HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  Empty
PostSubject: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:02 am

WWE Superstar Darren Young offered the following criticism of WWE’s upcoming tour of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.

Homosexuality is a crime in the country, and is actually punishable by jail sentences:

Why do we bring the best entertainment into a country like abu dhabi and they look down upon women and gays? I get it! #MillionsofDollars

— nodaysoff D-Young (@DarrenYoungWWE) February 10, 2015

..................................................................................................................

As we reported earlier this evening, WWE Superstar Darren Young criticized the upcoming WWE tour of Abu Dhabi, in protest of the United Arab Emirates stance against homosexuality. Moments later, he deleted the controversial Tweets and posted the following in response:

My freedom of speech is gone. Gone but not forgotten.

— nodaysoff D-Young (@DarrenYoungWWE) February 11, 2015

I feel like no none has my back and it upsets me. The struggle is real. I’m human.

— nodaysoff D-Young (@DarrenYoungWWE) February 11, 2015

Young also re-tweeted a fan’s message to him that WWE taking his freedom away “makes those MLK & veteran montages WWE plays a bit laughable.”

..................................................................................................................

WWE has issued the following statement on Darren Young, who spoke out against the upcoming tour of Abu-Dhabi on social media this afternoon.

WWE does not discriminate against individuals regardless of age, race, religion or sexual orientation, and we continue to proudly support Fred Rosser (aka WWE Superstar Darren Young) for being open about his sexuality.

Unfortunately, WWE cannot change cultures and laws around the world, and thus we did not send Fred Rosser to the United Arab Emirates for our upcoming events for his own protection.

WWE also fully supports Fred Rosser’s right to express his views on personal social media accounts rather than WWE’s corporate platforms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:03 am

clap Darren Young speak the truth
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 11:39 am

Tough spot for both parties. Young is spot on, but WWE doesn't want whiplash from the place. Good they came up and still supported him, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:18 pm

I like how he's blasting WWE for something they can't even control
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:25 pm

^ He probably feels like WWE shouldn't tour there, instead of complying with their backwards laws. I can't say I disagree, it's not like there aren't a million other places they could go that would sell just as many tickets.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:29 pm

Yeah That

WWE CAN control which country they want or don't want to tour in.

But at the end of the day, this is a quick cash grab from WWE. They endorse equality all they want to, but they are never gonna turn down the opportunity to take the money from the Sheikh Bruh......
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:44 pm

It would mean more to WWE if someone like Pat Paterson was pissed about this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:58 pm

Yeah That
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 6:37 pm

I understand what he means, but... then Jack Swagger would be one to complain about WWE going to Canada, knowing he can't go there for other legal reasons... same thing no?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Yeah Canada sucks Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:33 pm

Fuck that backwards country. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:39 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
It would mean more to WWE if someone like Pat Paterson was pissed about this.

To be fair, it wouldnt really affect him as much because he's not a performer and i doubt he leaves CT a whole lot. Darren Young on the other hand is a performer and since he's very vocal about his sexuality the country probably has a good idea of what he thinks.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:49 pm

MooseNugget wrote:

Batman wrote:

Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  Tee-hee
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:13 pm

I was talking about Abu Dhabi, dhammit! Mad as hell
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:20 pm

Why would you say "fuck that backwards country" about a city?

Your excuses are flawed.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:28 pm

Well, to be fair, I was talking about all UAE countries, I just didn't know how to make it sound cool. Sad
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:30 pm

All of them?

You mean the United Arab Emirates that is...a country? As in one?

I mean, this information is readily available on the internet, but obviously Google has been blocked in California. Is there anything else you'd like me to search?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:35 pm

Yes, "How to stop being a dick to Razor" Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:37 pm

I searched that. The fact that "dick" and "Razor" were part of the search means that I got some results I did not want.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:01 pm

ROFL!
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 4:17 am

Mink wrote:
MooseNugget wrote:

Batman wrote:

Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  Tee-hee
ROFL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 7:00 am

Batman wrote:
I was talking about Abu Dhabi, dhammit! Mad as hell
Someone didn't have proper Geography education Duck

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 11:56 am

It's funny. I'm listening to The Wresting Observer Radio. WWE praised Ernie Ladd for standing up to racism and they end up deleting Darren Young's Tweets Funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour    Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour  Empty

Back to top Go down

Darren Young Criticizes WWE Tour

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1