HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ed Sheeran to release three albums in three years

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Ed Sheeran to release three albums in three years Empty
PostSubject: Ed Sheeran to release three albums in three years   Ed Sheeran to release three albums in three years EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 1:13 pm

Ed Sheeran is planning to release three albums in three years.
The 22-year-old singer is set to treat his fans to a wealth of new material, including a long-awaited follow up to his 2011 debut studio album '+', in 2014 followed by albums in 2015 and 2016.
While he has already penned 70 tracks, he is yet to decide which direction his upcoming record will take.

He said: ''I've demoed 70 songs. I'm hoping to release three [albums] in three years.
''I've got the whole months of October and November to decide what to do.''
Ed has teamed up with legendary producer Rick Rubin - who has worked with the likes of LL Cool J, Eminem, Slipknot and Sir Mick Jagger - on his second studio album and is delighted with the amount of help he has got from the Def Jam Records co-founder.
He added to Rolling Stone magazine: ''Rick had an idea of me recording it completely acoustic and then adding [more instrumentation later].

''There are just so many tunes and so many directions to go with the album that I don't really know.
''He's got one beanbag [chair] in [this big room] and two speakers by the beanbag, and you sit on the beanbag and play him tunes.
''It's completely sparse - there's nothing in it but a beanbag and two speakers. It's f***ing amazing.
''He's been a very, very helpful guy ... But as far as the record is concerned, production-wise, I don't really know where I'm gonna go with it yet.''
Back to top Go down

Ed Sheeran to release three albums in three years

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1