HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016 Empty
PostSubject: WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016   WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 8:29 am

WWE officials have reportedly changed their thoughts on signing former TNA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles.

AJ is the current IWGP Heavyweight Champion and considers New Japan Pro Wrestling to be home, and is under contract, but WWE is interested in signing him. WWE is looking to have three touring brands in 2016 and want to load up on as much quality talent as they can.

Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016   WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 8:33 am

Doubt he'll go. He's never been interested in WWE unless they actually used him right and offered him decent money. He'd want to go on the main roster, not stay in NXTs so they can sell tickets <_<
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016   WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 8:37 am

Well... here's the thing... NJPW isn't competition. ROH TV isn't competition to the WWE Network. If WWE wanted, there isn't a reason AJ couldn't do all three.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016   WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 8:41 am

Of course, but I don't think that's the issue. I think he'd be for going to WWE, but not as just a puppet for NXT to milk their crowd. He'd want to be legit in WWE and I think he's always felt he'd just end up as midcard at best anyway.

Besides, I think WWE do prefer their wrestlers to be just that; theirs and theirs alone. I don't think sharing will be a thing they do very often.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016   WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 8:58 am

I don't think they'll care too much about sharing network exclusives. Without all the TV promotional rights issues, it doesn't really matter too much. I suppose we'll see. I doubt AJ would be that interested in WWE because a 3rd stop on his touring would be rough for travel... but I bet NJPW offers him more money to stick around if they're worried he might sign for WWE.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016   WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 3:21 pm

Yeah is New Japan wants a real presence in The US they better do their best to try keep Styles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016   WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016 Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE interested in AJ Styles to help lead NXT Touring brand in 2016

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1