly chicks. Neutral I also kind of like Tamina in her current role, I just wish she was booked more like a monster.

Hopefully this development doesn't negatively impact her career, though either way this arrest is a long time coming. I still can't believe he got off scott free back when it all went down originally.
Back to top Go down
MFiSG
Middle Carder
MFiSG

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:17 pm

Holy shit. Shocked I wonder if Vince will get in any kind of trouble over all of this? I don't know all of the specifics, but I read somewhere that he could potentially get charged with obstruction of justice. Something about him telling police that Jimmy Snuka didn't speak English?
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:27 pm

We were talking about that in the Skype chat a couple days ago.

This could potentially be company-killing for WWE imo. If Vince gets incriminated their sponsors and shareholders will just up and disappear.
Back to top Go down
MFiSG
Middle Carder
MFiSG

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:57 pm

To clarify on my earlier post in this thread, McMahon and Snuka met with police in 1983, and apparently Vince did all of the talking. There is speculation that McMahon covered for Snuka by asserting that he didn't speak English, and some theorists believe he may have even paid the cops off.

I know nothing about law, but I imagine there's probably a statute of limitations when it comes to obstruction of justice? But still, could this be... like... major? Shocked Neutral
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 3:42 am

If he was involved, like you say, and potentially covered for him...then yeah, it's pretty damn major.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 1:04 pm

A quick Google search suggest the statute of limitations for obstruction is usually around five years, so its unlikely that Vince has anything directly to worry about. However, if he did mislead or bribe officers and it becomes part of a court testimony, I imagine that would cause a pretty drastic drop in stock. I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder   WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Legend arrested and charged for Murder

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1