HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream Empty
PostSubject: SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream   SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:17 pm

A Twitch streamer based in St Cloud, Minnesota, on Thursday aired an emotional message to the anonymous culprit who summoned a SWAT team to raid his home.

Joshua Peters, who serves in the US Air Force, broke down in tears on camera after explaining that--moments prior--an armed SWAT team of about ten officers had forced their way through his home.

Police were called to Peters' abode while he was playing a livestream of Runescape in front of an estimated 60,000 viewers. Webcam footage shows Peters lifting off his headset after his mother, off-camera, explains that officers have entered the house.

Moments later, Peter returns to the camera to explain his family had been raided by police due to a fake distress call. It was one of Peters' ten year-old brothers who answered the front door when armed police arrived.

"I had police point a gun at my little brothers because of you," Peters said in a message to the anonymous culprit, who had also posted his address on the Twitch stream chat log.

"They could have been shot, they could have died because you chose to SWAT my stream," he said, holding his emotions.

"I don't give a shit about what you have against me, or what I did to you. For that, I am at a loss for words. Your gripe is with me so let it be with me and do not involve my family in any way, shape or form with this. They don't deserve that."

The illegal hoax call, known as swatting, involves obtaining someone's home address (usually via their IP address) and making a distress call to the police. Often the hoaxer will use masking software that makes the call appear to come from the victim's house.

While no one has yet died from the prank, one victim of the hoax believes the punishment for the culprits should be an attempted murder sentence.

In an unrelated case, a 19 year-old Las Vegas teen is expected to appear in court on Monday, charged with a spate of Swatting hoaxes. Brandon Wilson, who goes by the online handle "Famed God," faces up to five years in prison.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream   SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:25 pm

It should be attempted murder I aint bothered

Because depending on the cops, you'll have people who react differently. In this case, they came in gun-blazing. In other cases, the cops were calm.

Typically done by fatass douchebags it looks like.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream   SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:40 pm

Man the stupid shit some people do Fail!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Mæstro
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Mæstro

PostSubject: Re: SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream   SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:43 pm

They arrested him he probably killed a cop in GTA.
:nod:
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream   SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:46 pm

ReignsReigns wrote:
They arrested him he probably killed a cop in GTA.
:nod:
They probably killed the cop in crossfire and planted a gun Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream   SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:36 am

Didn't this happen to youtube gamer known as Kootra as well? Last year.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream   SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:55 am

^
I remember something similar happening last year, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream   SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream Empty

Back to top Go down

SWAT Team Raids Gamer's Home During Twitch Stream

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1