HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breaking: ROH joins Destination America

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Breaking: ROH joins Destination America Empty
PostSubject: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 2:12 pm

https://www.facebook.com/ringofhonor/posts/10153273230851328

I saw this on facebook and am like "dafuq?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 2:18 pm

UPDATE: Here is the official press release…

Destination America announced today that it has signed a national broadcast deal with professional wrestling league RING OF HONOR, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., bringing one of the most respected wrestling organizations to the only network dedicated to all-American entertainment. Destination America is now the one-two-punch to professional wrestling, adding RING OF HONOR (ROH) to its line-up after launching IMPACT WRESTLING in early 2015. RING OF HONOR has been delivering top wrestling matches for ten years with captivating hard-hitting stars such as Jay & Mark Briscoe, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, The Young Bucks, Maria Kanellis, Adam Cole and Jay Lethal. Destination America will pack on the action beginning Wednesday June 3 with the series premiere of RING OF HONOR at 8/7c leading into brand new premieres of IMPACT WRESTLING at 9/8c.

“With the electric and intense matches that RING OF HONOR provides, Destination America is the network for fans to get an entire evening of jaw-dropping entertainment on Wednesday nights,” said Marc Etkind, general manager of Destination America. “RING OF HONOR showcases tenacity, athleticism and passion and it serves as the place where America’s favorite wrestling stars are born.”

“We are very excited to be partnering with Destination America for the broader distribution of the ROH programming,” commented Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer – Ring of Honor Wrestling. “ROH will now reach an additional 57 million households including those in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia and other large cities where Ring of Honor is not currently airing. ROH has a loyal fan base and is one of the fastest growing major wrestling franchises in the country. With this great partnership with Destination America, we can continue to expand our footprint and reach while producing entertaining, original content and continuing to provide wrestling fans some of the best wrestling content available.”

RING OF HONOR will premiere on Wednesday, June 3 leading into IMPACT WRESTLING, making Destination America the home for wrestling every Wednesday evening. The first match will feature the Briscoe Brothers, Mark and Jay, as they face off with the House of Truth in the main event. Also catch athletes of New Japan Pro Wrestling battle it out with the RING OF HONOR stars and follow former NFL lineman Moose compete against BJ Whitmer.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 2:33 pm

As I said to Chilly, this can only be good for TNA. They've already been told they're not getting their option picked up in September, so maybe ROH helping to raise the overall value of Destination America to the wrestling fan can help bring in new subs and boost ratings. It's a no-brainer for ROH because of the new distribution and additional cash for shows they're making anyway.

Worst case scenario is TNA gets kicked off Destination America, as was going to happen anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 2:41 pm

The downside to it though is that nobody watches ROH either and both get removed from the schedule. With the reports that advertisers dont want to buy space during wrestling, this is a likely scenario.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 2:58 pm

This is great news for ROH. They can finally be aired in their bigger markets like New York City without having to flip the bill for a local network.

ROH and TNA's numbers are already so close to each other. I think ROH will now pull way ahead in the ratings war.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 3:25 pm

This won't end well imo. I think Destination America are pretty stupid to think two rival wrestling promotions can co-exist on the same network, let alone on the same freakin' night. All they've done is piss TNA off and they reportedly knew literally nothing about this.

TNA haters get what they want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 3:32 pm

UPDATE x3: According to the ROH press release, the initial deal is for 26 weeks. Here is what their press release said…

Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (the “Company”) announced that it has signed a national broadcast deal with Destination America, part of Discovery Communications, for the Company’s professional wrestling promotion, Ring of Honor (“ROH”). ROH will premiere on Destination America for 26 weeks beginning Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 8pm EST/7pm CST. The announcement was made by Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer – Ring of Honor Wresting.

UPDATE x2: Here are more details on the ROH TV deal, according to Pwinsider.com…

* ROH will stay in syndication through Sinclair Broadcasting. The series on Destination America will be the same series that is owned and distributed by Sinclair Broadcasting. Episodes will debut over the weekend on the Sinclair stations and then air on Wednesday nights on Destination American.

* The relationship between Ring of Honor and Destination America relationship is something that has reportedly been built over the last several months and is independent of whatever is going on between the Network and TNA.

