HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career Empty
PostSubject: ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career   ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 10:43 am

Former ECW, WWE and TNA talent Tommy Dreamer took his last chokeslam from Lance Story at the Lone Star Championship Wrestling event back on July 12th. See down below:

Dreamer posted the following on his Facebook page as to why it will be his last chokeslam in his career:

"There comes a time in every persons life they say ugh I’m getting old. We can fight it as much as possible but it happens. It is harder to come to terms with many athletes that they are losing a step. Ironically I watched a story about Earl Campbell the iconic running back for the Houston Oilers whose punishing style made him famous. He has a myriad of back issues walks w/a walker from when the documentary was made. He said after he got traded, he had the toughest call to make & he called his wife & said I’m losing a step. It’s time to retire. Well on Sunday in Houston Texas. I took my last ever chokeslam. This move was invented by Paul Heyman. He visualized it & gave it to a wrestler named 911. Well I took my share of them from him as well as from Brian Lee which made me famous for being crazy & extreme. I actually enjoyed taking them. I’ve taken them on chairs, concrete, a cinderblock, outside on someone’s lawn. Into a trash can, into a dumpster, from the top of the ECW Arena, the top of steel cages, you name it i’ve taken them. Well I took this one on Sunday & I felt something weird. PAIN. & heard crunch. Wasn’t Lance Hoyts fault he placed me perfect. Im just 44 & after a 20min hardcore match my chokeslam bump card has expired. Going into my own companies largest show im hurt. Im pissed at myself because when im performing in ring im still 25 years old, but my body reminded me im 44 w/a broken neck & back. So thank you Chokeslam we had a great relationship. Ive taken them from 911,Brian Lee, The Undertaker, Kane, Test, Big Show and a few I probably forgot. I will heal, I will fight thru the pain but knowing my wrestling career is on the tail end of ending is the hardest part. No regrets, I got a few good matches left in me. Thanks for reading."
Back to top Go down
Bryan Kane
Jobber
Bryan Kane

ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career   ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 2:32 pm

Kinda funny he draws the line on a chokeslam, you think he would for a piledriver or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career   ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 2:47 pm

Well the piledriver is indirectly safer than taking a chokeslam, your opponent is essentially protecting your head and neck with his legs as long as the move is done correctly. A chokeslam there's no way of telling how you're going to land.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career   ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 5:02 pm

Dreamer took way too many stupid bumps that in the end never really meant anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career   ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Heyman invented the chokeslam? :\
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career   ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 12:53 am

I can't think of anyone before 911 that did it I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career   ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 3:32 am

^Vader maybe?
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career   ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 8:16 am

Haha so I went to the wiki of Chokeslam to see if there would be some clarification and unfortunately there isn't. It says Paul Heyman invented it for 911 with it linking to the Tommy Dreamer article. However, what I find funny is some of the edits:

Sitout chokeslam[edit]
This version of the the chokeslam is lame.

Reverse impact chokeslam[edit]
In this chokeslam isn't even a chokeslam so why call it a chokeslam?
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career   ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 7:29 pm

^
lmfao

And I honestly though the Chokeslam had been done for years, since like the 80s. Surely taker can't have been using it since ECW started it?

You watch, if I went back and looked at his old matches, he won't have done it once xD
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career   ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 8:31 am

Wikipedia says Taker's been using it since 1990.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg

PostSubject: Re: ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career   ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 10:05 am

It's actually true that Paul Heyman innovated the move for that 911 guy (he did not, however, create it.).
I remember that Big Van Vader, Sycho Sid, 'Taker were a few that used this move for a long, long time during their careers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career   ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career Empty

Back to top Go down

ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer Explains Why He Will Not Take Another Chokeslam Bump In His Career

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1