??? "Time's Up"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

??? "Time's Up" Empty
PostSubject: ??? "Time's Up"   ??? "Time's Up" EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:38 am

Due: Friday, September 13th at 11:59PM EDT (UTC -4 Hours)

Endure
Jobber

??? "Time's Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: ??? "Time's Up"   ??? "Time's Up" EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:45 am

It is time.

All the speculation is over.

This company now belongs to me.

Please, close your eyes and join hands.

Together, we shall pray.

Not just for a better tomorrow…

But for a better today.

Pray to me, my subjects.

For I am the only one that can answer your prayers.

Believe in me and I shall protect you.

I'm here now.

It'll be alright.

Welcome me.

The lights all throughout the arena immediately go out. All that can be seen are flashes from cameras, as the fans cheer in excitement. Their cheering begins to soften as time passes and nothing happens. Until…

"OWAHAHAHAH!"

A huge explosion goes off on the entrance stage as Disturbed's "Down With The Sickness" begins playing, accompanied with heavy cheers from the audience, realizing exactly who this is.

Ted Cedar
"Oh my God! It's him?!"

Adam Dennis
"Hell. Yes."

The mystery man reveals himself, popping out of the smoke caused by the explosion. It's none other than WWA Hall of Famer Thomas Barnez! Upon actually seeing him, the crowd gets even louder, as Thomas sports a grin across his face, almost covered up by his long hair.

Ted Cedar
"Thomas Barnez is back!"

Adam Dennis
"I need to change my pants."

Thomas makes his way down the ramp, slapping hands with fans in attendance as his loud music continues to play. Upon reaching the squared circle, he jogs up the steel steps and enters over the top rope. After entering, he heads across the ring and asks somebody for a microphone; XWA ring announcer Laura Watts handing him one from ringside. Thomas goes to talk, but the audience's cheers are a bit too loud for him to speak over so he waits, with a smirk still on his face. Perhaps he didn't expect such a warm welcome from the fans. Eventually, he pulls the microphone up to his mouth so speak.

Thomas Barnez
"Heh…Warm welcome, eh?"

Just hearing the gigantic man speak causes another outburst of cheers.

Thomas Barnez
"Alright, alright, calm down. It's not like I'm Megaboy, or DC Comics, or whatever the hell those people are called. It's just your friendly neighborhood Tommy Barnez here. I come bearing some good news and some bad news. Being as though I like devastation before pleasure, I'll say the bad news first. I'm not here to wrestle."

The audience immediately begins to boo. Barnez lets out a slight chuckle at this.

Thomas Barnez
"I know, I know. It sucks, but let's face it. I'm forty years old. There are some people who wrestle clear into their sixties, but not me. I'm in great shape for my age and I wanna keep it that way. You need to know when to let go…And it's time for me to let go. That's why I'm officially announcing my retirement from in-ring competition."

Some members of the audience continue to boo, whilst others are a bit more respectful of Barnez and quiet down.

Thomas Barnez
"Believe me when I say this. I wish I could keep going, but I just can't. I want to live a long, healthy life, and you guys know me. If I step back into the ring to fight, I won't stop until every body in the ring is broken; mine included. I've been in this business for a grueling nine and a half years. I've been in some of the most hardcore matches every imaginable against the toughest opponents a guy can ask for. The Ace Acids. The Danny Diamonds. The Lx-Tims. The list goes on and on. I'm a Hall of Famer and I'm damn sure one of the biggest men to ever step foot inside a ring. I'm proud of my career and I hope all of you are as well."

The jeers begin to turn back to cheers as Thomas delivers his retirement speech.

Thomas Barnez
"I've been involved in some completely idiotic moments in my wrestling career. I mean, just listen to one word. GaRawnt. 2WWF fans will know. At the same time, I've had so many amazing moments that I can't even count. I keep coming back to this thinking I still got time, I can still have that one last run. But I don't. I can't. My time is over, as much as it saddens me to say that. I've got a family. My wife and I have three kids, two of which are just five years old. I need to spend time with my family. I need to slow down. I just can't keep risking my personal well being for one last shot at being a World Heavyweight Champion again. Having said that, I love all of you and I'm going to miss all of you."

The fans have now begun to cheer the big man again.

Thomas Barnez
"Let's not get too soppy, though. I'd still kick you all in the face if you pissed me off. Now, I didn't just come here to announce my retirement. What kind of shitty mystery reveal would that be? Although the production team that created my video packages did a horrible job. They barely got me any hype! Regardless, the point is I'm here for another reason as well. And now I bring to you, the 'good news' I mentioned earlier. See, I mentioned having three children, two of which still live at home with me. The other one? Well, ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you all to…Jerod Barnez!"

"Killing In The Name" by Rage Against The Machine hits the PA System. At the seventeen second mark, a man reaching about six foot six and weighing in the mid-to-late two hundred pounds steps onto the stage, receiving a mixed reaction from the audience. He has short, dark brown, spiky hair and sports black trunks with JB written in red on the back with a red square around it, black knee and elbow pads, black fingerless gloves and black boots with red laces. Clearly, he's dressed to fight. Jerod makes his way to the ring.

Ted Cedar
"So, this is…Jerod Barnez? Thomas' son?"

Adam Dennis
"It seems that way."

Once he reaches the ring, Jerod pulls himself onto the apron and then enters the squared circle. Like his father did, he asks for a microphone from ringside.

Thomas Barnez
"That's right, everyone, this man right here is my son. And, as you can probably tell from the way he's dressed, he is indeed here to wrestle. Jerod is an official member of the XWA roster and—"

Jerod Barnez
"I got it from here, dad."

Some audience members boo Jerod for interrupting his father, although Thomas doesn't seem to mind.

