HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manchester United's Javier Hernandez wants first-team football next season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Manchester United's Javier Hernandez wants first-team football next season Empty
PostSubject: Manchester United's Javier Hernandez wants first-team football next season   Manchester United's Javier Hernandez wants first-team football next season EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 11:49 am

Javier Hernandez says his priority is obtaining first-team football next season and admits he doesn't mind where he plays so long as he gets regular games.

Hernandez is poised to return to Manchester United after Real Madrid chose not to make his loan deal with them permanent.

The 27-year-old made a reasonable impact at the Bernabeu, scoring nine goals including a derby winner against city rivals Atletico in April.

He made only 11 starts for the former European champions, however, as he struggled to compete with Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema for a frequent starting berth.

Hernandez is now preparing to return to Old Trafford, where he has one year left on his contract, but knows his stay there could be brief.

The Mexico international insists the most important thing for him next season is to play more football and is open-minded on where that happens.

He told Spanish newspaper Marca: "I'm currently on holiday and awaiting news regarding my future. I imagine I will know something soon.

"Real had a deadline to exercise the right to acquire my rights but they let it go. Real are like any other club and as of now I am a Manchester United player.

"That's the only reality. Above all, I want to join a team where I can play and have minutes. If it's at Manchester United or another team, I will be equally happy. My priority is to play."

Hernandez was moved on to Real last August when Louis van Gaal took charge of United, but the former Guadalajara player doesn’t think that ends his chances of playing there again.

He added: "Last summer it was a different situation. When Van Gaal arrived he wanted to restructure the team and reduce the number of players.

“They weren't playing in Europe and he preferred to focus on the Premier League. Perhaps he didn't want many players because we wouldn't have played.

“Now the situation is different. There will be a Champions League preliminary round to play, which means many more games.

“I think there might be more opportunities. I think I have more options to play at United next season.”
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

Manchester United's Javier Hernandez wants first-team football next season

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1