HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newcastle United: Jonas Gutierrez and Ryan Taylor leave Tyneside

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Newcastle United: Jonas Gutierrez and Ryan Taylor leave Tyneside Empty
PostSubject: Newcastle United: Jonas Gutierrez and Ryan Taylor leave Tyneside   Newcastle United: Jonas Gutierrez and Ryan Taylor leave Tyneside EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:50 am

Newcastle United have released the long-serving pair of winger Jonas Gutierrez and defender Ryan Taylor.

Gutierrez made a comeback this season after recovering from testicular cancer and scored in a 2-0 win over West Ham as Newcastle avoided relegation.

The Argentine, 31, joined Newcastle in 2008, while Taylor, 30, signed in 2009.
Managing director Lee Charnley said: "I would like to place on record our sincere thanks to both players for the excellent service they have given."

Gutierrez, who scored 12 goals in 205 appearances for Newcastle after signing from Mallorca, had a testicle removed two years ago but then needed to undergo chemotherapy after the cancer returned.

Following successful treatment he made his return as a substitute in a 1-0 loss to Manchester United at St James' Park on 4 March and then scored the second goal against West Ham on the final day of the season as John Carver's side secured their Premier League status.

Ryan Taylor returned from a 26-month injury absence in Newcastle's League Cup win at Manchester City last October

Gutierrez claimed earlier this season he had been encouraged to leave Newcastle by former manager Alan Pardew and following news of his release, criticised club owner Mike Ashley's handling of his situation as he recovered from illness.

He said on social media: "Two things I learn from my illness: how you can support a player [Newcastle fans] and how you leave a player alone [Newcastle owner].
"Thanks to all football fans and Newcastle fans for supporting me and [having] trust in me."

Former Wigan defender Taylor made 110 appearances for Newcastle, but his time at the club was severely disrupted by two serious knee injuries.

Charnley added: "To come through those difficult periods with such strength and dignity will have given hope and inspiration to many and it is clear our supporters have a deep connection and affection for both players, as does everyone associated with the club."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

Newcastle United: Jonas Gutierrez and Ryan Taylor leave Tyneside

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1