HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wales' Gareth Bale vows to stay at Real Madrid despite criticism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Wales' Gareth Bale vows to stay at Real Madrid despite criticism Empty
PostSubject: Wales' Gareth Bale vows to stay at Real Madrid despite criticism   Wales' Gareth Bale vows to stay at Real Madrid despite criticism EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 9:55 am

Wales forward Gareth Bale says he will stay at Real Madrid despite enduring a turbulent second season in Spain.

Bale, 25, was the subject of criticism from fans and media as Real failed to win La Liga or the Champions League.

That has seen him linked with a return to the Premier League, but Bale is determined to stay and help Real become European champions again.

"We will go again next year and try to win it," said Bale, who scored in Real's 2014 Champions League final win.

"We were devastated not to be in the final this year. We tried as best as we could but it wasn't meant to be."

Having joined Real from Tottenham for a world-record fee of £85.3m in 2013, Bale helped the Spanish club claim their 10th European title in his first season.

The Welshman scored 22 goals in his debut campaign but, having managed 17 in his second, Bale's displays have come under scrutiny.

"I know what I can do," he told The Sun.

"I know when I haven't done something right or to the best of my ability and I take full responsibility for making amends by working harder in the next game."

Bale is currently with the Wales squad as they prepare for a vital Euro 2016 qualifier against Belgium on 12 June.

When he returns to Madrid, it will be with a new manager, Rafael Benitez , at the helm.

And although his second season in Spain has been a mixed one for Bale, he has no regrets about joining Real.

"Playing for Madrid is a learning curve for me. I'm still getting used to being at such a big club," he said.

"It has been a great experience in good or bad times. Personally, I've enjoyed it.

"Maybe I haven't scored as many as I would have liked. It's something for me to work on in the off season to get my finishing a bit better."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

Wales' Gareth Bale vows to stay at Real Madrid despite criticism

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1