* Destination America wants pro wrestling content on their Network and they want to make the cable outlet a “destination” for that.

* ROH will be seen weekly through at least the end of the year, but possibly longer.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 3:58 pm

Dead wrote:
The downside to it though is that nobody watches ROH either and both get removed from the schedule. With the reports that advertisers dont want to buy space during wrestling, this is a likely scenario.

Well there are certain products that don't, but there are other products that don't mind. 500K for TNA is not bad on their network. If ratings don't rise, there will definitely be an issue, but let's see how it plays out before we assume it won't end well.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 3:59 pm

ChollyD32 wrote:
This won't end well imo. I think Destination America are pretty stupid to think two rival wrestling promotions can co-exist on the same network, let alone on the same freakin' night. All they've done is piss TNA off and they reportedly knew literally nothing about this.

Why can't they coexist?
Back to top Go down
FightGriffFight
Jobber
FightGriffFight

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:03 pm

This is good news for ROH. I do wonder if Destination America will turn out like the FIGHT! Network that's up here in Canada. This could become a wrestling channel.

Ah man, what if CHIKARA was added? That'd be a dope channel.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Chikara sucks and would kill wrestling I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:12 pm

Yeah That

Comedy wrestling shouldn't be on TV.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:14 pm

I think SHIMMER would be pretty sweet tho. Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:24 pm

Eeyen wrote:
ChollyD32 wrote:

Why can't they coexist?

Because they are already rival companies. Both try and get talent from the other...well, more TNA taking talent from ROH than the other way round, unless indy faves leave TNA. I believe they won't ever get along and ROH will be superthrilled with getting on TNA's turf, so to speak. And I also hardly see TNA and ROH ever doing any sort of crossover to justify this or make it exciting for the fans.

Plus if rumours are to be believed, TNA and Destination America haven't being getting along very well and DA have just gone behind TNA's back entirely and signed another wrestling company without even letting them know. That just creates a clear lack of trust.

Plus I imagine ROH fans hate TNA and won't be remotely interested in sticking around and potentially watching Impact afterwards, despite DA stating ROH is the lead-in to Impact on Wednesdays. I get they want to make wrestling a giant part of the channel, but I fail to see how this can benefit TNA. I mean, just look at MVP's reaction on Twitter.

I know ROH won't be showing original content, but who's to say it won't develop into a unique show just for DA in time? How will that benefit TNA? Twitter is already full of ROH killing TNA jokes.

TNA have gone from being a company who have a unique deal on a network (regardless if the netowork is good or not) to know being part of a wrestling block on the network.

I can't be positive about this as a TNA fan :\
Back to top Go down
FightGriffFight
Jobber
FightGriffFight

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Eeyen wrote:
I think SHIMMER would be pretty sweet tho. Thirsty Mofos

SHIMMER would be good too. And there is some good wrestling in CHIKARA, but I was thinking of CHIKARA as a Saturday morning cartoon type show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:40 pm

Apparently most of ROH people didnt know about it either, with except like 3 people. Those 3 people being in upper management, i assume.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:44 pm

Bryan Alvarez says Destination America is paying a lot less for ROH than Impact.

No one in TNA knew Destination America was talking to ROH. Only a hand full of people in ROH knew about the deal. This was a top secret deal.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:45 pm

ROH might not be able to use Samoa Joe now that they're on Destination America. It's up to WWE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:49 pm

My guess is they'll let ROH use him for the tv tapings after BITW and then that's it. Everything is still under Sinclair's control anyway.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:49 pm

Destination America has no say in ROH creative unlike how it's been with TNA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:50 pm

wait when did people turn on Chikara?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:51 pm

I wouldn't have put it on TV when they were good. Comedy wrestling like that shouldn't be on TV.

EDIT: Sorry TV, not TNA Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Bull wrote:
wait when did people turn on Chikara?

Since today, apparently. CHIKARA would do wonders on the right network.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Stuff like CHIKARA is only for the hardcore wreslting fans. Trying to get something like that in the mainstream only hurts wrestling really.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:55 pm

So ROH should become the number two promotion here in America. They're going to have more expose than anyone else, other than WWE of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking: ROH joins Destination America

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next