HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years Empty
PostSubject: Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years   Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 1:53 pm

Given that Bungie has a ten-year, Lord of the Rings-sized plan for Destiny, fans may be happy to learn that the developer has now confirmed that your existing Guardian will be with you until the end.

You will never need to make a new character or switch to another one with expansions like The Taken King or whatever is coming next.

Destiny engineering lead Luke Timmins explained to GamesRadar that Bungie recognizes players have made significant time and monetary investments in their characters.

"We certainly take it seriously that Destiny is a ten-year thing," he said. "It's a long-term thing and with these adventures that we're adding my contract to you--and any player--is that your Guardian will always be there. We're going to keep adding new stuff for you to do and I'd hope you'll look at The Taken King and be like, 'I'm looking forward to logging on again and hooking friends online.'"

The Taken King is Destiny's next expansion. The $40 add-on arrives in September and has a lot to offer, including some strong story elements, GameSpot's Alex Newhouse wrote in an E3 preview.

Looking beyond The Taken King, Bungie recently said that Destiny has a huge amount of untapped potential, and that work had begun on an "upcoming title" in the Destiny universe.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years   Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 1:56 pm

I am totally going to get back into this. It's the only FPS I've ever been decent at Funny
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years   Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 1:59 pm

Cholly should play with me, tbh.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years   Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Oh, you play it now?

Once I get my PS4 hooked up again I'll totally play good job
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years   Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 2:06 pm

Will the game be as boring and die off every few years as well?
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years   Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 2:42 pm

Dat Chilly wrote:
Oh, you play it now?

Once I get my PS4 hooked up again I'll totally play good job
Whenever I have someone to play with, I do. Funny I'm only, like, level 6 or 7, though.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years   Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 2:49 pm

Shit, you're low. Fairly certain I was level 31 or 32 when I last played at Christmas Funny
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years   Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Yeah, I'd play more often but I only really have fun with the game when I'm doing multiplayer and that's rare.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years   Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 2:53 pm

I've literally never played with anyone on there...well, bar the random people you play with in the Strikes and multiplayer. I guess I'm used to playing on my own, really. So I understand you there; it can get dull on your own.

I'd love to do a raid Sad
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years   Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 12:52 am

I would have played more if my internet wasn't so pooy Fail!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years   Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Destiny Character Will Stay With You for 10 Years

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1