HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shawn Michaels Talks To WWE About The “Lost Years”, Working Through Injury To Get To Wrestlemania XIV, Turning His Life Around, His 2002 Wrestling Comeback

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Shawn Michaels Talks To WWE About The “Lost Years”, Working Through Injury To Get To Wrestlemania XIV, Turning His Life Around, His 2002 Wrestling Comeback Empty
PostSubject: Shawn Michaels Talks To WWE About The “Lost Years”, Working Through Injury To Get To Wrestlemania XIV, Turning His Life Around, His 2002 Wrestling Comeback   Shawn Michaels Talks To WWE About The “Lost Years”, Working Through Injury To Get To Wrestlemania XIV, Turning His Life Around, His 2002 Wrestling Comeback EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 1:23 pm

WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels recently talked to WWE.com while promoting his new book, “Wrestling for My Life: The Legend, the Reality and the Faith of a WWE Superstar.”

Michaels discussed a number of topics including his WWE departure following Wrestlemania XIV, turning his life around and making amends in WWE, training to comeback, and more. You can read a few excerpts below:

Michaels on how he got through the Road to Wrestlemania XIV:

We were doing [No Way Out] in February, and we worked it so I would have that one off. It would give me time to do everything I could to get into the best condition I could get in. Even though I was pulling a bunch of hi-jinks with the company, I had every intention of going to WrestleMania and making sure the company could continue on with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin. At that time, we had this guy in California who could do deep tissue massage. He came down to my place in Texas, and between that and modern medicine, I was able to get to WrestleMania and make it through that match. Obviously, it was pretty uncomfortable. I didn’t have the mobility in my legs I normally have.

What made Michaels finally get cleaned up and turn his life around?

The final moment was when my son was 2 years old and I was half-in-the-bag on the couch, and him thinking I was tired. I realized, “My goodness, he’s starting to notice. This isn’t something you’ll be able to hide from him.” It broke my heart. I just could not bear the thought of this innocent baby being ruined by something he had absolutely nothing to do with. I decided there needed to be a change — and a drastic one.

Michaels on how he got ready for his comeback in 2002:

I remember training and looking for the right way to work out with my back and sometimes being too overly careful. Finally, one day I told myself, “You’ve been an athlete your whole life. You just need to get back in there and train like you used to and see what happens. You can add some cardio and yoga, but don’t be so timid about it. Get in there and train.” As I did that, I got in better shape. With the match getting closer, it was more a concern of whether I could go physically and cardiovascular-wise. You do your best, with the realization that nothing gets you in ring-shape better than being in the ring. Triple H was the same way. I even made the trip up to Connecticut and we both went to get in the ring. I ran on those ropes one time and did a sunset flip with him, and I told him, “I can’t do this. I can’t get in the ring and practice.” So we said it’s going to have be there come ring time. The result was better than both of us imagined.

For more with Michaels, including the amount of contact he had with WWE while he was away, a life-changing phone call with Kevin Nash, and more, click here for the full interview.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/shawn-michaels-lost-years-interview-27073396
Back to top Go down

Shawn Michaels Talks To WWE About The “Lost Years”, Working Through Injury To Get To Wrestlemania XIV, Turning His Life Around, His 2002 Wrestling Comeback

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1