HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guillermo del Toro Discusses What He Planned For Silent Hills

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Guillermo del Toro Discusses What He Planned For Silent Hills Empty
PostSubject: Guillermo del Toro Discusses What He Planned For Silent Hills   Guillermo del Toro Discusses What He Planned For Silent Hills EmptySat May 16, 2015 2:46 pm

http://411mania.com/games/guillermo-del-toro-discusses-what-he-planned-for-silent-hills/

While Silent Hills is no longer in development, Guillermo del Toro is explaining what he had planned for the game. Del Toro spoke with IGN about the game, which was canceled by Konami after Hideo Kojima cut ties with the company. Check out the highlights:

On what he had planned: “What we wanted to do with the game – and we were very much in agreement on this – was to take the technology and make it as cutting-edge as we could in creating terror in the house. The idea was very, very atmosphere-drenched. But what made Silent Hill so great was that you had the atmosphere but then you a pay-off with a very active, very intense series of moments. We wanted to do some stuff that I’m pretty sure – just in case it ever comes back, which honestly I would love for somebody to change their mind and we can do it – but in case it comes back there was some stuff that was very new, and I wouldn’t want to spoil it.”

On hopes for the game still: “Norman [Reedus, the Walking Dead actor who was attached to play the lead role] was super happy, Hideo was super happy, and so was I. I know there’s a petition going on the internet and it’s gathering signatures. I would add my signature to it, and hope that someone pays attention…Hideo and I have been in touch. And he knows he would be the only guy I would follow to the ends of the earth on anything. I think if anything can be rescued, I will be more than happy.”

On the fan reaction to the “P.T.” teaser: “P.T. was downloaded enormously, which shows that people have a passion [for the series]. [Silent Hill] hit me at the right time when I played the first one and the second. It’s a truly great mythology and too great a storytelling arena to let die. It’s too good.”

On if he’ll try to make another game: “Well, you know, I’ve tried twice and I don’t know if I’ll ever come back to the form. In one instance, the company went down, and in the second, the completely unexpected happened, which was Kojima and Konami separating. It’s kind of left me reeling.”

On the cancellation and removal of P.T. from the PS Store: “Honestly that’s what surprised me. It was a sort of scorched earth approach. It was not a gentle and ambiguous cancellation.”
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Guillermo del Toro Discusses What He Planned For Silent Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guillermo del Toro Discusses What He Planned For Silent Hills   Guillermo del Toro Discusses What He Planned For Silent Hills EmptySat May 16, 2015 4:14 pm

I reaaaaally reaaaaaalllly hope they make the game.
Back to top Go down

Guillermo del Toro Discusses What He Planned For Silent Hills

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1