HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

For those of you who have a PS4...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Riley Williamson
Main Eventer

PostSubject: For those of you who have a PS4...   Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:52 am

Is the System well worth the Price? I am considering on getting one since I am well close to the price tag but just want to get your opinions on it.
Back to top Go down
http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Riley_Williamson
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who have a PS4...   Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:15 pm

I love mine.
Back to top Go down
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who have a PS4...   Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:34 pm

yeah its worth it

TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who have a PS4...   Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:41 pm

Yeah, you can play with us lot YO
Back to top Go down
Riley Williamson
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who have a PS4...   Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:57 pm

^ But the only downside is that you have to pay for Online. If I am mistaken and heard correctly..

Okay, It seems like everyone says yes to buying the System but what games would you recommend for it? I know that if I do get The PS4 right off the bat, I am getting WatchDogs. I have been itching to play that game and heard great reviews about it. Call of Duty is a definite maybe, though I may end up getting that as well since I am a huge Shooter fan.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who have a PS4...   Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:03 pm

I've had one since release day and I love it.

When PSN isn't like under maintenance (which is rather a lot, really) it's really nice. The user interface is WAY better and cleaner than the PS3 ever was, removing all the stupid shitty options you never gave a fuck about (eg. printer options. Who the fuck prints shit?). They've introduced themes recently, so you can change the colours on there and download ones based on games, some you have to pay for, but the free ones are nice.

Also, if you get PS Plus, that's a pretty good service now as they've actually started introducing triple A games rather than just indy ones, not there is anything wrong with indy games, most just ain't for me.

And the dualshock 4 is just perfect this time. The triggers are now actually triggers, the thumbsticks are ribbed so you can grip them much better and they come in red and blue too. I have a red one and it's really, really slick looking.

On a sidenote, and I may just have got launch day luck on this, but the original PS4 I got arrived with the disc drive broken and the dualshock started sticking. But I am fairly certain that was down to Amazon shipping in in a box big enough to actually live in with now padding to stop it smashing around. The Sony customer support was very friendly and easy to deal with. They also have as service online to quickly get a replacement for the dualshocks, so you just fill in a form without having to actually call anybody up. Taken less than a week to get a new one.

All in all, I personally love the console. It's had teething issues since launch, but I highly doubt you'd ever experience them as it's over a year old now and all the shit has been fixed.

Games wise, Watch_Dogs is really good. Ignore the bad reviews, they were just expecting crazy levels of details that GTA has, which is ludicrous. Destiny is really enjoyable, but you need to commit to playing it, as it has a shit ton of grinding. DriveClub is the best looking game they have, as the weather effects on that as unreal...and I have a pretty old HD TV now, so I imagine it's even better on newer ones. I also have The Last of Us for it, but I have not played it yet...only the PS3 version, but I imagine it's just as awesome. Get Wolfenstein too. Great shooter. Tomb Raider is also brilliant, as the graphics are nicely done. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is beautiful looking, but it doesn't take long to complete at all. But I think it's pretty cheap now, so worth a shot.

And yes, you have to pay for online, but that was inevitable and it's how it will always be from now on. But like I said, PS Plus is pretty good.

Also, nothing is really ever worth the price xD
Back to top Go down
Dead
Bullet Club
Bullet Club

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who have a PS4...   Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:22 pm

Watch_Dogs and Driveclub are broken as fuck, and it's just not reviewers saying it...it's coming from EVERYONE. If you want a decent racing game, get The Crew.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who have a PS4...   Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:26 pm

Wait 9 months and get Final Fantasy 15 and No Man's Sky. I aint bothered

Destiny's good, too.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who have a PS4...   Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:28 pm

They are not broken. DriveClub is pretty much fixed now and I play it no issues every single day (plus they give you free DLC as an aplogy). And where Watch_Dogs was broken is beyond me. I had that day one and never had issues.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who have a PS4...   Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:31 pm

Yeah, it's the PC version of WD that's a glitchy mess. The problem with the console versions is that the game is boring. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who have a PS4...   Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:25 pm

DriveClub is worthless as a driving game since it has no local multiplayer I aint bothered

Wolfenstein's a good FPS. GTA is gorgeous on the current gen. Destiny's good if you have people to play with. Shadow of Mordor's good if you enjoy that type of game (hack + slash meets Assassin's Creed).
Back to top Go down
Riley Williamson
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who have a PS4...   Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:49 am

@Chilly wrote:
I've had one since release day and I love it.

