HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Endure 2013 grades

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Endure 2013 grades Empty
PostSubject: Endure 2013 grades   Endure 2013 grades EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:57 am

Endure 2013 grades 000fuck_zps12aa0732

Akira defeated The Kotzebue Kid via no show. This is Moose's third no-show in a row and I don't think I've seen him post a match yet...
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Endure 2013 grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endure 2013 grades   Endure 2013 grades EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:58 am

Endure 2013 grades IC_zps7cf97eff
Grader: Jay

Drake:

Jaylon:

The Verdict:

Last edited by STATICK on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Endure 2013 grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endure 2013 grades   Endure 2013 grades EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:58 am

Endure 2013 grades Tresdadebut_zpsd8c5497c

Joe Tresda no-showed the match. JHalc wins.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Endure 2013 grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endure 2013 grades   Endure 2013 grades EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:02 am

Endure 2013 grades KOXWarm_zpsa6df3f86
Grader: Ian

Shade:

Pleasantly surprised would be a perfect way of putting my reaction, considering the first couple of matches from you have been disappointing. Your match started off in a non-traditional way, but I don't have any qualms with that. I thought your strongest suit was characterization where you were excellent with your own character throughout. I thought you made good use of the hardcore stipulation as well. Although it seemed to have it's own lack of illogical progression, it made sense in the context of your nut-job character. Who starts a match with a fucking shovel? Shade.

Reyes:

Wow. Your match was excellent. There was a logical progression, a nice build-up in action, and a concrete finish. Your match was loaded with action and you did a very good job of putting Shade over. I mentioned that I thought Shade's areas of strength were characterization and use of the hardcore stipulation. I think he edged you in those areas. Your match was definitely filled with more action and I think if E-Fedding is a simulation of real wrestling, your match certainly would be more entertaining than Shade's as well.

Verdict:

This match was fairly close. Shade's edge in the hardcore stipulation use I think was the biggest key to making this such a hard decision, because I was hoping for this to be a major play-in match for the King of Xtreme tournament. While Shade's match definitely used more weapons and I think had the better window to what I expect the tournament matches to look like, I think Robbie's post did a better job of selling the tournament as a big deal so to speak. I have to go with Robbie Reyes.

Last edited by STATICK on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Endure 2013 grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endure 2013 grades   Endure 2013 grades EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:09 am

Endure 2013 grades Chosen_zpsfea180e5|
Grader: Snoopz

David Michaels: Good storytelling in the early portion of the match, with you building up the fact that David is upset with Kanimaniac for targeting him. You descriptions are also quite good. A few moments where I need to re-read what you said because of typos, but nothing that really hinders your post and the flow too much so I won't take off any points for it. A good start to the actual action in the match with some decent chain wrestling that ends in the stare-off while the crowd cheers. Pretty classic stuff, which is a good thing. The action continues to be good throughout your post, as does the storytelling and the descriptions. I don't really think about commentary when grading my posts. I don't care if you even do commentary. But I will say, I like how you're using JHalc. You don't really have any stand out action in your post. Like, nothing really innovative or exciting. However, you make up for it by telling a very good story and making the match feel like something I'd watch on an earlier WWE PPV. I don't usually like finisher kickouts in matches, but you did a good job of it here. Instead of making the finisher look weak, it made the match look important. If you're gonna have a finisher kickout in a match, you need to know when and how to do it, and you do know that clearly. You also had a great finish. All-in-all, a very good post and it'll be tough for Kani to top it.

Kanimaniac: Much-like Chilly, you have great description in your post. You also did a pretty decent job of telling a story early on to set the mood. Although, compared to Chilly's, your start felt a bit more rushed. You did a great job with the early action, however, having a really good back and forth to start the match off. The attempted finishers early on was a good touch. You've got a very good technical bout in this match. Great exchanges, the description of your submission holds are good, etc. The Sweet Chin Music set-up later in the match was really good. The build-up leading to it missing. Everything about that was just great. Your ending was also quite good. like Chilly, you had a very good post.

