HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sam Smith 'overwhelmed' with double number one

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Sam Smith 'overwhelmed' with double number one Empty
PostSubject: Sam Smith 'overwhelmed' with double number one   Sam Smith 'overwhelmed' with double number one EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Sam Smith was left ''overwhelmed'' after achieving a double number one yesterday (15.03.15).

The 22-year-old singer couldn't believe his luck when his song 'Lay Me Down' - which he recorded with John Legend for charity Comic Relief - topped the UK Singles chart, and he was equally as surprised to see his album 'In The Lonely Hour' return to the summit of the UK Album chart.

He tweeted: ''I am in complete shock. A double number one!!!!

''Music is my therapy and I'm so overwhelmed mine can be yours. I'll never forget this moment x (sic)''

Sam's album returning to the number one spot meant he stopped Madonna from achieving her 12th number one with her record 'Rebel Heart', which had looked set to top the chart earlier in the week, but he was particularly pleased with his charity version of Lay Me Down's huge achievement after it managed sales of 105,000.

He wrote: ''Thank you with all my heart for making 'Lay Me Down' number one!! Truly the most important song and number one I've ever had!!

''Massive shout out to comic relief, @johnlegend and @jimmynapes on making this possible!! Such an incredible cause!! Overwhelmed x (sic)''

Sam's album returning to number one was a particularly big achievement as it marked the sixth time the record has been number one, which is a record for a male solo artist.
Back to top Go down

Sam Smith 'overwhelmed' with double number one

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1