HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season Empty
PostSubject: 'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season   'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 2:16 pm

HBO is giving "True Blood" the final death. After Season 6's finale's ratings were down from both the Season 6 premiere and Season 5's finale, the network decided that the previously announced Season 7 will be the show's final season.

"'True Blood' has been nothing short of a defining show for HBO," HBO president Michael Lombardo says in a statement. "Alan Ball took the books by Charlaine Harris, assembled a brilliant cast led by the magnificent Anna Paquin in the role of Sookie Stackhouse, and crafted a show that has taken its many devoted fans on an unforgettable journey."

He continues, "Alan passed the baton to Brian Buckner, who led our fantastic writers and crew in crafting a spectacular sixth season, and he will lead us through the seventh and final season of this amazing show. Together with its legions of fans, it will be hard to say goodbye to the residents of Bon Temps, but I look forward to what promises to be a fantastic final chapter of this incredible show."

Brian Buckner, who took over "True Blood's" reins in Season 6, will continue acting as showrunner in Season 7. He previously teased that the love story in the show will be between Sookie, Bill and Alcide in Season 7, instead of Sookie, Bill and Eric. Beyond that, little is known about the new season.

"I feel enormously proud to have been a part of the 'True Blood' family since the very beginning," Buckner says in a press release. "I guarantee that there's not a more talented or harder-working cast and crew out there, and I'd like to extend a personal heartfelt thanks to them for their dedication and tenacity over the years, especially this past year, as I stepped into a larger role."

He adds, "Thank you also to HBO for their unwavering support and of course to Alan Ball, whose genius enabled all of us to share in this incredible journey. Finally, a huge thank you to the most passionate fans in television. As we take a final walk through Bon Temps together, we will do our very best to bring Sookie's story to a close with heart, imagination and, of course, fun."

"True Blood's" seventh and final season will air in 2014.

Source: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/09/true-blood-to-end-its-run-in-2014-season-7-will-be-final-season.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season   'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 3:56 am

Sad

I know it's probably run it's course. But I'm gonna miss looking forward to a new season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season   'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 9:16 am

I watched the 1st series which was good and then stopped I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: 'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season   'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Yeah That Indifferent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season   'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 8:07 pm

Blasphemy!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season   'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season Empty

Back to top Go down

'True Blood' to end its run in 2014: Season 7 will be final season

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1