HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Colin Trevorrow Talks About Possible Off-Island Jurassic World Sequel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Colin Trevorrow Talks About Possible Off-Island Jurassic World Sequel Empty
PostSubject: Colin Trevorrow Talks About Possible Off-Island Jurassic World Sequel   Colin Trevorrow Talks About Possible Off-Island Jurassic World Sequel EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 1:07 pm

http://411mania.com/movies/colin-trevorrow-talks-about-possible-off-island-jurassic-world-sequel/

In an interview with Wired, Colin Trevorrow gave some hints about the sequel to Jurassic World, which arrives on June 22, 2018. Trevorrow will not direct the film, but he will write it with Derek Connolly. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will star while Frank Marshall and Steven Spielberg will executive produce.

Trevorrow said: “Whether or not I am involved in later installments or not, I felt it was important for me to set the table.I know they’re going to want to make them, I know that Stephen definitely wants to make several of these movies, and I want to do my job in setting the table for something that can be rich and thoughtful and interesting.

[It will not be] just a bunch of dinosaurs chasing people on an island. That’ll get old real fast. I feel like the idea that this isn’t always going to be limited to theme parks, and there are applications for this science that reach far beyond entertainment. And when you look back at nuclear power and how that started, the first instinct was to weaponise it and later on we found it could be used for energy. And this isn’t something necessarily that was in the book but is a seed that I wanted to plant in this movie, is that might be able to grow in more of these movies if they decide to make more of them, is: What if this went open source? It’s almost like InGen is Mac, but what if PC gets their hands on it? What if there are 15 different entities around the world who can make a dinosaur? And Dr Wu says in the film, when he’s warning Dr Mesrani, ‘we’re not always going to be the only ones who can make a dinosaur’. I think that’s an interesting idea that even if we don’t explore fully in this film, there is room for this universe to expand. I shouldn’t use the word universe, because people will think we’re making a Jurassic World universe — we’re not.“
Back to top Go down

Colin Trevorrow Talks About Possible Off-Island Jurassic World Sequel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1