Verdict: This was a pretty tough decision to make. On the entertainment factor, I felt Kanimaniac had better action, but David told a better story throughout his post. Both did great in both aspects, though. Description was also very even. In the end, I can only pick one winner and I gotta give this one to David Michaels. It was a very close match, but his post just had a better feel to it. Like, the storytelling was amazing and it felt more like a match I could actually envision perfectly in my head. Like I said though, you both did great jobs.

Last edited by STATICK on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Endure 2013 grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endure 2013 grades   Endure 2013 grades EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:10 am

Endure 2013 grades 001fuck_zps6f08a852
Four guys no-showed a title shot. That's embarrassing... Congratulations to Hitman Alex on the win and on his World Heavyweight Title win.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Endure 2013 grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endure 2013 grades   Endure 2013 grades EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:24 am

Endure 2013 grades SinglesMack_zpsa4f06ecd

In the most predictable outcome of all time, Mack no-showed. Congratulations to AJ Miller.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Endure 2013 grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endure 2013 grades   Endure 2013 grades EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:25 am

Endure 2013 grades TagTitles_zps6b414f62

Another title won via no-show. Congratulations to Dominik Diveraz and Takumi Sanu.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Endure 2013 grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endure 2013 grades   Endure 2013 grades EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:26 am

Endure 2013 grades Main_zps1aa5256c
Grader: Ian

I'd like to say something before I start grading... I decided to no-show early in the day on Friday because at that point I was on the chatbox and both Caleb and Abdel were talking about their "8K" matches. At that point I had already written 1,000 words. I don't appreciate the gamesmanship that comes from lying about your match because I could have easily gotten 5 or 6 K and competed with you two, I decided to no-show, in part, because you two made it sound like you had labored over your matches. While it certainly seems like Caleb did that, I did a word count on Abdel's match and it comes nowhere close to the 8 thousand he was talking about in the chat. On top of that, I seen him mention somewhere his "rushed" ending. I can't say there is anything, by rule, wrong with it. I just think it's a bitch-ass move.

Abdel:

I tried to read your match in one go but couldn't. I was stricken by how often I thought your choice of words was poor and/or completely unnecessary. "ever-so-classic steel chair" just seems lame. There's a lot of examples from the beginning of your match that I could pull out that seem the same way. The first thing I really noticed that I'm going to say negatively impacted your match was you started the near-falls incredibly early. Everything resulted in a near fall, which I think will take away from potential legitimate near falls later. I think the fact you started early with the pin-saves was poorly done as well. I thought the Gravitational Pull was also poorly done as I can't seem to get behind the route of progression you've taken. I thought the Southern Arrow spot was brilliant but it still seems early in the match for that. I think the curb-stomp spot made a lot of sense and it showed that you understood the character. I thought all in all you did a fairly decent job. I have my doubts that what you came up with will be good enough considering the stage, but it wasn't bad. I know I did some nitpicking in there.

I thought there was a lack of a natural progression. It didn't feel like a real match. There were a couple of really nice spots but as you know I'm not the biggest spot-fan. I don't think you did a good job of telling a story, but there definitely was a story there. I enjoyed EG getting the clean win and if you win the match it would be an excellent way to insert your character prominently in the forefront of story-lines.

Caleb:

I liked the double suplex spot early. The first thing that jumps out at me while reading is that your progression is clearly closer to what I expected and definitely what I would consider more realistic. I got through the rest of your match before commenting again because for the most part it just flew by. Your match had great natural progression for the beginning and the middle, and I think you did a very good job of making everyone in the match look strong. I also thought you did a better job using the triple threat portion of the match. The only disappointing part was probably your favorite part as I didn't love Kanimaniac running down. I'm not sure how to take it. If it was a heel-move... It seemed like a heel turn but it didn't have that big moment that let the fans know. Maybe for you that was the handshake, but I didn't feel it. If it wasn't a heel move, him running down to help you secure the win over a face doesn't make much sense...

Verdict:

I feel pretty strongly that Caleb had the better match. Like I said in his write-up, his finish wasn't what I was hoping for, but there was a lot of good there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Endure 2013 grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endure 2013 grades   Endure 2013 grades Empty

Back to top Go down

Endure 2013 grades

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1