HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CZW Tangled Web 6 8-10-13 Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

CZW Tangled Web 6 8-10-13 Review Empty
PostSubject: CZW Tangled Web 6 8-10-13 Review   CZW Tangled Web 6 8-10-13 Review EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:38 am

Before i start this mini review, let it be known that i dont give 2 shits about CZW. I feel the company is trying to be a knockoff of the old school ECW and its ultraviolence is too over the top. With that being said, i watched this show without bias so here we go:

JT Dunn vs David Starr: 3 out of 5
Winner: Starr

Joe Gacy, Alex Colon & Biff Busick vs Matt Tremont, Shane Strickland & Greg Excellent: 3 out of 5
Winners: Gacy, Colon & Busick

Naveah vs Shanna: 2 out of 5
Winner: Navaeh

Shane Hollister vs Caleb Konley: 4 out of 5
Winner: Konley

4Loco vs The Beaver Boys: 5 out 5
Winners: 4Loco

CZW Wired Championship
AR Fox (c) vs Andrew Everett: 5 out of 5
Winner: Fox

CZW Tag Team Championship
BLKOut (c) vs The Osirian Portal: 2 out of 5
Winners: Osirian Portal via DQ

CZW World Championship
MASADA (c) vs Drew Gulak: 3 out of 5
Winner: Gulak

Tangled Web 6 Match
Danny Havoc, Devon Moore & Lucky 13 vs Drew Blood, Ron Mathis & Rory Mondo: 1 out of 5
Winners: Havoc, Moore & Lucky 13

Clearly the best matches on this show were the Wired Championship Match, 4Loko/Beaver Boys and Shane Hollister/Caleb Konley. All the guys in this match are extremely talented and deserve a shot in a major company someday. AR Fox defintely belongs in ROH or TNA at some point, the kid can go and he reminds me a little bit of Kenny King. My favorite spot of the entire show was in the tag match where John Silver threw his opponents, his partner and even the referee literally across the ring, that's a good display of power and he's not even a big dude. Konley/Hollister was another bright spot in a company dedicated to the hardcore style, it was refreshing, it was WRESTLING.

Now onto what i didnt like....the women's match was just a clusterfuck and DJ Hyde is worthless, why he's even in any kind of company is staggering. The CZW Tag Team Championship match was a complete mess, there were some good high spots but you could tell the referee lost complete control. Onto the main event, which by far, i hated the most. I know CZW's gimmick is ultraviolence, but my god...why. It's pointless, it does nothing for wrestling and all it does is serve as "bloodlust" so to speak for the crowd and the viewing audience. I'm honestly surprised no one got seriously hurt during some of those spots, one including a dude being death valley drivered through a contraption with nails sticking through.

My overall review of this show is a 3 out of 5 and that's generous, considering the promos are nothing but the f bomb being dropped and the unneeded notion of constant violence.
Back to top Go down

CZW Tangled Web 6 8-10-13 Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1