HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jakob Haugaard: Stoke City sign Danish keeper on three-year deal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Jakob Haugaard: Stoke City sign Danish keeper on three-year deal Empty
PostSubject: Jakob Haugaard: Stoke City sign Danish keeper on three-year deal   Jakob Haugaard: Stoke City sign Danish keeper on three-year deal EmptyWed May 27, 2015 10:50 am

Stoke City have made their second signing of the summer by bringing in Danish goalkeeper Jakob Haugaard from FC Midtjylland for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old former Denmark youth international, who has agreed a three-year-deal, replaces compatriot Thomas Sorensen, who has been released.

"This is a huge opportunity for me," he told the Premier League club's website.

"I have known of Stoke's interest for quite a while now. It was December when I first spoke to my agent about it."

The Potters' progress
Stoke City finished ninth in the Premier League for the second successive season under Mark Hughes, earning 54 points, their biggest total since winning promotion under Tony Pulis in 2008

Haugaard, who helped FC Midtjylland win the Danish Superliga title this season, is aware of the Potters' improvement since promotion to the top flight in 2008.

"I follow the Premier League a lot," said the 6ft 6in Dane. "I know that the club has made tremendous progress over the last couple of years.

"Mark Hughes has brought a new style of play and it is one that I like very much. I can't wait to work with him and his staff. It is a great team with a great manager, so it is an opportunity I was never going to turn down."

Stoke's first-choice keeper Asmir Begovic is still in talks over a new contract at the Britannia Stadium, while his deputy - England Under-21 international Jack Butland - signed a new four-year deal in March.

Haugaard's move comes after defender Philipp Wollscheid made his loan spell at the club permanent.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

Jakob Haugaard: Stoke City sign Danish keeper on three-year deal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1