HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal Empty
PostSubject: Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal   Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 8:40 am

Sunderland have signed Jermain Defoe on a three-and-a-half year contract from Toronto FC in a deal which sees Jozy Altidore head the other direction.

Defoe returns to the Barclays Premier League, where he has scored over 120 goals during spells with West Ham United, Portsmouth and Tottenham Hotspur.

Striker Altidore moves back to the MLS where he started his career, signing for Toronto FC as part of the deal.

Following five successful years in a second spell with Spurs, Defoe moved to the MLS at the start of 2014, joining the Canadian side and scored 11 times in 16 games for the Reds.

Defoe, who won 55 caps for England, is availble to face his former club when Sunderland visit White Hart Lane on Saturday as all the paperwork has been completed.

“I am delighted to be here and I’m looking forward to the challenge,” said Defoe.

“It is a great club and I’ve always enjoyed coming up here and playing against Sunderland because of the stadium and the supporters. It is a great place to play and I’m really looking forward to it.”

Sunderland AFC head coach Gus Poyet expressed his delight at the completion of the deal: “I am thrilled that Jermain is a Sunderland player. I know all about his attributes and his qualities first-hand and his exceptional goal-scoring record speaks for itself. He has something different, something special.

“We know each other very well - he was very young when we played together and I was coming to the end of my career, so I know him from inside the pitch. When I returned to Spurs as a coach it was a great experience for me to work with him, so I am really looking forward to having him as my player now and for him to be part of our team.

“I would also like to thank Jozy as his begins his career at his new club. It is a fresh start for him and we wish him well.”
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal   Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 3:30 pm

He's leaving the MLS? panic
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal   Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 3:36 pm

But they're getting Altidore back!

(Poor sods)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal   Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 4:20 pm

Good riddance .To sum up Defoe: MLS was too hard for me, because there was pressure from the fans & the media asks questions. Can imagine him playing in Mexico or Argentina if he really wants to see 'mean' fans & media lol.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal   Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 4:39 pm

ROFL! Bitch-made nigga Bruh......
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal   Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 4:45 pm

Oh, & another thing I want to know is how the league is letting Toronto get all these players. They might have 4 DPs in addition to more cap space than anyone else. MLS teams only get 3 million plus 3 DP slots each to spend on players but LA, Seattle, & Toronto have all this money all of a sudden. The league wouldn't let us sign Mix Diskerud but they're gonna let Toronto FC sign Giovinco, too SMH Bruh......

But watch them sign all these expesive players & still be a trash team Bruh......
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal   Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 4:46 pm

Señor 12th Man wrote:
ROFL! Bitch-made nigga Bruh......

Man read this bs Bruh...... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2912374/Jermain-Defoe-homesick-injured-picked-fans-time-Canada.html
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal   Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 6:53 pm

Man, this nigga is a bitch. How was he even remotely successful? Bruh......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal   Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfer news: Jermain Defoe joins Sunderland on a three-and-half year deal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1