HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WOW...Just WOW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

WOW...Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: WOW...Just WOW   WOW...Just WOW EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 8:27 pm

I thought for once WWE was going to give John Cena's character a real obstacle, to really show development. Giving him the choice to risk his title shot just to bring his friends back. To make him put money where his mouth is, is he all talk? But noooooo, we can't do that, we have the fans do it for him. Jesus just when I think WWE is actually doing something smart, they pull this. Shouldn't be surprised, but goddamn what a tease.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

WOW...Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW...Just WOW   WOW...Just WOW EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 11:56 pm

I'm so done with you. Funny
Back to top Go down

WOW...Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW...Just WOW   WOW...Just WOW EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 12:05 am

Sorry I like development of characters, especially one who hasn't had any since 2005. Actually trying to make Cena look human by giving him this choice of getting his friends their jobs back by risking his title shot.
Back to top Go down

WOW...Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW...Just WOW   WOW...Just WOW EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 12:16 am

John Cena is the only one whos immune to any kind of change and still be the same amazing wrestler/character ever.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

WOW...Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW...Just WOW   WOW...Just WOW EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 12:21 am

You mean they've NEVER EVER EVER done a "Cena has to make a big moral decision" segment? Like uhhh... the one 3 weeks ago where he decided to bring back the Authority so Rollins wouldn't kill Edge?
Back to top Go down

WOW...Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW...Just WOW   WOW...Just WOW EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 12:25 am

The ending of raw was good yes. But that set up just pissed me off. When they actually teased that Cena had to make this choice, he can wrestle a match in which he can get his friend's their jobs back but risking his title shot if he loses. Or say no and keep his title shot safe. I was legit impressed with that, actually putting pressure onto Cena's character, making him nut up or shut up. The way Cena looked, he looked like he was really weighting the choices. But no we can't have pressure on John Cena. I was ready to actually write how impressed I was with WWE for doing that with Cena's character, even if he had just said yes it would still have been something good. Putting detail into characters, giving Cena this big risk to take.

^ I will give you that, and I will give WWE praise for that.

but still what it represented still urks me.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

WOW...Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW...Just WOW   WOW...Just WOW EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:24 pm

John Cena's character is developed. He's the most developed character in the history of the company. You don't like it because there are no swerves and turns but that's not how real people are. Rarely do people have mental breakdowns and change entire world views.

John is clearly defined. They didn't bother to have him "make the decision" because his character would give no hesitation to it. There is no story in that. John would say "sure" and put his shot on the line because, yanno, he's John Cena.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WOW...Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW...Just WOW   WOW...Just WOW Empty

Back to top Go down

WOW...Just WOW

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: The Squared Circle :: Pro Wrestling Universe + Wrestling Media-