HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  Empty
PostSubject: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 12:04 pm

The Windsor Star published a report in which Dave Beachnau, Detroit's Sports Commission's Executive Director, who noted that the city had lost the bid to host WrestleMania 32.

The article notes that Beachnau claimed he was told in June that Detroit would not be hosting the event. However, several weeks ago, there was reportedly an uproar among politicians in Windsor over potential money that would be spent to help bring the bid as part of a partnership with Detroit.

The article also says that Orlando, Florida and Dallas, Texas are the other front runners for WrestleMania 32. Orlando has also been pushing for a WrestleMania return and has also been looking into an upgrade of the Citrus Bowl to assist with the process.

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/295998/City-of-Detroit-Loses-Bid-for-WrestleMania-32.htm#PRZIZ00s8X3Dx0Pv.99
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:45 pm

<.< ffs... bring Wrestlemania to a city that hasn't had it yet, both Dallas and Orlando have held Wrestlemania before.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:07 pm

So has Detroit...twice. Indifferent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:16 pm

The Show Off wrote:
<.< ffs... bring Wrestlemania to a city that hasn't had it yet, both Dallas and Orlando have held Wrestlemania before.
Dallas never held Mania, that was Houston
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:24 pm

^ Indeed, Dallas has never hosted a WM. And honestly, they should take home WM 32, their Cowboys Stadium is magnificent and large, and really WM-worthy.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:36 am

I expect the Dallas TV show theme to be the official song.

8)
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:50 am

Knowing WWE it'll be some Country shit. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 2:06 pm

I want it to be in California Sad

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 5:46 pm

Wrestlemania in Japan? I don\'t know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:22 pm

Bring Wrestlemania back to Canada and no I don't mean Toronto. I aint bothered 
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:18 pm

I'm profoundly sad. Seriously.

City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  FJBloTX
City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:10 am

Are you profoundly sad because WrestleMania 32 won't be in Detroit or because you reside in Detroit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 2:02 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 5:24 am

They were just in Florida like two years ago. Why the fuck go back already? Spread that bitch around.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 11:30 am

Nate wrote:
Wrestlemania in Japan? I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Can't ever see that happening. I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 5:14 pm

No offense, but you really don't have an imagination, do you? The #1 wrestling company in the WORLD... and you can't see them having their biggest pay-per-view of the year somewhere outside of the US and Canada? It's a far stretch, I'll admit, because Japan is also HUGE when it comes to wrestling- what with their mega promotions, but think and just consider the idea as a possibility.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 5:26 pm

No offense but you dont know about the time difference or spoilers do you lol. Those 2 factors are the main reasons why WWE will NEVER hold a Wrestlemania outside of the US. Japan is 13 hours ahead of the East Coast, and i honestly doubt people are going to wake up super early to watch a PPV regardless of what it is. Summerslam '92 was in England and that was on tape delay here in the States, but it worked then because the Internet didnt exist yet so you wouldnt of been spoiled unless you knew someone who lived there and watched it as it happened. Take into account the possibility of spoilers, the Japanese televisions are obviously going to see it first unless it somehow gets streamed on the Internet. It's not about not having an imagination, it's about the logical decision to not hold the biggest PPV in all of wrestling in another country.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Yeah That Funny
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Mysterious Entity wrote:
Are you profoundly sad because WrestleMania 32 won't be in Detroit or because you reside in Detroit?
Detroit ain't that bad. Funny

City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  FJBloTX
City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 10:38 am

STATICK wrote:
Mysterious Entity wrote:
Detroit ain't that bad. Funny
Yeah That 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32    City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32  Empty

Back to top Go down

City of Detroit Loses Bid for WrestleMania 32

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1