HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jim Ross Rant Notes: Scripted Promos need to go

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf

PostSubject: Jim Ross Rant Notes: Scripted Promos need to go   Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Recently JR put out a blog ranting about the state of the wrestling business. Long story short he said if it doesn't change it will die. The blog pissed off ROH, PWG, Lucha Underground, ect ect. So I will make different threads of what he thinks is hurting the wrestling business and you tell me if you agree or disagree

its not word for word what he said, its just my bootleg version of what he said.

Wrestling has become to scripted with its promos. Writing word for word what a wrestler said and needs to do. Instead of just give them basic bullet points they need to meet and just send them out there and let them come up with their own promos.

Do Scripted promos need to go?

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Rant Notes: Scripted Promos need to go   Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:21 pm

I've never heard anyone defending scripted promos. I think the only people in favor of them are the ones writing them.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Rant Notes: Scripted Promos need to go   Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:24 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with detailed layouts for promos, but 100% scripting them makes them bland. The best promos are the ones where the talent put their own input in and made the promo work.

Otherwise you just end up with your average Randy Orton promo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim Ross Rant Notes: Scripted Promos need to go   

Back to top Go down

Jim Ross Rant Notes: Scripted Promos need to go

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1