HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"? Empty
PostSubject: Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"?   Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 4:05 pm

I read this article and I wanted opinions on it:

Bray Wyatt was as hot as they come last summer in the WWE. He was the rare case of a villain who had gone over with the crowd. The crowds had all but accepted his occult leader status, and they were all buying into it and playing along. Unfortunately, the once promising young talent Bray Wyatt has been reduced to nothing more than a glorified jobber.

Those are tough words to say. One would be hard-pressed to find another wrestler on the WWE roster that is any better on the microphone than Bray Wyatt. He is surprisingly agile for a man his size. He can carry any other wrestler they put him up against. That is why it is so frustrating to see what he has been reduced to in the WWE.

It was wildly touted across the internet that Bray Wyatt would have a role in this year’s “Money in the Bank” that went down this past Sunday. Instead of being a contender, he was again reduced to becoming just the spoiler. He didn’t warrant a spot in the seven-man field. Kane and Kofi Kingston did, but Wyatt was mysteriously absent until Roman Reigns was set to grab the case.

It would seem that Bray Wyatt is the next WWE wrestler that the company has decided to use to prop up Reigns. The WWE is bound and determined to make Reigns the next superstar, but he does not come close to having the skill set Bray Wyatt has in the ring or on the mic. This “feud” looks to be a retelling of all of Bray Wyatt’s past feuds.

The formula for Wyatt seems to be pick a combatant to terrorize. Then, there are two to three months of going back-and-forth with him. Ultimately, Wyatt ends up falling. At some point any part of the character that seems to be crazy, unpredictable, or scary ceases to be.

One could make the argument that Wyatt had a pretty good May. He won back-to-back matches against Ryback at “Payback” and Dean Ambrose at Monday Night Raw the following night. However, since then, Ryback holds the Intercontinental Title, and Dean Ambrose is still competing to the WWE World Heavyweight title.

Bray Wyatt still has a lot of fans, and those fans still have hope that he will ascend to the top of the wrestling world. However, unless the powers that be in the WWE change the course for him quick, he could see his opportunities get harder to realize, and that is a real shame for someone who has as much talent as he has.
Back to top Go down
Luigi
Show Opener
Luigi

PostSubject: Re: Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"?   Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Because all the guys he's feuding with need to look strong: John Cena, Undertaker, Roman Reigns. There aren't many top heels in the company right now besides Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens. I don't get how WWE still desperately wants Roman Reigns as their face of the company if he can't get over with the crowd like Ambrose, Wyatt and Bryan did. The Bella Twins sell more merchandise than Roman Reigns. Kevin Owens sold more T-Shirts in the past 2 months than Roman Reigns did in a year. Plus, your wrestling company can't be based on 1 superstar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"?   Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 7:09 pm

He's not a jobber but he sure as hell hasnt been booked like someone that will be around for a few years. If you really want someone to be the next "Undertaker" once he retires, why arent you doing anything with Wyatt?
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"?   Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Reminds me of Kane. Unless I'm not remembering correctly, Kane used to be the monster heel that lost most of his feuds?

They could honestly keep doing this with him while having the odd feud that he wins here and there and he could still be fine for a while. They'd still have that monster heel that sticks around for a while but never really accomplishes too much. But they gotta have him win if they want him to be something bigger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com

PostSubject: Re: Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"?   Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 11:11 pm

I keep holding out hope for Wyatt. I feel like, because he got over so well so quick, WWE feels they can have him lose without damaging his character. What I'd like to see is, when they're ready to put him in the main event, Wyatt becoming more like Ministry-era Undertaker by forming a new, larger Wyatt Family. The cult leader gimmick lends itself naturally to a big group like that, and there are plenty of guys on the main roster and in NXT who could benefit from being part of an angle like that, especially if Wyatt becomes champ during that time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"?   Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Bray Wyatt A "Glorified Jobber"?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1