HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How was the network handle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

How was the network handle Empty
PostSubject: How was the network handle   How was the network handle EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 12:49 pm

We are getting close to the one year mark since the release of the wwe network.

This network had a very rough first year.

It took months for it to be release internationally, it took even longer for it to be released in the UK.

the sub number goal was too high for WWE's hope. What was it 2 million? 1.5 million they promised their stock holders they would reach? It only has, last I checked, only 700,000. 

Now the network I wouldn't say is a flop, tho it's first year was pretty much a flop. However this is still the right direction to go for the WWE. The PPV model is dying, people are all about the streaming and liking the netflix, the hulu and other stuff like those. cable TV is pretty much dying. So WWE is a front runner for what they are doing with the network, for once it wasn't out of touch. Look at how many other sports are trying to do what the wwe is doing with their network.

However with that being said, I think the handling of the WWE network wasn't really handle  very well. To me it was rushed out way too fast when it was announced. Yes I know they have been teasing the network for years. But when it was finally announced it was going to be an actual thing, it was only 4 or 6 weeks later when it was launched. And it only being available in the states. I understand why they rushed it out. They wanted WM 30 to be the first PPV on their network. That is a very big selling key you can have for your network. However I still think it was rushed out. WWE, imo, should have waited for awhile until they knew they could launch the network in other countries, especially in the UK. Then release the network in the states and all the other countries at the same time or at least maybe a week or month apart.

That's just how I feel about it, how do you all feel about it? Was the network handle well its first year? What are you thoughts on the network? Will the network even last?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: How was the network handle   How was the network handle EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Well I think I really would love having the network if my internet wasn't garbage. I'm just unable to stream any videos by mid-afternoon.

But after Extreme Rules there wasn't a pay per view I really needed to see anyway. I prefer traditional pay per views over streaming things.

I don't know what WWE could have done different to increase buys. If you're a pro wrestling fan with good internet and all the time in the world it's everything you could ever want.

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: How was the network handle   How was the network handle EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 1:57 pm

Whether the PPV model is dying is not really relevant to the question "Is this model working?"

The answer to that question is no. They're losing money. Will they turn the corner now that the network is headed to new markets? Maybe. They're not losing much money.

I think the WWE has internally identified the need to increase TV rights revenue as the primary focus of regaining a profitable model overall with the network. I definitely think the WWE is going to attempt to return to a new brand split in time for their next negotiations. Do not anticipate that NXT will be that brand -- in all likelihood WWE will need a fully functional and separate brand catered toward smarks on the network to keep network figures high.

What I would expect, moving forward, is for the WWE to continue making high profile signings from the "independents" and probably from New Japan. I think WWE will make a move for either Shinsuke Nakamura or Kazuchika Okada in the next two years.

How was the network handle FJBloTX
How was the network handle Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How was the network handle   How was the network handle Empty

Back to top Go down

How was the network handle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1