Jerod Barnez
"I know what you're all thinking. 'Thomas' son? So what? Why should I care?' I bet you all think I'm not as good as my father was and that I'm just here to use his name to boost my own career. You're wrong. My dad was an amazing wrestler and I'm certainly nowhere near his level. I can only hope to be there someday. As for me using his name to boost my career? Never. I love wrestling. I've been a huge fan since I was five years old. I started training at the age of thirteen to do this. It's my passion. I don't care who my father is, I was destined to be a wrestler. Tonight, all I want to do is prove to all of you that I'm here because I deserve to be here, not that I'm here because my father is Thomas Barnez. That's why I'm issuing an open challenge to anybody on the roster, right here, right now!"

The audience members lightly cheer, some beginning to come across to this young man, whilst others believe he still has a lot to prove.

Jerod Barnez
"So who's it gonna be? Who wants to tangle with the future of XWA? Who wants to be the first ever person to take on Jerod Barnez?"

"METAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!"

The instantly recognisable theme of Minkaro is the answer to Jerod Barnez's challenge, and the Bionic Technician appears on the ramp almost instantaneously, with a microphone in his hand. As he walks down the ramp, he signals for his music to be cut.

Minkaro: I accept your challenge. Let's just get that out of the way right now. I've been hanging around backstage listening to Thomas speak, and as soon as you came out I made my way to that area just behind the curtain, because whether you made an open challenge or not, I was coming out here to talk to you.

By now Minkaro has reached the ring and climbed up the stairs. He pauses to step through the ropes and step into the squared circle, where he nods towards Thomas Barnez, and receives a nod in return.

Minkaro: The son of Thomas Barnez. The son of the man who took WWA by storm and got into their hall of fame. That's going to be tough to live up to, and a guy who comes out here with the confidence that you have has a great chance of filling those boots. Which suggests to me that your first match is going to be a match that people should be watching out for. Which is why I want to be your opponent for that match.

I never got the chance to wrestle your father, although he certainly took his opportunity to hit me with The Gore when he could.

Minkaro shoots a mock glare towards Thomas, who shrugs and smirks in response.

Minkaro: So how about it? Jerod Barnez vs. Minkaro. You get the chance to win your first match in XWA, your first match in wrestling, against me, and I get the chance to become XWA Champion. Best of all, the fans get to see a great match.

Jerod stands across the ring from Minkaro, before whispering something to his father. Thomas nods.

Jerod Barnez
"Y'know, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a fan of yours. The legendary Minkaro, first ever inductee into the 2WWF League of Legends. Just like my dad, you'd have one hell of a career. Now, I don't know if you're coming out here expecting an easy win to just give yourself the XWA World Heavyweight Championship or what, but trust me when I say this; I'm gonna make you work for that win. You want Jerod Barnez vs. Minkaro? You got it. Get an official out here."

The crowd bursts out in cheers as Minkaro grins. Jerod again whispers something to Thomas, whom nods once more before exiting the ring and making his way up the ramp. Quickly passing him on the ramp is XWA referee Ryu Sanu.

Ted Cedar
"Well, it looks like this match is official! This is huge!"

Adam Dennis
"Let's just hope Jerod can live up to his father's name."

The referee enters the ring as the two men get ready for battle.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

??? "Time's Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: ??? "Time's Up"   ??? "Time's Up" EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:47 am

Boo.

Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

??? "Time's Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: ??? "Time's Up"   ??? "Time's Up" EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:50 am

I don't want to be a dick, but having it be a secondary(Or thirdary) character was a big letdown to me. Neutral

On the flipside, beat Minkaro... But lose to Razor and Rellim. shifty
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

??? "Time's Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: ??? "Time's Up"   ??? "Time's Up" EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:51 am

Yeah That Shaking Head very disappointing I aint bothered

Back to top Go down

??? "Time's Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: ??? "Time's Up"   ??? "Time's Up" EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:51 am

Thomas Barnez!!! I prefered Danny though
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

??? "Time's Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: ??? "Time's Up"   ??? "Time's Up" EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:53 am

Yeah, I knew people would be let-down. Although, Jerod will be my new main character from hence-forth, not my secondary or thirdary, as you put it.

Hopefully people can look passed the mind-shattering disappointment that this was and enjoy the promo and what's to come.

Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

??? "Time's Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: ??? "Time's Up"   ??? "Time's Up" EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:54 am

He not using Thomas. ilike obviously didn't read the promo I aint bothered

Back to top Go down

??? "Time's Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: ??? "Time's Up"   ??? "Time's Up" EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:54 am

So we still have someone mysteriously for Chilly? OMG!
Back to top Go down

??? "Time's Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: ??? "Time's Up"   ??? "Time's Up" EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:55 am

Vitalyzd wrote:
He not using Thomas. ilike obviously didn't read the promo I aint bothered
I didn't cause I'm tired af. It's almost 2 AM I'm about to call it a night, but I saw Thomas Barnez and I just kinda marked out a little bit lol but oh well I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

??? "Time's Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: ??? "Time's Up"   ??? "Time's Up" EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:57 am

I love the fact that you have "Down With The Sickness" as his entrance.

So ??? Vs ??? is Minkaro Vs Jerod Barnez.

Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

??? "Time's Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: ??? "Time's Up"   ??? "Time's Up" EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 7:31 am

That's Thomas' theme, actually. Jerod has a different theme.

But yes, it will be Jerod vs. Minkaro. And what a glorious match it will be.

??? "Time's Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: ??? "Time's Up"   ??? "Time's Up" EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:29 am

Awesome work guys. I obviously dont know the history of Barnez, but that was a nice way of summing it up. Looking forward to where Jerod goes from here. Big Grin!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

??? "Time's Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: ??? "Time's Up"   ??? "Time's Up" Empty

Back to top Go down

??? "Time's Up"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1