Dragonball: Discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Dragonball:  Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 6:59 am

At the risk of sounding condescending as hell, I'm going to say this:

There is a LOT wrong with your statement, especially in your comparisons of Goku and Superman as characters (like the fact that there are plenty of characters stronger than Superman and MANY others that have saved the day and beaten him in a straight up fight several times, like Wonder Woman.), but I'm not going to bring it up because you put it down simply enough with one statement. At the end of the day, it's your opinion.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 8:02 am

I always get annoyed when Bob asks me if I seen Super Saiyan 4 or whatever. The amount of power ups sounds silly now.

I'm not too interested in a new series. I'd watch it if it's on Cartoon Network though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Batman wrote:
At the risk of sounding condescending as hell, I'm going to say this:

There is a LOT wrong with your statement, especially in your comparisons of Goku and Superman as characters (like the fact that there are plenty of characters stronger than Superman and MANY others that have saved the day and beaten him in a straight up fight several times, like Wonder Woman.), but I'm not going to bring it up because you put it down simply enough with one statement. At the end of the day, it's your opinion.

Last note on this, a major factor to keep in mind is, you could bring up a dozen facts about Superman and I wouldn't know fact from fiction when it comes to his history due to my lack of interest. I'm sure there's plenty wrong with it, but from a non-fan perspective, that's as much as I'll ever care to feel about it.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Goku was booked like the ultimate babyface. The number of clean losses he takes in the series is pretty... non-existent. Roshi is dusty-finish. Tien is dusty finish. He loses to Mercenary Tao but then gets the return win. Raditz is a dusty finish. Cell is a dusty finish. Vegeta is a dusty finish. Buu is a dusty finish. This dude never lost Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Yeah That

^^ I know. I don't expect you to know everything about Superman, but if you wanted to learn more, I'd be willing to discuss it with you. It seems like you don't want to talk about it though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:05 pm

So many DB Elitist fan boys who are so uppity with what is canon in the DBverse. Many believe only the manga is Canon, that only certain things in the anime is canon and most of the movies and filler and GT are non-canon.

to me there is two types of canon. Manga canon and Anime canon. I also believe a lot of the movies could fit into the anime canon.

Cooler's Revenge would take place in the three year gap before the arrival of the androids.

Broly's first movie could have taken place during that 10 day gap before the cell games

Bojack Unbound takes place a couple days after the Cell Games.

The two battle of God Movies are canon as stated by Akira.

what do you guys think?

Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 1:18 am

Man I ain't worried about the canon NAH

I'm hyped about this new series Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 1:27 am

I thought all the movies were cannon to the anime series. I didn't see that many though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 2:04 am

no the movies were mostly NOT cannon.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 4:12 am

Yeah That neither is GT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragonball: Discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2