HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

June Brown is going blind

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

June Brown is going blind Empty
PostSubject: June Brown is going blind   June Brown is going blind EmptyMon May 18, 2015 2:07 pm

The 88-year-old 'Eastenders' actress - who has played Dot Cotton on the show for 30 years - has revealed that her sight is now so poor that the vision in one eye is sometimes reduced to looking like the cross-hairs of a rifle.

June said: ''I see things in my eyes now. My eyes are not very good. In the left occasionally I do get this small circle with what looks like cross-wires. I do pray about my sight - maybe it will return.''

June went on to reveal that the financial crisis has dramatically affected her pension plans, and she's worried about ''being poor when I'm old''.

In a BBC Radio 4 interview, she said: ''You might laugh at that and think 'she'll never be poor when she's old' but I've not squirreled away lots of money. I've had two pensions each that have gone down by 50%.'''

June's character Dot will receive her verdict in tonight's episode (18.05.15) of 'Eastenders', having been charged with murdering her evil son Nick Cotton, and the BBC soap swept the board at the British Soap Awards on Saturday night (16.05.15), winning eight gongs for their 30th anniversary efforts, including Best Soap, Best Actor for Adam Woodyatt - who plays Ian Beale - and Best Actress for Kellie Bright - who plays Linda Carter.
Back to top Go down

June Brown is going blind Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Brown is going blind   June Brown is going blind EmptyMon May 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Aww I hope she'll be ok health wise and financially. June reminds me of everyones type of granny.
Back to top Go down

June Brown is going blind

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1