When PSN isn't like under maintenance (which is rather a lot, really) it's really nice. The user interface is WAY better and cleaner than the PS3 ever was, removing all the stupid shitty options you never gave a fuck about (eg. printer options. Who the fuck prints shit?). They've introduced themes recently, so you can change the colours on there and download ones based on games, some you have to pay for, but the free ones are nice.

Also, if you get PS Plus, that's a pretty good service now as they've actually started introducing triple A games rather than just indy ones, not there is anything wrong with indy games, most just ain't for me.

And the dualshock 4 is just perfect this time. The triggers are now actually triggers, the thumbsticks are ribbed so you can grip them much better and they come in red and blue too. I have a red one and it's really, really slick looking.

On a sidenote, and I may just have got launch day luck on this, but the original PS4 I got arrived with the disc drive broken and the dualshock started sticking. But I am fairly certain that was down to Amazon shipping in in a box big enough to actually live in with now padding to stop it smashing around. The Sony customer support was very friendly and easy to deal with. They also have as service online to quickly get a replacement for the dualshocks, so you just fill in a form without having to actually call anybody up. Taken less than a week to get a new one.

All in all, I personally love the console. It's had teething issues since launch, but I highly doubt you'd ever experience them as it's over a year old now and all the shit has been fixed.

Games wise, Watch_Dogs is really good. Ignore the bad reviews, they were just expecting crazy levels of details that GTA has, which is ludicrous. Destiny is really enjoyable, but you need to commit to playing it, as it has a shit ton of grinding. DriveClub is the best looking game they have, as the weather effects on that as unreal...and I have a pretty old HD TV now, so I imagine it's even better on newer ones. I also have The Last of Us for it, but I have not played it yet...only the PS3 version, but I imagine it's just as awesome. Get Wolfenstein too. Great shooter. Tomb Raider is also brilliant, as the graphics are nicely done. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is beautiful looking, but it doesn't take long to complete at all. But I think it's pretty cheap now, so worth a shot.

And yes, you have to pay for online, but that was inevitable and it's how it will always be from now on. But like I said, PS Plus is pretty good.

Also, nothing is really ever worth the price xD

Thank You for the Sightful Post Mr. Chilly. This really has have helped me decide what games to get. The tache

So, I just have brought my PS4 Today and so far I really am enjoying it. The new layout is beautiful and is clear and crisp looking. One thing that I have found out while using my PS4 is that the games that you brought on your PS3 are not available to use or play on the PS4 to which, I was really surprise about. Hopefully they do an Update soon regarding this situation but otherwise, all is good. Just started downloading my digital copy of The Last of Us (As it came with the System) and I am looking forward to later on going to GameStop and getting WatchDogs.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who have a PS4...   Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:58 am

In this day and age, you'll never get a console that's backwards compatible (unless it's Nintendo). The generations crossover too much now, so the PS3 and 360 are still raking in lots of cash for the two companies. So I wouldn't hold my breath for the PS4 to play PS3 games anytime soon...

Sony are introducing PS Now, which is a rental service where you play games on the cloud for a limited time. About as close as you'll get, but I imagine you need a hell of an internet connection for it not to be laggy as heck.

Glad you like the console though dude good job
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who have a PS4...   Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:13 am

Yeah, the PS3 wasn't backward compatible either (for the most part)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who have a PS4...   

Back to top Go down

For those of you who have a PS4...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: Popular Demand :: Video Games-